TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

The One and Only FWA: New Frontiers thread

I know its a bit early, but the forum has been a little bit dead lately, so I figured I would start this thread anyway.

Coming off the back of the excellent Seasons Beatings show, comes FWA: New Frontiers.

At seasons beatings Jerry Lynn won a one night tournament to become the Number 1 contender to Chris Daniels' FWA Heavyweight Championship.

Doug Willams complained after the show that he had the same amount of points after the tournament as Lynn had.

Chris Daniels can not make it to the New Friontiers show, so Williams Vs Lynn has been booked to name a single No 1 contender to the title.

The show is also the fourth aniversary show for the FWA, and will feature a relauch of the promotion. More details on this will be announced, but something is said to be planned that will seperate the FWA from all other promotions in the UK.

The card at present looks as follows:

Jerry Lynn vs Doug Williams (30 Min Iron Man Rules)

Jonny Storm vs Juventud Guerrera

Alex Shane & Ulf Herman

vs Flash Barker & Mark Sloan with Dean Ayass

Ticket and oher show details are as follows:

Saturday 8th February 2003

(LONDON)

The FWA relaunch with their 4th anniversary show

Venue: Walthamstow Assembly Halls, Forest Road, Walthamstow, London E17

Tickets:

£35 - Gold Ringside (Ringside Rows 1 & 2) includes gold ticket package (including limited edition t-shirt)

£25 - Gold Balcony (Balcony first Row) includes gold ticket package (including limited edition t-shirt)

£20 - Rows 3 & 4

£15 - Rows 5 & 6

£10 - All other seats

Ticket hotlines: 020 8521 7111 and 020 8518 7088

In my opinion, this looks like the weakest FWA card I have been to. The relaunch has enough intrigue and mystery around it for me to buy a ticket, but the fact that ROH have their 1 year anniversary show on the same day, has crippled the FWA.

Fleish will not be present, and they have had to sign Juvi as their 2nd overseas star.

The main event looks awesome, but im not overly excited about the rest of the card. Dont get me wrong, it looks good. But, with the high standard the FWA have set recently, im not sure this show will shape up.

A new commishoner will also be named that evening, and it is said to be a famous name from the British Wrestling scene.

Thoughts and opinions on the show ?

ChUnK!

new_frontiers.jpg

Guest biggstevie
:) Hi people first post here well cant wait for this show the Jonny Storm vs Juventud Guerrera should be a good match the last match they had was in november in bristol.which was meant 2 be the best match of the night. i will be there front row like i am at every fwa show. lets just hope the under card has enough 2 offer. :)

Guest the 1inch punch
I know its a bit early, but the forum has been a little bit dead lately, so I figured I would start this thread anyway.

Coming off the back of the excellent Seasons Beatings show, comes FWA: New Frontiers.

At seasons beatings Jerry Lynn won a one night tournament to become the Number 1 contender to Chris Daniels' FWA Heavyweight Championship.

Doug Willams complained after the show that he had the same amount of points after the tournament as Lynn had.

Chris Daniels can not make it to the New Friontiers show, so Williams Vs Lynn has been booked to name a single No 1 contender to the title.

The show is also the fourth aniversary show for the FWA, and will feature a relauch of the promotion. More details on this will be announced, but something is said to be planned that will seperate the FWA from all other promotions in the UK.

The card at present looks as follows:

Jerry Lynn vs Doug Williams (30 Min Iron Man Rules)

Jonny Storm vs Juventud Guerrera

Alex Shane & Ulf Herman

vs Flash Barker & Mark Sloan with Dean Ayass

Ticket and oher show details are as follows:

Saturday 8th February 2003

(LONDON)

The FWA relaunch with their 4th anniversary show

Venue: Walthamstow Assembly Halls, Forest Road, Walthamstow, London E17

Tickets:

£35 - Gold Ringside (Ringside Rows 1 & 2) includes gold ticket package (including limited edition t-shirt)

£25 - Gold Balcony (Balcony first Row) includes gold ticket package (including limited edition t-shirt)

£20 - Rows 3 & 4

£15 - Rows 5 & 6

£10 - All other seats

Ticket hotlines: 020 8521 7111 and 020 8518 7088

In my opinion, this looks like the weakest FWA card I have been to. The relaunch has enough intrigue and mystery around it for me to buy a ticket, but the fact that ROH have their 1 year anniversary show on the same day, has crippled the FWA.

Fleish will not be present, and they have had to sign Juvi as their 2nd overseas star.

The main event looks awesome, but im not overly excited about the rest of the card. Dont get me wrong, it looks good. But, with the high standard the FWA have set recently, im not sure this show will shape up.

A new commishoner will also be named that evening, and it is said to be a famous name from the British Wrestling scene.

Thoughts and opinions on the show ?

ChUnK!

new_frontiers.jpg

Have to agree the card looks very...Fleischless

New Commish? Andre Baker.....only kidding, itll probably be Mick McManus or someone

Guest netslob

dude, who the HELL is that chick in that banner? she's frickin' gorgeous!

does this FWA have a site, perchance?

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

That'd be Nikita, whos a pretty good wrestler girlfiend IRL of Alex Shane (shown in the background of New Frontier Promo Pic).

You can learn mroe about the FWA at their official websitehere.

The best news I have heard recently is the possiblilty of an FWA v XPW or ROH feud to start this late spring.

That'd be Nikita, whos a pretty good wrestler girlfiend IRL of Alex Shane (shown in the background of New Frontier Promo Pic).

You can learn mroe about the FWA at their official websitehere.

The best news I have heard recently is the possiblilty of an FWA v XPW or ROH feud to start this late spring.

Yep, that is Nikita. You can reach the fwa page at the link that wresltegame gave you. Nikita is actually a pretty good wrestler, and ive seen here take some big bumps. Check out my new sig :D

I think the inter-promotional feud will kick off on the May 17th show. I could be a little off their, im not 100% certain without looking it up. Im hoping its ROH and not XPW.

Aside from having Nikita, the FWA is actually a very good promotion, and I recommend anyone check them out. Their latest show to be released on video is a good place to start. It was called British Uprising.

ChUnK!

Guest DeputyHawk

i don't understand the point of having the title on chris daniels when he's never there, it just makes the fwa look bush league, which they're not anymore. i could understand it if there was a build towards a daniels vs. doug williams showdown, which if doug goes over jerry there could well be, but it just really hurts them having daniels awol since winning the belt.

EDIT: www.nikitauk.com/pages/886498/index.htm

yum.

i don't understand the point of having the title on chris daniels when he's never there, it just makes the fwa look bush league, which they're not anymore. i could understand it if there was a build towards a daniels vs. doug williams showdown, which if doug goes over jerry there could well be, but it just really hurts them having daniels awol since winning the belt.

I have to agree. But in defence of the FWA, I dont that they planned it this way. I think they knew that Daniels wouldn't be available for Seasons Beatings, and so booked the one night tournament for the FWA title. (Which made sense, and a good show).

However, I think it was unknown that Daniels wouldn't be available for New Frontiers, and so they have had to just make the best of the situation.

I can see why they have th ebelt on Daniels, it puts some mystery into the outcome of matches, because before, you knew that teh British guy would always go over.

When it happens though, Daniels/Williams should be awesome.

ChUnK!

Guest the 1inch punch

- Doug Williams v. Christopher Daniels. If Williams loses, he can't ever

shake hands again, and if Daniels loses, he ALWAYS has to shake hands.

Williams overpowers Daniels and gets a hiptoss to start, and they do a

pinfall reversal sequence. Williams does a nice rolling anklelock to start

working on the leg, but Daniels reverses him into a Kunze armbar.

Williams goes back to the leg, but Daniels flips him out of it and it's a

stalemate again. Williams takes a breather, but gets suplexed back in for

two. Williams takes him back down with an anklelock, and dragon-screws

him into the leglock. That's some quality mat-wrestling. Daniels blocks a

rollup and takes Williams down with a neckbreaker, and drops some elbows

for two. Another neckbreaker gets two. Russian legsweep gets two.

Williams reverses a neckbreaker into a backslide for two, but Daniels blocks

a rollup with a stunner for two. Daniels goes to a submission move, but

Williams comes back with a backdrop. Daniels with the atomic drop and

another neckbreaker for two. He sure loves those neckbreakers. Flatliner

gets two. Williams comes back with a tornado DDT for two. Knee in the

corner sets up a high knee, and Williams goes up for the flying knee, which

gets two. Fisherman's buster gets two. Chaos Theory is stopped with an

STO by Daniels, and it's cool to actually hear an announce team CALL that

move. Daniels dodges a charge and powerbombs him for two. Chokeslam

and he goes up with a moonsault for two. Williams catches him with a belly

to belly and blocks a rollup for two. Into the pinfall reversals, which gives

Williams another near-fall, and Daniels takes him down with another cradle

for two. Chaos Theory (rollup into german suplex) gets two, but Daniels is

in the ropes. Pin in the corner gets the pin for Daniels at 12:28. Okay

heavyweight style match, but they never really got it going. **1/4

Maybe, Maybe Not Chunk

Hmmm, you got me all concerned now. :)

Ill put it down to an off day, and ill keep my faith in the two guys. Lets hope the red hot British fans fire them up, if the match ever happens.

Out of interest, where is that quote taken from?

ChUnK!

Scott Keith did his first ever ROH rant. its up on 411

Is that where the quote comes from? Your post is a bit confusing, im not sure you mean the quote, or just that SK has now rated his first ever ROH show.

To be honest, im not supprised. I like Scott Kieths rants, but he seems to be a massive mark for the WWE, and totally overlooks the indy's. Perhaps its just me. He also seems to mark uncontrollably for Benoit.

ChUnK!

Guest DeputyHawk

daniels and williams fought at roh glory by honor on 10/5. it's one of the roh shows i've unfortunately not seen yet, so i can't comment on the match quality. however three things keep my faith in the eventual fwa showdown:

i)60-minute crowning of a champion match from 7/27 involving daniels, williams, lowki & spanky was absolutely unreal,

ii)the two have been in enough individual classics for me to believe they have it in them to produce another between the two of them, even if the 10/5 match may have been sub-par for whatever reason, and

iii)scott keith is generally an ignorant fuck when it comes to indy wrestling, so i wouldn't put much stock in his opinion outside of the wwe. i read an old czw review he did in which the only knowledge he had of red was that he was 'some guy'. incisive stuff, no?

anyway, i'm looking forward to the match, if and when it does happen. in many ways, it may have been a blessing in disguise that daniels can'tmake new frontiers. the main there would probably have been a daniels/williams/lynn three way. hopefully now, doug & jerry will settle the no.1 contender dispute, and for the next show a one-on-one title match imo will be much better in re-establishing williams as the fwa's top dog. i'd be willing to place money that when they do square off again, it will be a **** match at least.

daniels and williams fought at roh glory by honor on 10/5. it's one of the roh shows i've unfortunately not seen yet, so i can't comment on the match quality. however three things keep my faith in the eventual fwa showdown:

i)60-minute crowning of a champion match from 7/27 involving daniels, williams, lowki & spanky was absolutely unreal,

ii)the two have been in enough individual classics for me to believe they have it in them to produce another between the two of them, even if the 10/5 match may have been sub-par for whatever reason, and

iii)scott keith is generally an ignorant fuck when it comes to indy wrestling, so i wouldn't put much stock in his opinion outside of the wwe. i read an old czw review he did in which the only knowledge he had of red was that he was 'some guy'. incisive stuff, no?

anyway, i'm looking forward to the match, if and when it does happen. in many ways, it may have been a blessing in disguise that daniels can'tmake new frontiers. the main there would probably have been a daniels/williams/lynn three way. hopefully now, doug & jerry will settle the no.1 contender dispute, and for the next show a one-on-one title match imo will be much better in re-establishing williams as the fwa's top dog. i'd be willing to place money that when they do square off again, it will be a **** match at least.

I cant wait, sounds awesome allready.

Was that CZW review you read BOTB1? I read kieths review of that show as well. He criticses the Briscoes for working the smae match against each other too many times. he gave their match like ****1/2 or something, but then basically said it was unfair because they work with each other all the time.

Ever here him say the same thing about a bret/owen match? Didnt think so.

ChUnK!

Guest DeputyHawk

exactly. a great match is a great match. sk just seems to resent anything that's not got grade-a production values and a wwe logo in the corner of the screen. i'm not saying that daniels/williams was a good match that time, cause i've not seen it, just that anything he has to say regarding indy feds and workers generally doesn't seem to be worth much of a damn. i believe it was his botb1 review, yeah. if really resent the fact he thinks he can watch one show with little to no knowledge of the workers or the fed itself, and feel he has the authority to slate it based on the standards of wwe, which is pretty much all he watches these days by the sound of it. stick to what you know sir, for you do it well.

Its wierd, when you think about it. He defends the WWE against the indy's and refuses to believe that they could produce better macthes than in the wwe. But at the same time, hes the first person to criticise the wwe, and cut them about 0.000001% slack. (Apart from his precious few guys of course).

I am a fan of sk's rants, but when you look at it, hes a pretty complex guy. Why exactly does he watch wrestling? lol :)

ChUnK!