TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Spaceman Spiff

What's wrong w/ chuck & billy as tag champs?

Guest Tony149

Hogan is probably playing it cool since he knows the eyes of the wrestling world are on him. Then after a few months Hogan tries to start something.

Guest Flair5000

Billy & Chuck shouldn't be tag champs because they're a comedy team, put together for (dubious) laughs. End of story. The fact that they are even considered shows how awful the tag team roster is. There are possiblities though, bringing back Kidman and signing Rey Rey would be a start.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

I like both Rey & Kidman, but as tag champs you're back in the same boat as Tazz & Spike:  they look ridiculous next to the bigger tag teams.  On the last Raw, when Tazz was in w/ Palumbo, he looked like a midget.

Until a better, more credible team gets put together, Chuck & Billy are the only option for the belts.

Guest FakeRazor

I'm totally against Billy and Chucky as Tag champs.  I'd put the titles back on the Dudleys before giving it to the Not So Ambiguously Gay Duo.  

I don't see why Billy Gunn should be rewarded more.  They are good for a little chuckle for their backstage antics, but that's it.  Why the hell can't the WWF put together some other good tag teams.  They sure as hell have the roster for it.

Guest Tony149

The WWF doesn't bother making a good team. Right now, they're just sticking two guys together seeing what theycan do. Like Fake Razor said, the WWF has the roster to put some good teams together. Now if they'll take the time to do it.

Guest KoR Fungus

I'm looking forward to seeing C+B as champs simply because they're the best of a bunch of horrible alternatives.  Dudleys are unbelievably stale and after a few months actually had me longing for the better days of Kane and Taker, Hardys are also very stale and as of right now aren't really even in the title picture, APA are both poor workers that have heat but no in-ring ability, and Tazz and Spike aren't credible and aren't over.  Chuck and Billy aren't great, but Chuck is a decent worker, the team gets decent heat and their backstage skits are okay.  Not exactly the makings of a championship team, but in the horrible WWF tag division, that's the best there is.

God, things are so bad I'm actually longing for the Outsiders to come in and squash everyone.  Splitting up E+C was a *huge* mistake.

Guest Galactic Gigolo

I don't mind Chuck Palumbo & Billy Gunn as Tag Team Champs.  A lot of people complain that Billy Gunn shouldn't be in the team, and Sean O'Haire is a perfect alternative, but in my opinion Gunn's needed for people to recognize the team as anything more than a bunch of rookies.  I'll never enjoy Gunn, but as long as he's with Palumbo, I won't complain... That much.

But in all reality, they're just the setup team for The Outsiders to take the belts like they did from the Steiners in '97, back when the tag belts, just like now, we're EXTREMLY stale.

Guest Gimli 1138

I don't know about the rest of you, but I want to see the Impact Players to reuntie again and go for the Tag Titles. Since Storm isn't really doing anything, and Justin is just sitting on his ass right now, get them together and have their run with the belts.

As for Palumbo and Gunn, the main problem I kinda have with the team is the lack of a tag team move. True, same goes for Tazz and Spike, but I'm just happy with Spike being thrown about, then Tazz getting tagged in and cleaning house. I say they should do a double powerbomb or a double neckbreaker.

However, as long as Gunn stays the HELL out of the Singles competition for the rest of his WWF career, then let them be the champs. Just NO MORE BILLY GUNN SINGLES PUSHES!

Guest Army Eye
God, things are so bad I'm actually longing for the Outsiders to come in and squash everyone.  Splitting up E+C was a *huge* mistake.

Hmm.. maybe.  But you have to wonder.. E+C was already what, 7-time champions.. probably 2 or 3 more reigns by now if they had stayed together.  You've have to wonder how stale THEY'D be by now.

It could've worked.. They were set up to have a babyface run but then they got split up almost instantly.  That would've been something new anyway.  I'm not sure how that would've went.  

I agree with whoever mentioned the Impact Players.  WTF else are these guys doing that's so important.  They should be reunited and holding the tag team titles yesterday.

Guest Tony149

I wouldn't mind seeing the Impact Players get back together. Give them Torrie or Terri as their manager since Dawn Marie isn't there. Not it's been said...they aren't doing anything.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

E and C were very stale just before they were split.  and they weren't split "almost instantly," their split was built and teased for at least a month or two, and at the time was almost universally praised.  they needed to be split, but since it has happened, they have been mishandled by the bookers, edge has allowed himself to get stale, and christian has been awesome with limited tv time.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

i never want to see terri again, imo she is one of the worst looking "divas" there, as she looks so cheap and downright skanky.

i dont know who they should get as manager, possibly heyman because i think he could get them over much quicker than they could on their own, and also establish them as big-time heels.

Guest Tony149

The E & C turn took a long time to happen. I think 3 months, even though most saw it coming a mile away.

I threw out the idea of Terri managing the Impact Players because she should play the skank role well. Wasn't that what Dawn Marie did? Play a skank? Torrie is also a good choice since she isn't doing much with Tajiri.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

true true, but i just loathe terri *that* much.  she wouldnt be as bad if it didnt look like she was trying so hard.  i reckon she must sit in a refrigerator for 5 mins or so before coming to ringside... talk about headlight nipples.

Guest Army Eye
E and C were very stale just before they were split.  and they weren't split "almost instantly," their split was built and teased for at least a month or two, and at the time was almost universally praised.  they needed to be split, but since it has happened, they have been mishandled by the bookers, edge has allowed himself to get stale, and christian has been awesome with limited tv time.

ok true, I didn't quite say that right.  But the thing was, they never really got a chance to show if they had any staying power as a face tag team, since all the matches and skits were focused on their falling out.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

they had staying power as a face tag team all right, they'd been doing it for a few years.  but that was the whole point, edge and christian had been played in every possible way as a tag team, and it was time for a split.  while their split ultimately fizzled, at least they did it before they got to the point where the duds and hardys are now, where no matter what they do they are so stale that the fans couldnt care either way.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

The split wasn't a total failure.  Christian is still over, just not on TV.  And Edge certainly belongs at IC level.  Its not his fault that the midcard has no direction.

Guest goodhelmet

The WWF has the talent to pull off dozens of GREAT tag teams. Hell, Lance Strorm and Christian are right there! Booker T and Anybody (but Test), Impact Players, Raven and Saturn, THe dozen or so OVW guys waiting to be called up. Billy Gunn doesn't need another push. Palumbo doesn't need another bad angle to continue the sinking of his career. Chuck and Billy are NOT the answer to the tag team ranks. The writers need to get their heads out of their asses and start creating fresh tag team storylines with guys who can actually work and are wandering around aimlessly in this company.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

i never said it was a total failure, i trying to imply more that it sort of disappeared and got lost in the jumble of the invasion.  imo there wasnt really a definitive blowoff to the fued, tho i cant really remember it too clearly either.

Guest Tony149

E & C's "blow off" match was at No Mercy. Edge won back the I-C Title in a ladder match. Since then Christian is floating around TV while Edge battles William Regal for like the 100th time.

Guest Angus Podgorny

Nothing is inherently wrong with them as tag champs, except for the fact that they suck.

Guest What

I'd like to see Rock and Austin become a regular tag team for a few months with the belts. I guess it would free up some single pushes, and well Rock and Austin together just plain rules.

Guest Army Eye
they had staying power as a face tag team all right, they'd been doing it for a few years.

A few YEARS??  What??!?!?!?