TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dmann2000

Bad Company

Guest Dmann2000

Okay I saw Bad Company brought up in the Foreigner thread (not necessarily a positive quote), and I have to say, I love this band. I love most rock from the 70's. And I love the earlier incarnation Free which gave us one of the best rock songs period, "All Right Now." Do not argue with me on that one.

Bad Company

Feel Like Making Love

Shooting Star

Rock n Roll Fantasy

Guest WrestlingDeacon

I would have to argue that Free really wasn't an earlier version of Bad Company as Bad Company was more of a super group where you had guys from semi-successful groups including King Crimson and Mott the Hoople also joining up. All Right Now is a great song though.

I find most of the stuff you named to be the cliched Bad Company songs and are the ones beaten to death in classic rock air play. My favorite at this time is probably Silver, Blue and Gold followed by Rock 'n Roll Fantasy of the well known stuff. Of the off the beaten path stuff, I like Whiskey Bottle, Rock Steady and Deal with the Preacher.

I believe a comment I made in the Foreigner thread was how Bad Company was a rip-off of Led Zepplin. Maybe being a derivitave of is closer to it. Bad Company was the first act signed to Zepplin's own label and there was a very conscious effort by all involved, including the members of Bad Company, to produce a sound compatible with Zepplin's. I think there was an effort to be a much like Zepplin as possible to start with and then slowly grow into their own thing after a fanbase and the label was established.

Guest JangoFett4Hire

Silver Blue and Gold is a GREAT song

I like Shooting Star too. Who covered that on the Clerks sdtrk?

Guest DrTom

I've always dug Bad Company, at least with Paul Rodgers. It just wasn't the same after he left.