TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest PhillyDogg

2002= Worst WWE/WWF Year Ever?

Guest bob_barron
93 Summerslam was absolutely horrendous, with a disappointing HBK/Perfect match, and the best match on the card being Tatanka/Smoking Gunns vs. Bigelow/Headshrinkers. Fun match, I swear to god.

Summerslam 93 kicks ass. Steiners v. Bodies is very good and the stuff with King and Bret Hart is AWESOME. Luger v. Yoko isn't that bad either.

Guest ManKinnd

99 was FUN, though. Rock/Foley and Rock/Austin was really enjoyable stuff, with a crappy but inoffensive undercard throughout. Or maybe I was just a mark.

But there is no way WMXV was the worst. There was a really fun Shane/XPac match and of course the superhot Rock/Austin. WMIX had NOTHING, unless you want to count the okayish Tatanka/HBK match.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

Shane/X-Pac was okay, but Rock/Austin was horribly overbooked. I could care less what the crowd thinks. If it sucked, it sucked.

I also have three negative star matches on the card (HIAC, Women's Title, Brawl For All), and the rest are DUDs. It was a terrible show.

Wrestlemania IX was horrible, but except for the end and Taker/Gonzales it was watchable which is more than I can say for XV.

Guest Choken One

XV also loses it luster...IX has the spectactle of an Outdoor event that still holds up today.

Guest Trivia247

If the year had absolutely no redeaming events at all then yes it was a Shitty year....

but we got some stellar matches..almost weekly **** to ***** matches from the tandum of the Guerreros Edge, Rey and Benoit & Angle.

You could call the year a Rebuilding year like a Football team's excuse for not getting in the playoffs.

Guest Kahran Ramsus
XV also loses it luster...IX has the spectactle of an Outdoor event that still holds up today.

And a better announcing team that doesn't give away the ending to the main event.

Guest razazteca
You could call the year a Rebuilding year like a Football team's excuse for not getting in the playoffs

lets hope WWE does not get trapped in the rebuilding stage like the NFL Bengals or Cardinals.

Guest Trivia247
WWE - Warrior = :stupid:

Therefore, 2002, :stupid:

WCW + Warrior in 98 = No Longer in business

Nuff said

heheheheh j/k

Guest Trivia247

hell don't be sad man, One of my favorites is Haku, we all got our weird favorites.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Summerslam 93 kicks ass. Steiners v. Bodies is very good and the stuff with King and Bret Hart is AWESOME. Luger v. Yoko isn't that bad either.

Man, we must've been watching different shows. Steiners/Bodies was okayish, Luger/Yoko was bordering on negative stars, IMO, and I HATED the Bret/Lawler feud with a passion. He was being completely and utterly wasted in that role, when he could've been having better matches with just as much heat with guys like Shawn and Hennig. Hell, even Bigelow.

Wasn't the Doinks vs. Bigelow and Co. match on 93 Survivor Series? I vaguely remember it being 94 for some reason, but something's telling me that's not right. Either way, it's one of my most hated matches ever.

And regarding WCW in 93, the fact that Vader was on the ball didn't counteract the rest of the absolute garbage they were putting out, just like a couple good Shawn matches and Bret matches didn't cancel out WWF's horrendous 93 run. I think Bret and Foley draw a lot of parallels that year, in terms of being totally wasted in their roles.

94 was a different story altogether, though. I don't get why people were hating on this year, considering it had an awesome run with Bret on top, his feud with Owen that lasted all year, stayed in the spotlight, and never failed to kick ass, not to mention the Shawn/Razor feud. Sure there was Undertaker vs. Undertaker, but that sort of thing is easy to skip.

Then Diesel came in...

Guest Midnight Express83

2002 was a bad year, but there have been worst years.

1993 through 1996 were bad, and 1999 was bad.

1994 was awful. Aside from 2 ***** matches at WM X and Bret vs Owen in the cage. What else GOOD came out of that year? Taker vs Taker? Rumble 94? Steroid trail? HBK and Deisel squashing every non kliq member, flushing down the career of Backlund(the most over heel champion in North America) to launch the New Generation?

Guest redneckBEBE

What WWE needs is Lex Luger. I love his terrible promos and his terrible matches.

Guest bob_barron
2002 was a bad year, but there have been worst years.

1993 through 1996 were bad, and 1999 was bad.

1994 was awful. Aside from 2 ***** matches at WM X and Bret vs Owen in the cage. What else GOOD came out of that year? Taker vs Taker? Rumble 94? Steroid trail? HBK and Deisel squashing every non kliq member, flushing down the career of Backlund(the most over heel champion in North America) to launch the New Generation?

Every Pay Per View had great wrestling- including RR94 which has a terrific tag between the Quebecers and Hart Brothers.

1994 produced three ***** matches IMO- that sounds like a good year to me.

HBK and Diesel did not really squash every non Kliq member. They pretty much feuded with Ramon for the most part.

Royal Rumble 94 is a good show but I think the great matches of 94 mean it can't be a bad year.

What was so bad about 96 as well? There was also a lot of good-great wrestling that year and Stone Cold started to evolve into a major player

Guest redneckBEBE

1993 - Bad.

1994 - Bad, except for Bret.

1995 - Ditto.

1996 - Great.

1997 - Great.

1998 - Great.

1999 - Blah...Russo-mania.

2000 - Fantastic.

2001 - Awesome.

2002 - Puke.