TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ShooterJay

Jonny Storm gets TNA tryout

Guest ShooterJay

--Jonny Storm from England is tentatively scheduled to work a dark match this coming Wednesday on the NWA TNA show

-> Observer

Another great X-Division talent if they sign him, the guy is very smooth in the ring and rarely blows his (very impressive) spots. I've only seen his two stateside matches with Fleisch though, so I'm not sure how he meshes with other opponents. I've heard good things about his work with AJ and Daniels in FWA though.

On a related note, I think a good idea would be for TNA, every couple of shows. to put on an "indy rivalry showcase" match, bringing in two well-known workers who are best known for their matches with each other and have them go all out. Matches like Storm/Fleisch, Punk/Cabana, Shane/London and even MDogg/Josh Pro would be great to see on TNA.

Guest Sandman9000

Super Dragon/B-Boy, Nick Mondo/Messiah, maybe toss Chris Hero in that CM Punk/Colt Cobana mix.

Guest Basswitch

I would love to see M Dogg 20 in TNA. He would be fun as hell to watch in the X division. I just wanna see him climb up the TNA Asylum like he did in the ECW Arena.... lol.

Plus i am an MDogg20 mark.

I would like to see Ikuto Hidaka and Minoru Tanaka in TNA, if they could get them. They are both awsome.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

Shooter - I've seen a lot of Jonny Storm (as I live in the UK) and he would be a good X-Division addition.

His best opponent is Fleisch and because he knows him so well he rarely messes up spots with him.

However, it can sometimes be hit and msis with other opponents. He was faultless with AJ Styles in October yet with Doug Williams in December there was a few blown spots.

Guest Daddy X

It's very hard to judge a spot wrestler against Doug Williams though as Doug is pretty much all pure mat wrestling. I say Johnny Storm would be a good addition to TNA though.

Im from the UK aswell, and Jonny would be a great addition to the X-Division. I like the idea of the x-Grudge mathces that ShooterJay suggested.

However, I have to pimp Jody Fliesch here. Jonny is a good worker but Jody is outstanding. Anyone who has seen any of his work would be able to back me up on this one. The guys is only 21 and has a huge future ahead of him.

As for other X-division candidates, what about Trent Acid. Im not a huge fan of his, but he''s got a reputation for putting on good matches and could be a good addition to the division.

ChUnK!

Guest the 1inch punch

Well, I'm from Ireland, but i watch loads of British Wrestling.

Personally, I think Storm is a spot-monkey, while Fleisch is better

But Doug Williams rules all

I agree that Jonny can be a bit spotty at times, but i think that he coud work well in the X-Division with that style. Doug is a great talent, and Fleisch can work different styles. I think that Fliesch would be a huge signing for the X-Division and could reign as a good x champ.

ChUnK!

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Paul, why no Messiah? The guy can do more than garbage matches (I've seen Messiah vs. Carlito Montana, and it was pure-wrestling and a good match, SmackDown-standards anyways), and has a following.

Messiah in TNA would be good for either Team NWA or SEX. Hell, TNA could introduce a 3rd team...TEAM ULTRAVIOLENCE...and bring in garbage workers to do matches that are between deathmatches and WWE Hardcore matches in terms of intensity and hardcore-ness.

Guest the 1inch punch

There was a rumour that Jim Mitchell would lead a third Faction, with wrestlers who didnt fit in to either group. Problem is, the story is so well structured that everyone is either/or, no two ways aboot it

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Well, you could still work a 3rd faction in. It'd make it reminiscent of Gang Wars-era, or Summer '98 WCW (WCW vs. nWo Hollywood vs. nWo Wölfpac), but it could display three different styles of wrestling that are popular with wrestling fans...

Team NWA: A style based on pure ring-action, also could be called "old-school wrestling."

SEX: Sports Entertainment, with the style based on big spots.

The New Church (Mitchell's faction): Mostly brawling with dabs of power-wrestling and hardcore.

Well, you could still work a 3rd faction in. It'd make it reminiscent of Gang Wars-era, or Summer '98 WCW (WCW vs. nWo Hollywood vs. nWo Wölfpac), but it could display three different styles of wrestling that are popular with wrestling fans...

Team NWA: A style based on pure ring-action, also could be called "old-school wrestling."

SEX: Sports Entertainment, with the style based on big spots.

The New Church (Mitchell's faction): Mostly brawling with dabs of power-wrestling and hardcore.

Sounds awesome to me :)

ChUnK!

Guest Andy

I'm all for Jonny Storm getting some credit in the States. He's a good talent.

Cheers,

Andy

Guest Zack Malibu

The New Church just seems like a perfect fit for Messiah, doesn't it?

As for Storm, I've heard great things about him, and I know he's been working with Lynn in XPW, so Jerry I'm sure could vouch for him. Getting all these Russo-affiliated guys (D. Flair, Sanders) and Legends (Rhodes, Larry Z.) for the main storyline is fine, but Storm could make a good X Division addition that's not involved in the SEX/TNA war.

Guest Goodear

I've seen Storm all of one time, so I really don't have an opinion. But just on general principle, TNA should hire him to have another Storm (along with Quiet and The AMW one) and fued with all the Harris' on the roster. It's GOLD.

Guest biggstevie

There was a screw-up with Jonny's flights, and he didn't get to Nashville unlucky jonny. :(

There was a screw-up with Jonny's flights, and he didn't get to Nashville unlucky jonny. :(

Really? That sucks. Are they going to give him another chance.

ChUnK!