TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bps "The Truth" 21

TNA to start airing in Isreal

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

"--NWA TNA has closed a deal with Star World in Israel. The shows will start airing on 1/17, sequencially, starting from the first shows in June. They will be broken up into one-hour shows, so the first hour of the two-hour PPV would air on Fridays both from 2-3 p.m. and again from 7:30-8:30 p.m., and the second hour would air on Sundays at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. (thanks to Gerry Roif) "

--observer site.

What I read intersting: "First shows in...JUNE?"

I have to be honest. As I am putting the finishing...ok...starting touches on my 2002 TNA review column I was going to include something along the lines of "Who thinks I'll be writing the 2003 year in review before June". Does it surprise anyone as much as me that TNA is making plans so far down the road? This is the company that almost closed up shop after week 13, until the new money came in. I am really interested in this deal they have with Panda and what it means for the longevity of the company.

Guest oldschoolwrestling

I may be confused but I think they meant June 2002 when TNA started.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Hey your right. I can't read.

I still want to know about Panda energy though.

discuss that and ignore the man behind the curtain...

Guest Slapnuts00

I find it interesting that A) Theyre airing from the first episode, that's cool. And B) that theyre breaking them up into first and second hours. That seems kinda dumb...

Guest oldschoolwrestling

Update:

Star World also broadcasts to the following countries: Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Middle East (including Israel), Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, and Thailand.

This deal obviously gives TNA good worldwide exposure.

Credit: 1wrestling.com

Guest nikowwf

If it gives them a nice cash stream, its a great thing. If it gives them chickenfeed, then I could care less if they show it in 100 countries.

Still, its nice to be writing about new deals they have rather than wondering if they will get funding and continue.

niko

the only reason they ran out of money was because of that guy who was working, or supposedly working for the wwf and lied to tna about their financing. they were told they were making more money than they actaully were, so they were spending more money than they had. which is why they had to change venues and sets

Guest HBK16

Phoenix doesnt get TNA but stupid Isreal gets it. I dont see any sense coming from that. They should atleast make a national deal with America before they go worldwide.

Don't blame Pheonix. Blame your cable and satellite provider!

Too bad they'll have to see the crappy stuff before they got rid of it. They should just cut off all that Dupp Cup and Johnsons stuff.

Guest Jobber of the Week
Star World also broadcasts to the following countries: Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Middle East (including Israel), Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, and Thailand.

This deal obviously gives TNA good worldwide exposure.

Except quite a few of these countries don't speak English. Not to mention this whole "let's give blowjobs to the IWC and make them feel knowlegable by cutting promos about Russo's booking, the WWE plane ride from hell, whatever headline is new on the Torch, etc" tactic kind of backfires in countries where almost everyone is probably a mark due to a lack of any IWC.

I hope they learn to tone it down though. Crossdressers, obscenity for the sake of obscenity, and rednecks singing songs about how America sticks boots up everyone else's ass are not going to fly well in some of these countries.

EDIT: They're airing from the first episode?

Well, fuck. If they don't do some heavy edits, they won't last long. Look above to see why.

Isreal, but not the UK? Right, :huh:

I think the 1 hour a show thing is veryy stupid. Look at the first show for example. Show 1 would be basically the parade (pretty boring and not the way to get viewers hooked), and wouldnt they have to cut the main event gauntlet in 2?

Guest Jobber of the Week

I think they'll probably just clip stuff. Not matches, but non-match stuff.

Like I said, the country music performance in the first episode probably won't interest other cultures, especially the Middle East.

Also, Bruce and the Miss TNA title will probably not be accepted in Malaysia, where being gay is illegal and a taboo subject (especially in the parts of the country under Islamic law.)

Guest evenflowDDT

Is TNA wrestling fake? Naw man, Isreal!

Sorry, had to poke fun at the typo. It's Israel.

Guest Slapnuts00
Is TNA wrestling fake? Naw man, Isreal!

Sorry, had to poke fun at the typo. It's Israel.

Sorry man, it's fake, you just in The Nile....never mind....