Jump to content

Chris Jericho: Finally fullfill his destiny...


Recommended Posts

Guest AndrewTS
Posted
But let's assume Jericho means "Fulfill my destiny BY BECOMING the World Champion at Wrestlemania," which is probably what he meant. This is ok for him to say, because he has never won a World/Undisputed/Top Level belt at WM. He's only defended one there, and lost.

 

He said he wanted to win the title at No Way Out and then go on to WM--which is moot now since he lost to Steiner.

Guest Rob Edwards
Posted

HHH's belt doesn't hold the lineage of the WCW belt, I know we've pretty much established that but the fact is HHH never beat Brock nor was Brock stripped of his title

Posted

Hasn't Ross hyped up the history of the World Title and didn't confidential hype it up on an episode right after HHH "won" it?

Guest AndrewTS
Posted

Yeah, Yu--er, Sakura--I think so, completely forgetting that it's only PHYSICALLY the same belt.

 

Damn--Yuna and Sakura having the same avatar is a bit confusing. ;)

Posted

We don't have the same avatar, though they're both from FF X-2 and we both have Yuna from FF X-2 in our sigs.

Posted
Would you care to explain that? The WORLD TITLE was around as the second half of the Undisputed title. They then took both of those titles, got rid of them, and made one title for HHH called the Undisputed Title. After that, they then basicly split it back up into the two titles, WWE and WCW (World), for the roster split.

 

You are making no sense at all, it's obviously the same title that was the WCW title, with the same lineage. Hell, it's the EXACT same belt that was used way back from 1986, the same on the nWo spraypainted, etc...

Look...we realize that the World title was used when Jericho had the Undisputed title. But, that only counted as one title. One title, two belts.

 

 

Besides, Jericho specifically said "fulfill my destiny of becoming the World Champion at Wrestlemania"

 

 

 

 

I don't see what the big problem is here, Down...

Guest treble charged
Posted

You never know, maybe it's Jericho's destiny to headline two WrestleManias. He is the King of the World, after all.

Guest treble charged
Posted

Just as an aside, I was watching Bash at the Beach 2000 tonight, and during the Jarrett/Hogan 'match', Jarrett comes out with a belt that looks pretty much like the one that HHH has today.

 

However, later on, for the Jarrett/Booker match, he comes out wearing the belt that APO mentioned earlier, which, in addition to have the bend at the top, is also bigger and a different colour than HHH's belt.

 

EDIT: Hell, Tony even points out that the belt is different.

Guest Choken One
Posted

Yes that is true...I am not sure WHY there was a bend...maybe that was during The Giant's reign that it got bent or maybe Nash's Conditionor was too powerful.

Guest bob_barron
Posted

Yea- I noticed that too TC.

 

So Downhome- do you admit we were right?

Guest Choken One
Posted

Doesn't Hogan still have that other belt? MMMM....

Guest The Tino Standard
Posted

Hogan still has the belt he walked out of BATB with.

 

The original "Big Gold Belt" was used again at that PPV because they needed a title belt after they whisked Hogan away with the original replacement (if that makes any sense).

 

They used the original Big Gold Belt for the Booker-Jarrett match at that PPV then some time after that, got ANOTHER replacement because the original one WAS damaged.

 

They don't repair belts. They get new ones.

 

So yes, HHH's belt is the same design that was used for the NWA title, then WCW title, then the WWF's 'World Title', (and yes, the belt HHH has is probably the same one he had as Undisputed Champ back in April), but at the end of the day, HHH's current 'World Heavyweight Championship' has no lineage previous to Sept. 2, 2002.

Guest Choken One
Posted

You still didn't answer my question...HOW DID THE BELT GET BENT!

Guest treble charged
Posted

I dunno, just blame HHH for it. That usually seems to work.

Guest bob_barron
Posted

I blame Hulk Hogan- he probably strummed the belt too hard while playing the air guitar

Guest Downhome
Posted

1) I know for a FACT that the belt HHH has right now, is the exact same one that was used back in 1986 and on. There have been times where they have used a copy, while the other was being repaired, but that is all. I am not saying the plating is the exact same, it's been replated many times. The BELT however, is the very same one, this is fact. Even Dave Meltzer has pointed this out himself

 

2) As for the WCW/World Title, I still say it is one in the same. Even WWE themselves have said on Confidential in the past month or two that the belt HHH holds is the very one that has the WCW history to it. Believe what you want, I don't care, but I still stand behind that, even WWE promotes this.

Guest bob_barron
Posted
1) I know for a FACT that the belt HHH has right now, is the exact same one that was used back in 1986 and on. There have been times where they have used a copy, while the other was being repaired, but that is all. I am not saying the plating is the exact same, it's been replated many times. The BELT however, is the very same one, this is fact. Even Dave Meltzer has pointed this out himself

 

2) As for the WCW/World Title, I still say it is one in the same. Even WWE themselves have said on Confidential in the past month or two that the belt HHH holds is the very one that has the WCW history to it. Believe what you want, I don't care, but I still stand behind that, even WWE promotes this.

2) The funny thing is that- you're wrong.

 

Cause if WWE says it- IT HAS TO BE TRUE.

 

It may be the same belt-

 

BUT IT IS NOT THE SAME LINEAGE.

 

The lineage of the WCW Title is currently in the WWE Title which is held by Angle.

 

Believe what you want, I don't care, but I still stand behind that

 

You are wrong- it maybe the same belt which I don't think so but the World Title's lineage began on September 2nd.

Guest Downhome
Posted

There is no right or wrong answer for it actually. It's whatever you want to believe, as a stance can be made for both sides. There is what WWE says, there is what the records books say/will say, and then there is everything else.

Guest treble charged
Posted

Going by WWE's logic, if someone who runs a backyard fed went out and bought a replica on the belt and used as that 'company''s title, then it would posses the lineage of the WCW title, which obviously it does not.

 

HHH's title's lineage is as follows:

 

HHH

HBK

HHH

Guest bob_barron
Posted

Did my post of the lineage of the WCW Title not make it clear that there is a right answer??

 

I'm calling the LAW tomorrow and asking them but it maybe the same belt but the lineage is completely different.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...