TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DerangedHermit

IYH Question

Guest DerangedHermit

I have this (and another IYH with main-event: Diesel-Bulldog) on one tape, and I'm just wondering about a few things:

1) What was the Free-for-All? Is it like how Heat is now?

2) Who the hell was that guy with Goldust and Marlena in the Dust-Woyah match?

3) Why was Vince so annoying at commentary? :)

Guest MillenniumMan831

1. The Free-for-All was a 30 minute show on the Preview Channel. It lasted from Jan 1996 until Jul 1998 when ppvs started at 8pm and Heat took over the pre-ppv duties.

2. Never actually saw the ppv, but that was probably just the usher. He was just a messenger guy to basically enhance the Goldust character.

3. So you think "One-Two-And Three He Got Him . . . Oh Wait the Referee is saying just a 2-count! UnbEEEEEElievable ACCCTTTIIIIOOONNN!!!!" is annoying. So did everyone else. Can't effectively answer your question though.

Guest RedJed
2) Who the hell was that guy with Goldust and Marlena in the Dust-Woyah match?

That was Bruiser Mastino (sp?) who played Mantaur a little while before that short stint with Goldust.

Guest dreamer420

I was a mark for when Vince would announce the Royal Rumble participants before the show would start back in the day.

HAAAAKUUUUUUUUU

Guest BAR

I didn't think Vince was too bad until he called an inverted atomic drop a 'reverse pildrive' at Survivor Series 1996.

I remember a really funny moment when Lawler and Vince were on commemtary, I believe it was IYH5. Lawler asked Vince during the Bret/DBS

"Do you know who defeated Bret at SummerSlam '92?" Vince answered something like "Who was it?" Lawler then forced him to guess and Vince blurted out something like "MR PERFECT!" Then Lawler said something like "No, you idiot, it was the Bulldog!"

Classic moment, although my memory of it is very sketchy.

Guest Mattdotcom
I remember a really funny moment when Lawler and Vince were on commemtary, I believe it was IYH5. Lawler asked Vince during the Bret/DBS  

"Do you know who defeated Bret at SummerSlam '92?" Vince answered something like "Who was it?" Lawler then forced him to guess and Vince blurted out something like "MR PERFECT!" Then Lawler said something like "No, you idiot, it was the Bulldog!"

Either you're confused or they did this act again, because when Piper is reffing the Backlund/Hart match at WM XI, King asks Vince, "Who did Bret Hart beat for the Intercontinental title at WrestleMania VIII?"

After some probing, Vince gets mad and screams "I DON'T KNOW! THE BRITISH BULLDOG?!"

"Wrong," King replies. "It was Rowdy Roddy Piper."

Guest WrestlingDeacon

then you're remembering wrong too, Bret defeated Piper at Wrestlemania 8, as Piper had took the belt off the Mountie at the Royal Rumble, not the other way around.

Guest Mattdotcom
then you're remembering wrong too, Bret defeated Piper at Wrestlemania 8, as Piper had took the belt off the Mountie at the Royal Rumble, not the other way around.

A crucial miswording on my part. Thanks for pointing that out. It has been fixed.