TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Joo Know Da Deal

Guest RedJed

Pretty much agreed with most of the review, especially with the match ratings. The main event, a match that most probably thought would be a DUD, ended up being bearable and a middle of the road rating made sense. I think you're right that Koloff is being brought in to probably do a match with Rhodes for nostalgia NWA value. Sounds weird but I'd like to see him against Killings too, not sure why though. Other than that, I would bet he'll be more of a Russo bodyguard and maybe they can get rid of the Harris Boys if thats the case.

Guest dreamer420

I thought you were a tad hard on the AJ Styles vs. The Truth match maybe. I thought they worked very well together and I had the match pegged at ***.

Guest Pegasus Kid

Women's match was 0.7 Gayda and you gave it 1/4*? There goes all my respect for these reviews. :P

Less detailed PbP would be nice (but we've yapped about that before).

I thought the match ratings were fair but actually overrated (which is the opposite of my opinion of your work usually) the main event and Truth vs Styles match.

These shows are getting worse by the week. This is the second week in a row I've tried to review TNA and stopped 1/2 way through because of how bad it was. Props to you Dames for having the patience to keep watching a poor product.

I'll give TNA respect for one thing though; their production is getting better by leaps and bounds. Whoever is plugging the dough and personnel into that section of the broadcast is doing a good job.

Guest JHawk

Nice job, Dames, but I'd stick with the pbp the way you're doing it for those of us who can always pay the 10 bucks.

Koloff joining Russo makes no sense though, as Koloff does the preaching thing and has been pretty much out of the business because of the "sports entertainment" aspect of it. Unless they're "swerving" us, like he's a spy for Bob Armstrong or something.

I have no idea who Nikita is...someone tell me?

Ok show, nothing spectactular, but not horrible. I hope Truth will continue to feud with Styles.

I guess with Tenay calling out the "legends" last week, more are gonna come out, which I have no problem with. It's kinda cool. I DO have a problem with them getting in the ring though.

Guest dreamer420

I love seeing all the legends that TNA is bring back. After Hogan started his nostalgic run earlier in the year I have been wanting to see more and more of my old favourites and I'm glad that TNA is putting them on their shows.

Guest Slapnuts00

I didn't order this week, for the first time in many weeks. Doesn't look good. I've said all along Russo is nothing but bad. I'm content with wrestling oriented show with long good matches with exciting moves and simple storylines like many of their older weeks. Not the trash that they're expecting people to shell out 10 bucks for the past couple weeks. Dusty Rhodes, Larry Zybysko and Nikita Koloff isn't any incenticve either. There's a reason the Heroes of Wrestling PPV from a few years ago didn't do so well (besides Jake being drunk out of his mind and humping a snake).

Although Roddy Piper on the show again is very intriguing to me they'll need to announced at least 2 matches in advance that have potential to be really good to get my buy (what is with the recent trend of not announcing matches? Is Russo a moron, I mean the only way you're gonna get people to order the shows is to hype what they'll see at least match wise. I can understand keeping the special appearences secret but there's no excuse for not hyping as many matches as they can for the show).

Guest JHawk
I have no idea who Nikita is...someone tell me?

Ok show, nothing spectactular, but not horrible. I hope Truth will continue to feud with Styles.

I guess with Tenay calling out the "legends" last week, more are gonna come out, which I have no problem with. It's kinda cool. I DO have a problem with them getting in the ring though.

You should read Brandon's review of the Nikita Koloff shoot interview for a more detailed explanation, but the short version:

Nikita was a "Russian" wrestler in the NWA from arounf 1985 until his retirement in 1992 or 1993. He made his initial face turn by becoming Magnum T.A.'s friend after Magnum's car accident (they had had a kickass feud in 1986) and by teaming with Dusty Rhodes as the Superpowers. The problem is (as far as anybody whose ever met Nikita is concerned) he's a born again Christian and has stayed out of wrestling because he doesn't like "sports entertainment". So him being on Russo's side kind of seems forced.

Guest RedJed

Whats so funny to me about Koloff is he's actually a native Minnesotan who went to high school with such others as Tom Zenk and Rick Rude in, I believe, Robbinsdale High School. Real name is Scott Simpson.

Hell of a job he did in that gimmick, of course if it wasn't for Ivan Koloff being around I'm sure there would have been no Nikita either.

Guest Slapnuts00

Now did Nikoli Volkoff fit in this picture at all, or am I confusing my Russian baddies?

Guest dreamer420

You are mixing up the Russians there. It was Nikita Koloff that returned last Wednesday not former WWF heel Nikolai Volkoff.