TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lethargic

Xbox platinum games

Guest Lethargic

I got this discount coupon to use on any Xbox "platinum" series game. I've never heard of this platinum crap. Is this supposed to be like PS2's greatest hits? Older games that are now cheap? If so, is there anywhere that I can find a list of what these platinum games are?

Guest I'm That Damn Zzzzz

http://www.intoliquidsky.net/site/articles...x_platinum.html

Without much in the way of announcement or promotion, Microsoft has started its own Greatest Hits line for the Xbox. For those not familiar with the concept, the Platinum Hits line makes available games that have had successful sales on the Xbox at a reduced price. There have been no details as to what sales goals or how long a title has to be available for a game to be able to be sold as a Platinum Hit.

First up is Project Gotham Racing, which will retail for $19.99 manufacturers suggested retail price, and Max Payne, which will sell for a little more at $29.99. Without any official announcements from Microsoft, there is no knowing what other titles may be featured on this line, but it isn't unrealistic to think that both Halo and Dead or Alive 3 will see a platinum border some time down the line.

The two Platinum Hits titles are already available in a few online retailers and should start showing up in the stores in a matter of a few weeks. You may still be able to find both titles for the reduced price in their original packaging until the new versions have reached the stores.

The choices seem pretty thin right now.

Guest Lethargic

Well, that's nice, since this discount runs out on the 17th and it's only for 19.99 and under games. So my only choice is that stupid car game. Wow.

Guest redbaron51

PGR...Tough racing game...

well tough isn't the word...tedious is more like it but better than GT 3