TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Spaceman Spiff

What's wrong w/ chuck & billy as tag champs?

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Is it the "Ace & Gary" factor?  Or the "Billy Gunn Sucks" factor?  Let's look at the current tag scene:

Champs: Tazz & Spike - small guys, not very credible, especially when they looked like midgets in the 3-way match on Raw.

Hardyz - probably will be back together soon.  Been there/done that.

Dudleyz - people were screaming to get the belts OFF them.

APA - no point.  Don't/Can't wrestle on a regular basis.

Albert/Scotty - would be a joke.

Chuck & Billy - why not?  Sure, Billy sucks, but is kinda tolerable in tag matches.  Both have size, and seem to be starting to get a reaction from the crowd.

I'm sure you can put together a better team w/ guys who aren't doing anything currently, but right now, this is the tag division.  Put the belts on them, and if it doesn't work, take the belts off them.

Guest Choken One

There is nothing wrong with the AGD being Tag Champions, just a bunch of Homophobic Keith sheeps who can't see anything think it's wrong and actully think Billy Gunn sucks. When it's them who sits down on the couch with Earl and Billy Bob eating Cool Ranch DOritios, yelling "Billy Gunn sucks! He's a homo! I can do better!" what a bunch of saps those people are.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

They are the best option, but they should really hold off giving them the titles until Wrestlemania.

Guest Tony149

They might as well re-name the Tag Titles "Waiting for Hall & Nash". Whoever the champs are they're just keeping them warm for the Outsiders. Who I predict will get the titles at WM X-8.

Guest Midnight Express83

I have never been a Billy Gunn fan. And I don't really care much for Chuck. Those two together suck because they are just boring. Billy and Chuck trying to be gay is just stupid. Granted Billy does it oh too well.

Chuck and Billy are going to be champs like it or not. Too bad the Outsiders will touch them very soon. Ugh.

Guest Maurizio C... Version 2

chuck and billy are just playing the part Lodi & Lenny were fired for... and that sucks!

Guest Tony149

They should of just hired Lodi & Lenny. They would of been cheap to get since they would be able to work on World wide TV. Plus, have you notice the WWF calls Gunn & Palumbo, Chuck & Billy? Almost like they said "well the other guys (Lenny & Lodi) use their first name only, let's do the same".

Guest Army Eye

Hall + Nash winning the titles at wrestlemania?  I'm not so sure.  I would expect them in a more high-profile match at wrestlemania.  Hall/Nash vs. ChuckaBilly would give new meaning to the words 'foregone conclusion'

Of course they'll take the tag titles eventually though.  And in the meantime, yes I think ChuckaBilly is the best choice to hold the titles.

Guest EI Cubano

My perfect Tag Team scenario? I would put the titles on Billy & Chuck as they at least look like they belong together as opposed to some of the other makeshift duos that the WWF is pushing. I would then let the Outsiders tag the belts off of the duo at some point (though not WM) and then have them destroy every team in the WWF to the point that no one thinks they will ever drop the titles. I would then have a big build up to the return of the only team left that could possibly defeat them. Enter Edge and Christian as faces to an enormous fan response. The promos between the four would be unbelievable.

Guest Choken One

I like that Idea and You could have Chuck and Billy take them at NWO over NCC and beat the Hardyz at WM and Outsiders can win the titles over them in a Squash on Raw three weeks later, then Beat down the Hardyz at Backlash, Slay the Duds and then E&C emerges again.

Only Problem...How you do the Reunion? Nash and Hall punk out Christian and EDGE comes to the rescue and they reunite?

Guest Tony149
Only Problem...How you do the Reunion? Nash and Hall punk out Christian and EDGE comes to the rescue and they reunite?

Yeah, they could do that then do the old "You're still my brother and I love you" line and they hug and get back together.

Guest Don Becker
There is nothing wrong with the AGD being Tag Champions, just a bunch of Homophobic Keith sheeps who can't see anything think it's wrong and actully think Billy Gunn sucks. When it's them who sits down on the couch with Earl and Billy Bob eating Cool Ranch DOritios, yelling "Billy Gunn sucks! He's a homo! I can do better!" what a bunch of saps those people are.

How about this: Billy & Chucky shouldn't be tag champs because the writing staff are clearly homophobes, and pushing a thinly-veiled gay joke to the top is just going to suck regardless?  I mean, other than acting like homosexuals, what do Gunn and Palumbo do that couldn't be accomplished by, say, Palumbo and O'Haire?

Of course, it looks like they're setting B&C up to be transitional champs to begin with, so I suppose there's no point in making them look strong, since their match with the Outsiders will probably rank up there with Palumbo & O'Haire/Kane & Undertaker as a competitive affair.

And if you're going to bring the "I'm cooler than you" attitude with you from EZboard, you're not going to make it to 2000 posts...

Guest theWCWRaider

I just can't believe the state of the tag devision.

I like Palumbo, but I liked him when his tag team partner was O'Haire.

They have some WCW guys under contract that haven't been seen, so maybe we'll get some teams put together after the split.

I really like EI Cubano's idea, for bringing back E and C.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Hey, I'd rather have Palumbo & O'Haire, too.  But we're not going to get that (at least any time remotely soon), so for the time-being, C&B are the best option.

Guest Don Becker
Speaking of Sean O'Haire, what happened to him? Was he sent to OVW or HWA?

OVW.  They said he was too green for the big time.  Granted, a better grasp of the fundamentals won't hurt him any, but I really didn't see anything about Chuck Palumbo that makes him stand out above O'Haire, or especially Sanders.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

O'Haire actually has a future.  Better that he is in OVW rather than in the big leagues being humiliated by the Outsiders.

Guest The Vanilla Midget
Hall + Nash winning the titles at wrestlemania?  I'm not so sure.  I would expect them in a more high-profile match at wrestlemania.  Hall/Nash vs. ChuckaBilly would give new meaning to the words 'foregone conclusion'

it would be less of a "forgone conclusion" than outsiders v tazz and spike.  chuck & billy will probably have the titles before mania though, and that is a good thing.  the outsiders probably will get the belts asap, but then you get the taker/kane problem, where only a one night only team will be able to beat them, and that will totally suck and leave the tag division back at square one after the outsiders have already squashed everybody.

whoever gave the idea about E+C reforming at mania, that would be awesome.  imagine the pop for those 2 reuniting in their hometown!!

Guest Big Poppa Popick

wow...go don becker

I can see the reformation of e&c as a snippity rival for the outsiders, getting pummeled but always fiesty, thats how they are

not to mention theyre great promo artists, and maybe the crowd would care a tad about the feud then

well one can hope

id have them win it at summerslam, for longer-term booking

one can dream

Guest Choken One

I'd have Chuck and Billy go over Tazz/Spike at NWO and then just use a Face team, Have The Hardyz return and take the titles at WMX8 (You need the Outsiders to beat a face team that people care about). Outsiders take the titles at Backlash, The outsiders beat Hardyz in a Rematch at Judgement Day and then Outsiders punk out Christian backstage because they're in a sour mood and Christian is taken to the hospital. Edge is shown running to his car. Then on Raw, Outsiders are in a interview and Christian pops out of the crowd and Slams Hall with a chair but Nash grabs Christian and sets up for the Jack Nife, Edge suddenly SPEARS Nash and E&C embrace and they win the titles at Fully Loaded after Nash and Hall refuse to fight them at KOTR.

Guest JAMES900

I've got nothing against bill/chuck as tag champs in fact some of there abckstage stuff has been funny.

Guest Choken One

I think they will be best tag team champions since E&C, since Dudleyz, Hardyz and APA are old hat and Spike/Tazz are not convincing champions. Billy and Chuck really gel together and they seem to be putting effort into it.

Guest Maurizio C... Version 2

the ousiders putting over E&C? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Guest Kahran Ramsus

There is exactly one person in the WWF that Hall or Nash will put over.  If you don't know who that is, then you are not a wrestling fan.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

the outsiders probably wont win the tag titles on a ppv, i would say that it is much more likely that it will just happen on a raw.  this is because the ppv's will need to be nWo hanging with main eventers, not nWo squashing the tag champs.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

Hall doesn't job anymore.  He used to, but he stopped when he started having all these problems.  Look at all the WCW titles he had and how many he actually lost in the ring.

Hall is willing to job at times, but he isn't going to when his buddies are running everything and he doesn't have to.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

from the rumors which have been surfacing, i dare say that hogan may be more willing to job at the moment than the outsiders.  damn, i never though id be saying that!