TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mole

Cable modem...

Guest Mole

Right now, I have AOL, which is $23.90 a month, along with the additional phone line which is $17.31 a month.

The cable connection would be $19.99 a month, for the first three months, then $39.95 a month after that.

Basically, it would be cheaper to have the cable hook up, which is like 10x faster. It's a sweet deal.

I called AOL, and told them about the situation. They then gave us 2 months free, so it worked out pretty well.

My question is, does anyone have a cable modem through Comcast? Is it worth it?

Thanks fellas.

Guest Ace309

You should have asked for six months free.

I don't have a Comcast modem, but my cable connection through Adelphia is really nice.

Guest Lethargic

Mine is through Comcast. I've never had any problems. And of course it's worth it. Even if you get the shittiest broadband there is, it's still worth it to get out of the stoned age of AOL dial up.

Guest Youth N Asia

Just switch to cable when the 2 months is up...my buddy has Comcast cable modem, and if I had the cash I would too

Guest Eagan469

yes, and after the 2 months are up expect the longest lecture of your life from an AOL rep telling you why you shouldn't cancel :P

Guest Mole

Yeah, he was giving me all this shit.

AOL Guy: You should go to keyword: BYOA, it is very interesting. Now, if you get the cable modem, you could still have AOL, and only pay $9.95.

Me: Ahhh, that ruins the whole idea of me getting rid of AOL. I wanna save money, so I wouldn't wanna do that.

AOL Guy: Blah, blah, blah.

Guest Youth N Asia
Yeah, he was giving me all this shit.

AOL Guy: You should go to keyword: BYOA, it is very interesting. Now, if you get the cable modem, you could still have AOL, and only pay $9.95.

Me: Ahhh, that ruins the whole idea of me getting rid of AOL. I wanna save money, so I wouldn't wanna do that.

AOL Guy: Blah, blah, blah.

Damn...I know they have to push their product and all...but who in their right mind would keep AOL on at $10 a month if they had cable.

I honestly don't see how they could have 1 selling point that beats going to cable.

Guest DrTom

I have Comcast internet. Yes, it's definitely worth it. I've had it for two and a half years now, and I will never have non-broadband internet again.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

I have Time-Warner Road Runner, and if you use the Internet daily I say splurge and get it.

I was paying almost as much for RR than I was when I was using a dial-up and extra phone line (for my house anyway).

Once you go cable, you will never be able (to go back to dial-up)...

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

You know, I bet you could keep calling every 2 months to cancel and get 2 free months..

I wish I could "think" about getting a cable modem...All I can do is think about what it would be like if I could get one..

Guest The Notorious CRD

I made the switch to Road Runner a few months back and I have loved it ever since. They'll pry my cable modem out of my cold dead hands.

Guest Mole

Well my pops still has to agree to it, he does pay the bills. He will, just when all this transition with my mom's stuff is done with.

Guest TheGame2705

BYOA is $14.95. I have that because my internet was working funky before. I'm switching to the $4.95 plan to keep my e-mail addy. AOL E-mail is the best perk as it's really easy.

Guest Mole

Yes Game, that is one thing AOL really knows what they are doing. Their e-mail service is the best I have seen. It isn't at a website, so it doesn't take 50 years for something to get deleted and load.

Other than that, it blows.

Guest Ravenbomb

<<<Has Charter Pipeline and no problems, except when the connection is down, but that can happen with any kind of modem