TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yuna_Firerose

More News on FFX-2

Square recently announced a number of new details for their upcoming Final Fantasy X sequel. Final Fantasy X-2. The game is set for a March 2003 release in Japan. The first new piece of information covers a new character, Nuji. A fighter and leader of the Young Allies, an organization rivaling the New Yevon Order in power.

Before that, he fought within the Suppression Corps, where earned the nickname "Die-hard." Known as a reckless man, he is known to say things like "It's my life; I'll do as I want to."

Square also hinted at the possibility of a Dark Bahamut, located under Bevelle Shrine. This creature would be similar to the Dark Aeons found in the Japanese and European versions of FFX International.

Chocobos can now board airships, and players will have the ability to breed Chocobos like in Final Fantasy VII. Screenshots revealed options for breeding that included Feed, Buy food, Breed, Info, Recover, Restock Food, Exchange, Release, and Discover.

FFX-2 is also inspiring a unique peripheral, dual guns named the "Tiny Bee" in honor of Yuna's weapons. The guns are not Guncon 2 compatible and do not make FFX-2 into a light gun game, but they do have buttons matching the functions on a Dual Shock 2. They will retail for 12,800 yen. The company behind the guns, Hori, is also releasing PS2 memory cards for each of the main female characters. The cards are purple, yellow, and grey, and will cost 3,200 yen each. If that wasn't enough, a special FFX-2 vertical stand for the PS2 is also being made.

FFX-2 varies many of these abilities by what your character decides to wear. Ability Points earned in battles will power these up, and the game's menus will show a completion percentage next to each individual's dresses and jobs. You can even earn abilities during battle. Unlike many games, the main characters will change in appearance based on their job, at least in battle.

Here is sample of the abilities that each class learns:

Gunner:

- Fight: Basic starting ability.

- Power Shot: Hits an enemy every time.

- Magic Shot

- Burst Shot

- Hard Shot

- Reverse Shot

- Blind Guard: Guards against the Blind ailment

- Gunplay

- Quick Trigger: Mastered in advance, allows you to attack the number of times you press the R1 button within a limited time, creating chain combos. It can be raised to Level 2 variety.

Gambler:

- Double Dice: The character rolls two dice and deals the the sum in damage. If the same two numbers are rolled again, the player deals double damage.

Dark Knight:

- Darkness: Leeches HP from a character but deals it in damage to target.

- Demonic Craft

- Take Down

White Mage:

- Cure: Unlike FFX, cure can now be cast on your entire party or a single member.

- Pray

Thief:

- Steal Will Power: Makes the target enemy lose the will/courage to fight and forces them to flee the battle.

Black Mage:

- Black Magic

- Concentrate

Warrior:

- Gravity Sword: A regular strike bound with the element of Gravity.

- Flame Tan: The same as Gravity Sword, Flame Tan retains the power of fire.

- Armor Break: Lowers the target opponent's defense.

Credit: http://www.ffinsider.net/

Chocobo breeding? Sounds interesting. I never got that far in FF7, so....what's it like?

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Man... Chocobo-breeding was really gay in FF7. I kept breeding the Chocobos needed to get the type that could take me to Knights of the Round and all I got was regular ones.

What a friggin' joke.

On a sidenote: Armor Break makes the cut, I guess you can color me shocked. I'd have thought that they'd eliminate everything that dealt with Auron from the last game, but then it's just a minor thing, so eh...

Guest JHawk

So wait. You need the Chocobo breeding to get Knights of the Round in FF7? Fuck!

So if I want it, I have to waste like 12 fucking hours breeding chocobos?

I'll pass.

Yes, chocobo breeding was that stupid.

On a sidenote: Armor Break makes the cut, I guess you can color me shocked. I'd have thought that they'd eliminate everything that dealt with Auron from the last game, but then it's just a minor thing, so eh...

Hasn't there always been some character with "Breaks" as his main attack? Auron, obvioulsy, did it in FFX; that Knight in FF9 did it, and if I remember correctly, Irvine used breaks in FF8.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Chocobo breeding was quite ghey. The only purpose was to get the Knights of the Round materia, and maybe to smoke your opponents at the gold saucer in the races, if that's yer thing.

Guest Sakura

You don't NEED to breed Chocobos to get KOTR.

You earn a Gold Chocobo when you beat Ruby Weapon so you could beat him then use the Chocobo to get KOTR without ever stepping a foot inside the Chocobo ranch.

You could also sort of have KOTR by getting the Master Summon Materia when you beat Emerald Weapon.

The problem is that beating both those guys without KOTR is extremely hard.

And it doesn't take THAT long to breed a gold Chocobo. 6 hours tops. It is crazy boring though.

Well, hopefully, Chocobo Breeding will be better in FFX-2.

From ffx2.com:

On a different note, there have been rumors of a November 4th, 2003 release date over in North America, mostly derived from a recent article posted by Gamers.com. However, it's too early to clarify its true accuracy.

Oh, and go to http://www.ffx2.com/news/021203.php to download a Japanese FFX-2 commercial

OK I gotta say it. Where's Hall and Nash for the NEWnewnewnew Yevon Order? NYO for life babee!

OK bad jokes aside I haven't heard too many complimentary things about chocobo breeding in the past, let's hope they "adjusted" it a little. Other than random musings all I can say is, "How many of those extra things do you actually think will make it over the Pacific for us? Yeah, me neither."

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

Screw Seymour. Why is it a requirement that the bad guy in Final Fantasy's must either be extremely gay or a hulking badass?

I mean Kuja......Seymour were flamers.

Sephiroth, Seifer, and X-Death were badasses.

And Kefka was.........well I don't know what the hell he was!

Why can't there ever be one who just wants to be loved!?

Guest Star Ocean 3

Seymour isn't even the main villain in FFX, he's more like Seifer, a secondary bad guy. Sin's the main focus, but I guess you can consider that a hulking badass.

Ultros is still the best villain.

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

Well he's one of the main antagonist throughout the game. Every FF seems to have a main male antagonist....even if he isn't the final boss.