TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Powerplay

Did you have any other characters thought up?

Guest Powerplay

Only asking this at a quick study break, because I know I did. *Points to name* Yes, I was going to do a hockey themed thing, with my guy being a yooper reject (For those of you who DON'T live in Michigan, a 'Yooper' is someone from the Upper Peninsula). I had an awesome finisher name (The Domi-Nator. (Y)!!!) and a few other things, and he came out to the "Hockey Night in Canada" Theme.

My original concept for Judge Mental was far different from what I have now. Before, he was something like 7'0", but Thor (Yes, THOR) convinced me to go smaller and for a technical wrestler.

So, did you have different concepts originally for your wrestlers, or did you have a totally different wrestler in mind when you thought about joining?

Guest Kibagami

Silent ended up being a LOT more than I thought he would. I had a generic Raven clone in mind at first...

...I've toyed with a lot of different character ideas, and I've even rewritten a couple of characters back in my JL days (like Malice and Fury's heel character), but nothing really worth mentioning comes to mind other than those.

K.

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins

I first joined the JL as a gay hair stylists....

I forget the name, but he = ruled.

Guest 5_moves_of_doom
and he came out to the "Hockey Night in Canada" Theme.

AHAHAHA, I have that song on my computer.

Anyhow... no. I read Stubby's "Join the SWF!" advertising post up on the WWF boards about a month or so after I joined the boards. I then read Crusen's little "How To Join" post in the JL... happened to be listening to "TNT" by AC/DC at that moment... so I wrote up stats for a character based entire on the song within about 20 minutes, sent 'em in, and then massacred Tod deKindes in my debut... and a second time in my third match. And I've gone with basically the exact same character since then, save adding a baseball bat to my arsenal of weapons, turning heel, and doing whatever the hell I'm doing now.

Guest Thoth

I originally imagined Thoth to be an android, who would realize his existence, and then die. Then I was gonna use his creator as my character.

This was in the ML, BTW.

Guest Longdogger_Pete

I think we've covered this stuff before, but I don't mind sharing.

When I first saw an article on the IGNWF at the old IGN Wrestling site, I did have Longdogger Pete in mind right from the beginning. He was a joke character I had created for SD1 and SD2, but he was also the one I won the most with in those games. As I've explained before, LDP is named after a beachside restaurant Sarah and I occasionally visit called Longdogger's.

...although I almost decided a more serious character would be in order, and contemplated an even bigger hoss called The Tower. But he was too much like Test - no personality.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Wait, Spike...really? That was back in the IGN days, wasn't it?

In case you're joking, I'm pretty sure we actually did have a gay hairstylist type character for about a week....

Wait, Spike...really? That was back in the IGN days, wasn't it?

In case you're joking, I'm pretty sure we actually did have a gay hairstylist type character for about a week....

*cough*

Guest WrestlingDeacon

I had a guy in mind called the "Silver Eagle" Jack Bullett. He was a 45 year old face on par with Ricky Steamboat if he was still active today. Basically, middle aged crazy trying to prove he still can. A walking legend with a lot of history and backstory. His finisher was a double arm DDT named the Silver Bullett.

Another guy I came up with was the Deacon Lucious Fortune. He's a cross between a riverboat gambler and a southern baptist minister. All of his moves would be done tilt-a-whirl style with "wheel of fortune" before it. His finisher would be a senton called the "Outrageous Fortune" and he would do a falcon arrow called "the Slings and Arrows."

I'm pretty happy with Frost at this time, but either one still might see the light of day. Hell, I might do up a stats sheet for both on a lark in a couple days if I have time. And, of course, there's always the Memphis Eel.

Guest Tod deKindes

I've had the name, looks and origin of Tod deKindes in the works since about '99; but once in the JL and WF that's where I worked on the character himself.

Please don't ask me about my past days in the other e-fed I was in.

As another character.

Guest Powerplay
I had a guy in mind called the "Silver Eagle" Jack Bullett. He was a 45 year old face on par with Ricky Steamboat if he was still active today. Basically, middle aged crazy trying to prove he still can. A walking legend with a lot of history and backstory. His finisher was a double arm DDT named the Silver Bullett.

Frost... you HAVE TO DO THIS GIMMICK SOME DAY. Seriously, that's just something that gives me a big smile.

Guest TheBostonStrangler

Nope. This is the only fed I was ever in. I always created The Boston Strangler for video games, and I just went with it.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

I never actually fully created anyone other than Edwin, though my original idea for a character was significantly different.

Before I decided I'd have more fun being a wacky, eccentric face, I was going to use a sick, craven heel whose preferred finisher was a brainbuster from the apron to the floor, followed by a count-out win.

There was also a time when I was getting slightly bored with Edwin--the first time I left for 2 months or so, right when I was starting college--and I was thinking of having him return riding a donkey, tripping on copious amounts of acid, and essentially doing the Don Quixote thing on his way to superstardom. I still think Raynor would have made a great Sancho Panza, but alas, it shall never be.

Spike... were you Adonis? Or whatever his name was?

No, that wasn't the guys name.

Guest TheAntipop
I first joined the JL as a gay hair stylists....

I forget the name, but he = ruled.

I believe that name was Jay Dawg.

Guest Ace309

I believe you're all familar with Finnish head-dropping sensation "The Machine" Alex Tsirinov, using the Polar Circle Driver (spider tiger suplex).

Guest Goodear

I could probably populate an entire federation with my cast offs from a forgotten era... let us see...

Tony Hydra - Before he was a ring announcer for Ejiro in the SJL, Hydra was my "Hero to Millions" who I guess everyone could equate with an evil Ned Flanders. He would be the type of guy who would walk his grandmother across the street just to push he down a manhole. That sort of thing provided a lovely tag team in America's Most Wanted (well before TNA) with Congo.

Congo - He was the gigelo of the jungle and boy... if you had a three hundred pound wife, let me tell you that Congo was trying to hit that shit. He was a bit more of a one trick pony than Hydra but had the better finisher name ... The Congone.

The Outback Attack - Made up of Boomerang Billy and William "Wallabee Willy" Krueger ... they were the prototypical tag team that just hated each others guts. Krueger hated his nickname with such a passion it was beautiful. Eventually Billy fell off a kangeroo and became a 'wizard' called Billingsworth P. Fogsnewt...

I swear I'm not on drugs.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

I think the worst gimmick I ever thought up for myself was "Punk Rockstar" Edwin MacPhisto.

Guest TheBostonStrangler

I think "Silver Bullet" Edwin MacPhisto was much worse.

Edit: Last post on all four boards!

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

"The Perfect Drug" Taylor Thompson never quite got off the ground as I had hoped...

Guest Crowe

I've never contemplated making or using another character other than Crow. I've changed him a tad every now and then, but he's still the same dude, yo.

Guest Freakish_Twist_Of_Fate

Well, I -did- have another character... Chris Fury. His 'new' stats are still in the old stats thread. I started him off basically like that, but (with the help of Silent) had him turn in probably one of THE BEST heel turns in the league.

(Looks at Silent) We should try to dig out the old promos for the kiddies. :)