TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Red Hot Thumbtack In The Eye

"rolling" and other move combos in matches

Guest Red Hot Thumbtack In The Eye

I had a thought this evening about the match between RVD and Lance Storm. And I started to think that, while the work done on RVD's leg was nice, and the way he was super selling it was cool, I start to think about how great it would be to see someone use a move like a "rolling" dragon screw leg whips(say 3 leg whips done in quick succession) could really help make it look like he is really trying to hurt the other guy.

Or conversely, doubling up, or tripling up and a move like a power bomb or other power move by a big man(on someone smaller most likely) could really help the psychology of a match because it would seriously look like he's out to really kill the guy. I know that it is hard to do multiple power moves in short order like that but it could really work to make a short match more impressive I'm sure.

I mean even when Jericho did the multiple power bomb thing(i hope I'm remembering it right), when he really hit it well it was a fairly impressive sight that adds to the move.

I don't know I just figure it would be a nice thing to see someone do rolling-style moves to aid the story telling of a match and the impact of moves that can sometimes be under-sold normally. 3 Dragon Screw Leg Whips would look a lot more hurtful and such.

Guest Laizen

I always thought it would be cool for someone to hit a DDT, keep the headlock on and pick the guy up, and float over him into a reverse ddt

Guest Just call me Dan

That would definetly be a good idea, but it would really need to be just done in the middle of a match by two guys who can work well with eachother.  If the WWF pushed for a more psychology based workrate from everyone, it would get VERY repetitive and everyone would steal from eachother.

Guest WWF4Life

I'd love to see Rolling Dragon suplexes, but no one in the WWF would take that. It'd be pretty cool if Benoit busted that out on a regular basis.