TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zack Malibu

This week's surprise

Guest Zack Malibu

Rumors are floating around that The Franchise, Shane Douglas, will be a surprise brought in by Vince Russo tomorrow night. Douglas does have NWA history, as he threw down the NWA Title in order to break ECW away from them back in '94. He'd be a perfect fit for Russo's group (he was also with Russo in WCW's New Blood angle).

I'd love it if he showed up. Douglas, Raven, Styles and Jarrett all gunning for the World Title could be a sweet storyline. If Douglas is with Russo, bringing up he and Raven's past and setting them up as enemies who are on a common side could be a great story for them to play out as well.

Anyone heard this? Any confirmation?

Guest BoboBrazil

Shane Douglas is a bloated roided up piece of crap now. He was absolutely horrible at the end in WCW. The last thing TNA needs is him. Plus, he is booking for XPW now.

Guest Zack Malibu

He may be in XPW, but they have somewhat of an arrangement with NWA, as Jerry Lynn and Sonny Siaki have appeared as of late.

I know I'd mark if he showed up though. Say what you want, and sure he may not be Benoit, but the guy is gold on the mic when he's "on", and it would add some depth to the main event.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I've been trying to think of some positives for this thread but my head hurts.

If he came in he could be added to the list of Styles and Raven and Lynn and Truth for guys who whould be getting title shots but instead do nothing.

Guest Sandman9000

Douglas is useless. He can't get it done in the ring, his promos are the same crap he's been spewing for years, and has even less credibility today. I give him thirty bucks and he'll "shoot" on anyone I want him too.

TNA shouldn't waste their time on him, which means they will AND give him a live mic for 20 minutes as well.

Guest Space_Cowboy

Meh, i really don't care for Shane Douglas at all, maybe they should bring in people who aren't over the hill for a change. But with Russo around i expect he'll be on the next show, "shooting" on whoever for 20 minutes, accomplishing nothing except for wasting PPV time as Douglas rants on about crap nobody cares about anymore.