TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest BoboBrazil

From The Inside 2/7

Guest BoboBrazil

NEWS ON SURPRISE THIS WEEK, MORE ON KONNAN, KASH, JARRETT POST-SHOW BEATING, BARRY BUCHANON

FROM THE INSIDE with JEREMY BORASH

Another interesting night at the TNA Asylum this week, with a very painful ending for NWA World Champion Jeff Jarrett. After the cameras went off the air, the S.E.X. gang whipped Jarrett like a dog, with his back looking like a giant topographical map of Russia. Still photos of the beating will be shown this weekend on Xplosion, with some post show backstage footage as well.

A few bumps and bruises backstage, but no other injuries to speak of. However, anyone standing withing a ten foot radius of the announce table did not come away unscathed, with the New Church / Triple X tag match being one of the few times I have actually feared for my life.

Konnan's sit down interview with Mike Tenay was a very compelling piece, and gives us a much better indication of his motives. I think the interview hit a nerve with people, and with good reason. The Latino audience has grown so much in the last few years, and it is reflective anywhere you look. The number one radio station in LA is Spanish. In fact, there are two very popular Spanish FM stations here in Nashville alone, both doing very good numbers. Has the Latino wrestler been given the shaft in America? According to Konnan, absolutely. Was the Lucha style stolen and renamed the X-Division? Not on the surface, but there are arguments that could go either way.

For many fans, the WCW Lucha invasion was a first taste of the high-risk, daredevil style. It was certainly innovative. As elements of that style found their way into the offense of traditional American wrestlers, it started to lose a bit of its own unique identity. With the popularity of the high impact Japanese style, innovative moves started showing up just the same. So does Konnan have a valid point? Certainly, but as Mike Tenay said it is no longer 1996, and the bar has been raised. The style has evolved into a hybrid of several styles. The question is, what is Konnan ready to do about it? Is he planning to take care of this himself, or could this be the start of a TNA Lucha Libre invasion led by one wrestling's biggest Latino stars? Guess we will have to wait and see!

Sonny Siaki will defend the X-Division title against Kid Kash this Wednesday night. Kash has been on a roll as of late. Should be interesting to see if the trend continues.

The Jeff Jarrett vs. AJ Styles NWA World Title Match has been agreed upon, but we just don't know when it is going to happen. With the recent events that unfolded on television, neither man is 100%.

AJ Styles has certainly taken the ball and run with it, as far as the NWA World Title picture is concerned.

Want to see Nathan Jones take on NWA World Champion Jeff Jarrett? Check out the WWA's Retribution this weekend. Myself, along with Glen Gilbertti do the play-by-play from Glasgow, Scotland. The show airs this Sunday night on PPV.

NWA officials have promised a surprise for this Wednesday night. I've heard rumblings and this one could be interesting.

One of my favorite moments from last Wednesday night was The American Dream's speech to the "NWA MVP's." Dream addressed Truth, Lynn, AMW, and Amazing Red, doing a great job of putting them over as the glue of the NWA. Dream has been a great addition to NWA TNA, and is still one of the best promo guys in the business today.

Paul London is being considered as a future X-Division add.

TNA will likely have a contingent at next weekend's Daytona 500.

TNA is getting a lot of positive feedback from all over Asia with our Star Television deal. Apparently the program is getting an enormous amount of exposure in many countries.

TNA once again showed a tremendous increase with DirecTV buys, with our best showing last week since August. While we do receive projections from all systems, DirecTV is usually the first to show results.

Barry Buchanon was backstage at the show Wednesday night.

Jay Wilson from the John Boy and Billy Show was in attendance last Wednesday night as well. Don West joins "The Big Show with John Boy and Billy" every Wednesday morning to discuss the latest TNA happenings.

A few S.E.X. websites are starting to pop up. I just went and checked out www.nwasex.com.

Alot of people email me about our TNA girls. Did you know one of our blond beauties is on the U.S. Figure Skating Team? Check out her site at www.mollyquigley.com. Molly is a great gal and does a great job for TNA.

Even TNA referee Rudy Charles has his own website. Yes, at www.rudytheref.com you can go and vote for whether of not Rudy should keep his sideburns. After hearing this, I went to the site to vote myself. I cast my vote, only to find out "I have already voted" in the poll. Knowing this couldn't possibly be true, my investigating uncovered that Rudy had gone around to every office computer he could find, and voted yes, for he loves his sideburns. You can now see why we physically abuse him on a frequent basis.

That is all for this week! We will see you back at the Asylum this Wednesday night!

Jeremy Borash

NWATNA.com

Guest OSIcon

It's about time they took a look at London.

He can do all the highspots needed to get over in the X-Division, plus has an actual grasp at putting a match together which is more then you can say for most X-Division wrestlers.

Guest Raven_Effect01

What the hell? No addressing on their lackluster show this past Wednesday? Gah, this is getting as bad as the Ross Report was.

Yeah, I wish they would have been hoenst about how lame Wedesday's show was. But at least they didn't say it was great like that live reporter Phillip McConnell does EVERY SINGLE WEEK.

Guest Raven_Effect01
yea, i was hoping they said the show sucked too. like "some fans didn't like our show" or something

Do you think that they refused to listen to our feedback ala WWE?

Guest bob_barron
TNA once again showed a tremendous increase with DirecTV buys

Here's an idea Borash-

Instead of just saying your buyrates are increasing- give us an actual number or something. It bothers the hell out of me when they keep saying their buyrates are increasing but they don't go into specifics