1. 1. 2002: How was it?

• Best.Year.Ever.
    • Pretty Good
    • O.K.
    • Wasn't Very Good
    • Worst.Year.Ever.

Guest Downhome

Yes, this was the worst year ever...

1) My sister had pregnacy problems, and almost died.

2) Her baby almost died over and over.

3) She had the baby three months early, and Abigail died after just over a month.

4) I was laid off from my perfect job.

5) My grandma almost died two times.

6) My family suffered money problems all through the year, and only just now got them solved.

7) I became depressed, diagnosed as anxious and OCD once again, and was put on Paxil C.R.

8) I got my first traffic ticket in my life. It may not seem that big of a deal to you, but in my mental state in December, it was very major.

9) The same day as number eight, I was charged almost $200 in bank charges.

10) My credit card number was stolen and put me through hell.

11) From Jan. to August, I was out of work looking franticly.

12) I hurt my neck recently, putting me in the most extreme pain I have ever felt in all of my 22 years.

13) Problems with my brother, his ex wife, childern, etc... put me through a hell of a lot of emotional distress.

14) My pet dog, "Puppy", died. After being around since I was 8 years old (meaning he was 14 years old), he finally gave out. He was the greatest dog ever, and I'll never forget him. I know this sounds retarded to any of you who have never been close to an animal or a pet, but to me, he was like a family member. Greatest. Dog. Ever.

15) I was planning to go back to college this past fall, but I did not get financial aid, so that was ended right there. I don't know what I'm going to do in respect to this one.

...that is only some of it, thank God it's over.

Guest HartFan86

2002 just sucked. If you could of sent me in a time machine from December of 2001 to January of 2003 nothing would of been different. What an uneventful, boring year. Ah well.

Worst year ever was 1999...ugh, I sometimes wish I just died with Owen that night (not the main reason 1999 sucked, but it didn't help).

Guest spiny norman

I said pretty good, but it was actually crap. I've just been lucky to remain optomistic throughout it, and it has seemed actually good. My cat was run over by a car as I stood out the front of my house, watched its head get crushed then the driver continue without stopping.

I had a friend of mine murder his flatmate after contemplating suicide when he was drunk and high. He was arrested by one of his closest friends.

But somehow I've looked on the bright side, and figured all bad things must pass. And my optomism paid off.

Sorry that the rest of you all seem to have had such a bad year though, especially you Downhome.

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

I vote OK. 2002 was status quo for me.

My condolences and good luck for 2003 to spiny, Downhome and the rest of you guys who had a hard time of it last year.

Guest Downhome
I vote OK. 2002 was status quo for me.

My condolences and good luck for 2003 to spiny, Downhome and the rest of you guys who had a hard time of it last year.

Thanks, one question though...

...do you REALLY drink rat's milk?

Guest the pinjockey

I put wasn't very good. But in reality the first four months was good but the rest sucked balls so it ended below average.

For the first four months I was rooming with the best friend I ever had and the plan was for him to go to grad school at the same place so all was well. Late in the semester he learns he was not accepted (rejected by podunk university yet Syracuse took him)

Summer blew

Then the worst four months of my life due to roommate trouble and some heartache.

And just starting to come to the realization college will soon end and a life of work follows has me a little depressed.

Of course I feel pretty ashamed putting this as making my year crappy after Downhomme, considering you can actually get up to use a keyboard shows you are a better man then I would be.

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

Well... no, not really. When it comes to milking rats I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Guest Downhome

Well... no, not really. When it comes to milking rats I wouldn't even know where to begin.

You have a lot to learn young one.

You can milk anything with nipples." --- Meet The Parents

Guest Nevermortal

2002 was like every other year.

Boring. I didn't do shit. I sucked in school, but what else is new. But the first half of Senior year is ruling the world.

Guest Downhome
I have nipples, Downhome. Could you milk me?

That line, (the one from the movie fool), is without a doubt one of the funniest lines in any movie in the history of all that is cinema. I never fail to laugh at it when I THINK about it, much less when I read that post or when I SEE the movie.

Guest Kotzenjunge

From the New Year's Thread at ST:

This Year:

Jobless for six months.

Didn't get to start college.

Had a tremendously ugly breakup.

Almost institutionalized and jailed.

Car wreck.

Packers humilated by the Rams in the playoffs.

Tennessee humilated by Marlyand in the Peach Bowl.

Disowned by grandfather.

Relations with best friend destroyed.

Lost in Semifinals at National Academic Team Championship.

Kylie Superfandom.

Great year, eh?

Kylie superfandom > All other problems.

Guest the pinjockey

I wonder how long until someone puts this as the best year ever. It had to be for somebody right.....right?

Guest Downhome
I wonder how long until someone puts this as the best year ever. It had to be for somebody right.....right?

I don't know anyone personally who had a great year this year, it's rather odd also because 2002 seemed to be rough on a lot of people for some reason. Maybe it's because of the damned 2's on both ends!

Guest Nevermortal

1999 will forever be my best year.

I just did so much shit that year, especially during the summer.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

2002 was a terrible year for me.

I had a cousin of mine(who lived practically next door to our house) by on New Year's Day last year, I got fired from my job over some shady bullshit in Febuary, got screwed over by my credit card company when I sent them a change of address form way ahead of time and they didn't send my statement for 3 months(they wanted me to do the check-by-phone, but that costs extra, so I told them to kiss my ass), one of my favorite uncles(and my godfather to boot) died during the summer(I mentioned it in one of my news columns) which depressed the fucking hell out of me, I've been unemployed ever since Febuary and I'm starting to wonder if my ex-employer has been purposefully screwing me over whenever I try and get a new job.

What a fucked up year.

Guest Anglesault

Sucked. Much. I know no one that liked this year. Hell, every year since the Millenium has blown.

Guest Will Scarlet

2002 was uneventful and boring for me. More good than bad, but I am sure it could have been much better. Other than discovering Korean music and posting on this message board, I cannot really think of anything really different for me from this time last year. Ah well. Maybe 2003 will be better.

Guest The Notorious CRD

I voted OK. I started 2002 thinking I had found the woman I was going to spend the rest of my life with. That quickly went to hell and until December life was looking pretty crappy. The only reason this year ended on a high note is because my godson came into this world a few days before Christmas and totally changed my perspective on the whole world.

Guest midnight_burn

2002 was pretty 'meh' for me. Nothing really good happened, but there was nothing overly bad either.

Guest kingkamala

I'd have to say the same as Midnight Burn, nothing really great happened and nothing really terrible happened. I'd say this is the year the 00s becomes it's own decade and fully seperates from the 90's. It took the 90s two or three years to seperate from the 80s, ditto with the 80s and 70s.

Guest Raven_Effect01

2002 also seemed boring to me. I did good in school, but I still hate it nonetheless. Though whenever a holiday/no school day comes, all I'm doing is just playing video games, getting on the internet, and watching wrestling, and that's become so damn repetitive now even though I like the fact that I'm out of school.

Guest hardyz1

"And just starting to come to the realization college will soon end and a life of work follows has me a little depressed."

I'm feeling that. I'll be done with school in June, internship for a couple months, then...*shudder*.

Though it will be nice to live by myself. Hopefully I'll get a place where pets are allowed.

Pets > humans.

Guest SP-1

I came home at twelve thirty last night, posted some, and crashed, feeling pretty crappy and lonely. That sums up the whole year pretty much. Crappy, lonely, and I was exhausted often.

Suck.

Guest Dace59

My best year ever.

Finally pulled, on Valentines Day no sell, so the romantic in me still lives.

Had fair sucess with girls, more so than any year before (because I'd never had any at all before) and had some fun.