TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rawknight

PROMO: The end is the beginning?

A cold crisp Canadian morning. Chris Card walks briskly through the streets of Toronto, driven and purposeful, scowling broadly and taking long swift strides. Occasionally Card winces with the pain from his back, following the beating he took at the hand of Sean Atlas, but that doesn’t slow him down. Struggling along behind is Natasha, even with her superior cardiovascular conditioning she can’t keep pace with the determined and grimacing Card. Natasha speaks, half gasping, half with her usual nails down glass nasal New Jersey accent.

Natasha: Chris. Slow Down. Pleeeeeease.

Chris Card: Slow down. I’m off to train. Keep your damn ass in gear and keep up with me, damnit.

Natasha: Chriiiiiiiiiis. Pleeeeeeeeeeeease.

Chris Card: Oh, I’m so sorry. I thought with all that extra cardio excersise would able you to keep up with me.

Natasha: What?

Card stops and allows Natasha to catch up. Card grabs he and looks harshly into her face, and Natasha avoids Card’s steely gaze.

Chris Card: You don’t understand?

Natasha: No.

Chris Card: Don’t think I’m blind to what you’ve been up to. Whoring your way around the federation like some sleazy-ass saloon bar slut.

Natasha raises an eyebrow and her voice.

Natasha: Since when has my sex life been YOUR business? I’ve seen you turn up to training late day after day after waking up with some slutty fucking blonde in your bed. Don’t you bitch out ME for having a little fun.

Chris Card: yeah but I always made it up in training. I always put the hours in. I’m a true professional, I work hard.

Natasha: And you’re saying I’m not?

Chris Card: I’m saying that since you started fucking Crow you’ve taking your eye WELL off the ball. And now you’re with Dace?

Natasha: I’m NOT with Dace. That’s all rumours and lies, damnit!

Chris Card: I don’t give a fuck either way. You’re failing in your task as a manager. You’re getting yourself over at my expense. You’re getting yourself laid at my expense. You’re no longer an asset. You’re becoming a liability.

Natasha: Oh is that so Mr Technical Perfection?

Natasha puts her hands on her hips and stands defiant.

Natasha: Because I’ve been bailing your ass out of trouble for two damn years now.

Chris Card: Yeah you used to be useful. Used to be. Before you started putting yourself first.

Natasha: And what’s so long with that?

Chris Card: You’re supposed to be my second. You’re supposed to helpme, not help your own damn sex life by fucking every skanky goth loser in the federation. Every time you see Crow, Dace, hell why not even preachy ass Atlas or Aecas, you’re creaming your god damn pants and you’re not concentrating on what really matters. What really matters is ME. If you weren’t such a distraction I wouldn’t be a FORMER champion. If you had the guts to do anything above getting in my god damn way I wouldn’t have lost to Dace and I could be WORLD champion.

Natasha: You think you can survive without me?

Chris Card: I can survive without you. I can survive without this whole federation. Think I’m gonna hang around to watch you make me SICK with that damn freak Crow? You know what, I’m going back to training, to working my own damn schedule and to training the next generation of Chris Cards.

Natasha: You’re leaving the SJL?

Chris Card: Yeah. And though I might come back some day, I just don’t need any of this shit right now.

Natasha: And how does this affect me, all this headfuck problems YOU have?

Chris Card: How does this affect you? In one way only. You’re free to hang around with Crow. You’re free to MANAGE Crow. You’re free to do whatever the hell you like. Why? YOU’RE FIIIIIIIIIIRRRRED

Card storms off into the distance, leaving a shocked looking Natasha standing in the cold air, her breath freezing on the wind.

Natasha: Bastard.

Guest realitycheck

Oo, not bad, not bad at all.

Nice little send-off promo for Card, so you can introduce your new character. I understand your reasoning for wanting to dump Chris (Face/Heel ratio and whatnot), but it's kind of dissapointing. He was a character with so much potential. Regardless, I can't wait to see what you can do with yer new guy.

That all said, I think the promo itself was a little dry. Your promoing skills could no-doubt use some polish, but that ought to come in time.

-Z

Guest Crowe
Every time you see Crow, Dace, hell why not even preachy ass Atlas or Aecas, you’re creaming your god damn pants

:D

I'm glad I have such an effect on imaginary women.

Sign in to follow this