TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Muzz

Final Moments

Guest Muzz

He walks into the room, and throws his overcoat across the room. He nods to the woman across the room, and she bows slightly, smiling, before heading out the door. He sighs, calmly walking over to the fire she made, drying himself out, his clothes soaked after the fierce torrent of rain that rages outside his window. As he begins to settle into his evening routine, something on the table beside him catches his eye, something out of place.

Just a simple tape recorder.

He looks around, wondering if she had left already, wanting to know the source of the mysterious package. Finding she had already left, he looks down at the recorder, a small note says "Play".

He presses.

. . .

"Hello."

. . .

Almost immediately, he recognises the distinct accent... He leans closer to the machine...

. . .

"It's been a long time, I wish I didn't have to leave this, and I could speak to you myself, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Anyway, I hope this message finds you well, because to tell you the truth, I'm not..."

. . .

Intriuged by the message, he sits down, rubbing his chin and crossing his legs, listening.

. . .

"It's a long story, but I'm sure you've been following it, always keeping an eye on me, it was comforting know that somewhere, you were doing that. I wish you told me where you went, I would come and seen you. Eh, I know you didn't need me hanging on to you any more, so I followed my own path, and like everything I've done in life, it ended with tradegy."

. . .

"My life has been one long tradegy, just when things started to go well... *sigh* events blow up in my face, and I'm left lost again. I could have used your guidance, but I guess it's too late now."

. . .

"I'm sure you know about Anna, and I'm sorry I didn't look out for her like you said I should. You said, "You've got a fine woman there Andrew, don't let her go, she's one of a kind, you do everything in your power to keep her safe, the one that brings you true happiness." One of a kind was right, only she could make me truly happy, like you said, but I didn't live up to your promise, and I did let her go, but in a far more tragic way... Oh how life vexes me so."

. . .

"After she died, I knew I would never be the same, but... that didn't stop me try to reclaim some of my former glory, and do everything I set out to do in the federation. I did, but there was no one to share the success with. By then, all my friends had left, and Anna was gone, and people had lost all respect for me. In a way, the more successful I was, the more fragile of mind I became. You know I could never back away from a fight, to claim glory, to be the best, but no one cared about me, I've been easily forgotten by my peers, which saddens me to the point..."

. . .

"There's no hope for me anymore, and I apoligise for giving up, but surely even you can see why. When I look back at the things that happened, that make me angry. I wish none of it ever happened, I wish I could live in peace, with my love, and my sanity, but no, the world took both from me..."

. . .

"It's time for me to go, but this time . . . it's for good. . ."

. . .

The voice on the tape suddenly break up, with quiet, gentle sobbing... The voice starts to plead.

. . .

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry I've dissapointed you. I'm sorry I let her go, I'm sorry! I'M SORRY! I - I... I just can't go on, please forgive me, please..."

. . .

"I hear death calling me now, but I need one last favour from you... I need you to do what I could not, I've arranged for you to get the chance, but it's up to you to make it happen, but I pray, I pray to god that you make the most of it, and success can bring you happiness, and not the sorrow I have endured..."

. . .

"Good bye. . ."

. . .

. . .

His head drops as the tape stops . . . As the fire blazes, illuminating the room . . .

But he does not weep for his death.

. . .

"Good bye." He whispers.

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

...It's times like this where I wish I'd read many of your older promos so that I'd understand what the fuck was going on in this one.

However, very well written... and again, sorry to see you go, Sacred.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Well, there's a jumping-off point for a new character if ever I did see one. Ashes to ashes, Sacred to dust.

Guest Powerplay

Wow. I mean, just wow. That was one hell of a great promo. I mean, it was a proper way to give a send off for one hell of a character, and what a send off. Even though he did some shitty things in life, you have to feel some sorrow for the passing of this man. And... who was the tape sent to? I have a couple guesses already, but this could turn into something incredibly cool.

Guest TheBostonStrangler

Wow. That's so sad, man. Very rarely do I read something and actually feel bad about what's going on, that made me feel real emotion. This is up there with some of the best writing that's ever taken place in this fed. The last thing I read was Thugg's last match before his first retirement, when Edwin started to help him at the end of the beatdown. That had me REALLY into it, and this did the same thing. It's a shame that you have to go, but you couldn't go out on a higher note than this. I hope you're gonna use some of your free time to write some fiction, because if it's anything like this, it'd be some great shit.

Guest Ace309

There's nothing more for me to say, other than that you set a bar that none of us could ever hope to reach.

Guest DiabloIIFreak1010

Sacred, honestly, this is maybe the best promo I've ever read. I enjoyed reading your character so much...and I can't believe it ends here.

Cheers, Sacred. I'll miss your work. :cheers:

- Matt

Guest AnnieEclectic

The man who broke the "Aussie" glass ceiling, the only writer to capture every title this fed has to offer. We'll miss the guy who's easily the most underrated writer the fed has. Great guy, great writer, and hopefully will be sticking around OC-ly like he has of late so we don't miss the man himself.

...at least I got one shot at you, and I'm happy to have worked with you, even if it was a sort of throw-away match for you.

Go on to better things, and have fun.

*raises glass to Sacred*

-Annie

Guest midnight_burn

I was hoping we'd get one final Sacred promo to wrap every thing up, and this most certainly delivered. It's a shame though, Sacred's promo's have always been my favourites, so it sucks there won't be any more.

Guest Thoth

Wow. Can't believe you're gone.

It's funny... I say everyone comes back... but do they?

I wish I could've gone out like you.