TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tpww7

WWE Raw 2 Delayed Again

Guest tpww7

WWE Raw 2, which was previously scheduled for a May release, has been pushed back until September.

Source: www.planetxbox.com

Maybe THQ realized this game would suck too, and decided to start over.

Guest CED Ordonez

If the gameplay and controls are as bad as the original Raw on X-Box, then delay it for all of eternity for all I care.

Guest Kotzenjunge

I'm dying here without a wrestling game for my X-Box, but if they're taking this time to make the game good enough for me to not return it the very next day after buying it, then I'm all for it.

Guest jimmy no nose
You could always get Def Jam Vendetta :) But im not sure if thats even on X-Box.

It's not. LOW2's pretty decent.

Guest Karnage

I hear Microsoft is making their own wrestling game called Wild Rings or something but haven't seen much about it.

Guest CED Ordonez

(source: the-magicbox.com)

Microsoft has revealed a new Xbox Live wrestling game called The Wild Rings, you can battle with other players over the network, and there are over 100 characters and 500 techniques in the game. You can create a custom character in the Edit Mode, you can decide the hair style, attachment, face, body type, cloth, arm equipment, pants, thighs, knees, shoes and more. There are 11 fighting styles available, there will be additional techniques available for download over the Internet from time to time.

wr1.jpgwr2.jpg

Nothing definitive or detailed yet, but this one sounds promising.

Guest CED Ordonez

Well I found some more info at ign.com. This sadly looks like it may not see U.S. soil.

One of the surprises of this year's TGS was finding out that Microsoft Game Studios was going to produce a pro wrestling game. Titled The Wild Rings, the game does not feature a specific license, which may disappoint US gamers (should it come stateside), but may help to buoy sales in Japan.

The game sports the following modes:

Exhibition

Tournament

Title Match

League Match

Champions Road

Network

Character Edit

Matches can be one on one, tag, six person brawl, and Battle Royal. At this point, the wrestling engine is reminiscent of Acclaim's Legends of Wrestling. It's a pretty simple fighting system on the surface, where each face button handles a different kind of attack. It was difficult to determine whether there will be button combos or multiple move strings, and how complex the grappling system will be.

However, one thing that adds to its depth is the variety of different wrestling styles. While one wrestler may be more of a grappler, another is a straight-up boxer. We played with both, and each has his merits, although the boxer's move set seemed a bit limited. One thing is certain-- the matches are very balanced, and difficult to put away. Two matches went to a seventh minute, and a third could not be decided before it was time to move on.

In terms of character designs, there is the traditional high-flying wrestler wearing the trademark Mexican mask, a grappler who looks eerily like Andre the Giant, a small but grizzly boxer type, and several generic-looking dudes of various nationalities. There is also an extensive character creation feature, which serves to expand the realm of possibilities ad infinitum.

It's impossible to tell at this point whether Wild Rings will make it to American shores or not. We're leaning toward "no" at this point, due to the fact that Raw is already an exclusive Xbox wrestling title with the WWE license, to boot.

Guest Lethargic
If the gameplay and controls are as bad as the original Raw on X-Box, then delay it for all of eternity for all I care.

I hope it is as "bad" as the first one seeing as how it had the best controlls and gameplay of any American wrestling game I've ever played.

Has there ever been a WWF game that didn't go through months of delays? Color me shocked.

Guest CED Ordonez

Huh? They were good? Well, I never look at instruction booklets and go solely on trial and error, so I guess you picked up something I didn't when playing it.

And I'm going go out on a limb and say D'Lo will still be in this game when it is released.

Guest tpww7

Damn Japanese. I wonder if you imported a copy, if you could play it on live with people in Japan, not likely.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

I played the RAW PC Demo and I couldnt stand it. Since I heard it was pretty much a straight port cept for the WWF to WWe conversion, I didn't bother with the PC Version (which you can pick up for 14.97 at wal mart)

Guest The Superstar

I didn't think the first RAW was that bad, once you got used to the controls, and set counters to the white button and finishers to the black button. Although it's really fucking annoying when you try to grapple with someone and they push you away...you can't even do a move half the time.

But yes, I love Legends of Wrestling 2, so that's my Xbox wrestling fix.

Guest jimmy no nose
Damn Japanese. I wonder if you imported a copy, if you could play it on live with people in Japan, not likely.

Nope, the only ways to play Japanese games are with either a mod-chip or a Japanese console. Having a mod-chip on disables Xbox Live, and the Japanese version of Live wouldnt work in the US.

Guest Luke Cage
I didn't think the first RAW was that bad, once you got used to the controls, and set counters to the white button and finishers to the black button. Although it's really fucking annoying when you try to grapple with someone and they push you away...you can't even do a move half the time.

But yes, I love Legends of Wrestling 2, so that's my Xbox wrestling fix.

I'm playing the XBox Raw and I'm SO tired of that grapple bug. Certain characters (no matter how much of an advantage you have) do this on a regular basis. I nearly toss the controller aside in frustration sometimes...

Guest Plushy Al Logan

I would laugh if "Freddy vs. Jason" and/or "Chinese Democracy" came out before it.