TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JMA

A satire of political beliefs

Guest Tyler McClelland

I loved it, but one part bothered me:

There was only one reference to liberal cynicism :)

Guest Vern Gagne

Pretty Good. I don't think it would be a bad idea if they did have a quiz, instead of describing what a Conservative or Liberal thinks of Robin Hood.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

Of course, I think Robin was "cutting taxes," but that's just me...

Guest JMA
Pretty Good. I don't think it would be a bad idea if they did have a quiz, instead of describing what a Conservative or Liberal thinks of Robin Hood.

www.politicalcompass.org

Guest Vern Gagne

I've done that test before. It's way too long and I graded around a Thatcher Conservative.

Guest JMA
Economic Left/Right: 0.38

Authoritarian/Libertarian: -1.03

Right on the bloody line between the left and right. Maybe the test is wrong...

Or maybe it isn't.

Economic Left/Right: 0.38

Authoritarian/Libertarian: -1.03

Right on the bloody line between the left and right.  Maybe the test is wrong...

Or maybe it isn't.

That would be the alternative.

Guest JMA

Where did you think you would end up? What are some of your political beliefs?

Guest Sturgis

As a Libertarian I am pissed. Because it sets a very bad sterotype on the Libertarian Party and Libertarians in general.

Guest JMA
As a Libertarian I am pissed. Because it sets a very bad sterotype on the Libertarian Party and Libertarians in general.

Every philosophy was stereotyped. The conservatives were portrayed as bible-thumpers. The liberals were portrayed as bleeding hearts. The libertarians were portrayed as anti-goverment. The communists were portrayed as... well, communists. I actually thought the libertarians were parodied the least.

Where did you think you would end up? What are some of your political beliefs?

pro-military

small government

low taxes

no affirmative action

Guest Sturgis
I actually thought the libertarians were parodied the least.

How so? I'm a Libertarian and I'm hardly like that, sure there were some things I agreed with, but for the most part it made Libertarians look bad.

Guest JMA
How so? I'm a Libertarian and I'm hardly like that, sure there were some things I agreed with, but for the most part it made Libertarians look bad.

Every philosophy was portrayed in an extremist way. The Libertarians (although parodied) were not parodied as much as, say, Liberals and Conservatives.

Guest JMA
pro-military

Could you elaborate on this? What exactly does it mean to be pro-military? I mean, wouldn't everyone who wanted the US to have a military be pro-military? Or do you mean you support a strong military?

pro-military

Could you elaborate on this? What exactly does it mean to be pro-military? I mean, wouldn't everyone who wanted the US to have a military be pro-military? Or do you mean you support a strong military?

Strong military. Being that I grew up in a military household, I'd much rather have an administration in power that understands the importance of a strong military and can appreciate those who do risk their lives in order to keep our country free.

What I don't support is shutting down military base after military base just because we aren't at war.

*cough cough* like the Clinton administration did *cough cough*

Guest JMA
Strong military. Being that I grew up in a military household, I'd much rather have an administration in power that understands the importance of a strong military and can appreciate those who do risk their lives in order to keep our country free.

What I don't support is shutting down military base after military base just because we aren't at war.

Oh. Alright.

Guest DrTom
... for the most part it made Libertarians look bad.

At the risk of being thought uncharitable, they tend to do a good enough job of that themselves. The party itself is the main reason why I am a small-L libertarian.

Guest JMA

Speaking as the topic starter, I just wanted to provide a little political humor. Things have gotten serious and I thought we could use a break from it. Every philosophy is parodied. If you read the top you see that only the extremist views of the respective parties are parodied.