TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Astro101

Why is "The Truth" going to be...

Guest Joejigatame
A: He hasn't used that persona in a long time. Only referencing it once since winning the title back in week 8.

B: I point out there shortcomings all the time. Half my preview is written about mistakes and stupid ideas and bashing Jorge Estrada.

C: LOOK AT HIS POST! He clearly states that if Killings were in the WWE he wouldn't have to do the offensize things he does in TNA. I pointed out that as being B.S. A fact.

A: OK, but you accept he used that persona and it was unnecessarily abrasive? I'm aware of the fact that he doesn't use it anymore, and he's doing better without it, which shows that he didn't need to use it in the first place.

B: Good for you.

C: You're correct, he does state that, and for all you know, he could be right. For all you know, WWE could reintroduce him as Ron 'The Janitor' Killings and sidestep any racial or offensive material. Nothing on SD! is that offensive apart from Al Wilson's acting ability, whereas most people realise what RAW is all about.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I never endorsed the racist angle on any level with the exception of the Ricky Steamboat/Truth promo that led to his title shot which I thought was pure genius as it walked a thin line between "They" being white people, and "they" being bookers holding down talent.

However, having seen him post in this folder several times over I stick to my opinion that his post was a comparison that was meant to say "this sort of thing would NEVER happen in the WWE"

Guest Joejigatame
I never endorsed the racist angle on any level with the exception of the Ricky Steamboat/Truth promo that led to his title shot which I thought was pure genius as it walked a thin line between "They" being white people, and "they" being bookers holding down talent.

However, having seen him post in this folder several times over I stick to my opinion that his post was a comparison that was meant to say "this sort of thing would NEVER happen in the WWE"

Fair enough, I guess it's a matter of interpretation. I fail to see how someone could honestly believe that "this sort of thing would NEVER happen in the WWE" though...unless they've lived in a cave with no access to cable tv for the last 15 years.

Actually, I also enjoyed the Killings-Steamboat promo, that was pretty good stuff. When it's logical and not presented as offensive, it makes a heck of a difference.

Guest the 1inch punch
B: I point out there shortcomings all the time. Half my preview is written about mistakes and stupid ideas and bashing Jorge Estrada.

Wont he be there aswell, wasnt he part of Los Boricuas

Guest Youth N Asia
B:  I point out there shortcomings all the time.  Half my preview is written about mistakes and stupid ideas and bashing Jorge Estrada.

No he wasn't...I don't even know if he was working by then.

He did have a small stint in the Urban Wrestling Alliance though...the only real good talent out of the bunch

Guest JHawk
B:  I point out there shortcomings all the time.  Half my preview is written about mistakes and stupid ideas and bashing Jorge Estrada.

You're thinking of Jose Estrada Jr.

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

That spin by Jarrett is hard to swallow when you consider that Killings namedropped Allen Iverson, Rey Lewis, Mike Tyson, and O.J. Simpson as people "they" had held down. With the exception of Tyson, I don't remember any of those guys ever working with a wrestling promoter...

Guest ShooterJay

Getting back on topic, I haven't seen this info being reported anywhere on any site, so how do we know if Truth is even going to be there at all.

Guest Jobber of the Week

Another thread down in flames.

If they bring Killings back with a better gimmick, they're still going to have people wondering where he was all this time. They'll have created a plothole big enough that NYCTA Bus No. PA1767 can drive a bus through it.

...Then again, nobody cared where Bull Buchannan came back from, so whatever.

Guest Vyce

I don't like this.

Say what you will, to me this just smacks me as not "good publicity" for NWA (Vince will never allow that, even if NWA is no threat to him), but rather a situation which the WWE could use to portray as NWA talent trying to get with the WWE.

Remember, this is Vince's television. If anyone from the NWA shows up, the company is going to be shit on in some way.

Guest eirejmcmahon

Reminds me of that episode of The Simpsons featuring a guest appearance from The Critic...

"And hey, Vince, if you ever want any of your talent to appear on my show.."

"No, I won't be doing that".

Guest Jobber of the Week
Remember, this is Vince's television.  If anyone from the NWA shows up, the company is going to be shit on in some way.

I don't know. Vince was pretty good with ECW back in the day and dealed with WWA when trying to get Steiner. Vince doesn't want to be the only wrestling business in town, he just wants to be the only one making money.

I don't think he perceives them as a serious threat, since they run out of a shed and reports of financial instabilities were constant until a few months ago. As long as that continues, and as long as they have young blood that Vince wants...

As long as nobody's getting in the ring, and there's no Jarretts or Russos in the room, smooth sailing.