TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

Raw Notes from Dave Meltzer

By Dave Meltzer

These were posted before the PPV:

Rock debuts on Raw tomorrow night. I'm presuming the storyline for this will be explained on the PPV later. At this point, Rock moves over so they can do the Austin program on Raw over the next month.

While we've heard no word that he's signed, it does appear they are either very close or have reached an agreement and Goldberg is more likely for tomorrow night.

There will also be a Battle Royal to determine the #1 contender for the world title.

Guest bob_barron

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES.

If I get to see Rock and Austin in the same night- OH HELL YEA.

And I know everyone hates Goldberg (including me) but I will shit my pants if I see him live

Guest Human Fly

If Rock goes into a program with Austin, yet Goldberg goes to Raw does this mean that he wins the Battle Royal and fights HHH at 'Mania?

Guest Zero_Cool

Sounds interesting, and here's to hoping Booker T wins the number one contender's match, just so he has a spot at Wrestlemania.

Rock, Austin, and Goldberg on the same show may be too much to pass up.

Guest Coffey

I'm all for Goldberg showing up. I wanted him to show at No Way Out actually. Rock on RAW? Good, maybe a few segmeants will be entertaining. Fuck all you haters of his new tattoo too.. It's a helluva lot better than his "Brahma Bull" tattoo.

The battle royal for the #1 contendership huh? Well, last I heard it was still going to be HHH Vs. Booker @ 'Mania, so hopefully they won't pull the plug on that.

What does that leave for Goldberg though?

Guest Downhome
Everyone...STAY AWAY FROM GOLDBERG'S FEET!

...and BAH GAWD, don't take no damn German Suplex from Angle, he's a killer! Back on topic...

*creams over the thought of Austin, Rocky, AND Goldberg being on the same show*

...that is all.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

I don't know how they'll pull off moving Rock to RAW.

Rock (Heel) aligned with Vince (Heel on Smackdown) on RAW where Vince is a Face.

Makes no sense and I don't see how it will work..

Guest Human Fly

Winning the Battle Royal and fighting HHH.

Guest Coffey
Everyone...STAY AWAY FROM GOLDBERG'S FEET!

WTF? Did the WWE just turn into Bloodsport?

"Go for the stomach, Chong Li is weak there. Also, stay away from his right leg. Hey, you listen to me? Stay away from his right leg" - Frank

"You sound like my mother." - Ray Jackson

LOL!

Guest Downhome
I'm all for Goldberg showing up. I wanted him to show at No Way Out actually. Rock on RAW? Good, maybe a few segmeants will be entertaining. Fuck all you haters of his new tattoo too.. It's a helluva lot better than his "Brahma Bull" tattoo.

The battle royal for the #1 contendership huh? Well, last I heard it was still going to be HHH Vs. Booker @ 'Mania, so hopefully they won't pull the plug on that.

I thought it was a "done deal" that is Goldberg got signed, he would feud with The Rock in some way. I was led to believe that the Rocky/Austin talk was under the stipulation that Goldberg did not get signed.

Hmmm, I don't know what they do, but have it be Rocky/Austin, Rocky/Goldberg, or whatever, all of this seems to me to make RAW a LOT more interesting.

I just pray they don't try to bring in Goldberg in as a heel, because quite frankly, he f'n SUCKED as a heel. I know it's because he "didn't want to be" a heel, and I do NOT take up for him on that one, I hate it when anyone does that.

Guest Coffey

Winning the Battle Royal and fighting HHH.

So, even though Booker is going to win the battle royal Goldberg is too, or did you just decide to ignore that sentence in my reply?

"The battle royal for the #1 contendership huh? Well, last I heard it was still going to be HHH Vs. Booker @ 'Mania, so hopefully they won't pull the plug on that.

What does that leave for Goldberg though? "

Guest Coffey
I don't know what they do, but have it be Rocky/Austin, Rocky/Goldberg, or whatever, all of this seems to me to make RAW a LOT more interesting.

& entertaining. At least more entertaining than Kane & RVD tag matches with Triple H being the only main eventer.

Guest DrTom

Why does everyone have such a jones for Goldberg? Christ, he was a lousy wrestler who ended Bret Hart's career because he botched the incredibly complex move known as the "superkick." (Sorry, "savate kick," since he'll apparently be on Raw.) More importantly, he's meant precisely DICK to North American wrestling for the last three years. Bah, I hope he never signs. It will be a mistake if he does, I guaran-damn-tee it.

Guest RedJed

I dont get the idea they are going with if Goldberg shows up on Raw, as does Rock. A three way? I admit that could be interesting as hell, or maybe a Rock-Austin match leading to a match with Goldberg, all at Mania.

Guest bob_barron

Most people here seem to be against the signing of Goldberg.

I don't like him either but I know I'll mark out if he shows up tomorrow since I'll be there live.

Guest RedJed
Why does everyone have such a jones for Goldberg? Christ, he was a lousy wrestler who ended Bret Hart's career because he botched the incredibly complex move known as the "superkick." (Sorry, "savate kick," since he'll apparently be on Raw.) More importantly, he's meant precisely DICK to North American wrestling for the last three years. Bah, I hope he never signs. It will be a mistake if he does, I guaran-damn-tee it.

The only reason I give a fuck about him at this point is that I'm really against seeing Rock-Austin again at Mania.

Guest Downhome
I don't know what they do, but have it be Rocky/Austin, Rocky/Goldberg, or whatever, all of this seems to me to make RAW a LOT more interesting.

& entertaining. At least more entertaining than Kane & RVD tag matches with Triple H being the only main eventer.

I hear ya, I was growing VERY tired over those damn Kane/RVD tag matches, as they NEVER seemd to really flow or be all that great. I'm not even really caring about RVD/Kane now feuding. As far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't give a damn if they just ignored their history totally, and they just went their different ways now. I'd love to see RVD go against someone who could actually compliment his style, and Kane, is NOT the guy who can do that.

Guest Downhome
I dont get the idea they are going with if Goldberg shows up on Raw, as does Rock. A three way? I admit that could be interesting as hell, or maybe a Rock-Austin match leading to a match with Goldberg, all at Mania.

Noooooooooo, a three-way would be pissing on TWO seperate potential big money matches. If I was booking, I'd have Rocky/Goldberg for Wrestlemania, and then save Austin/Goldberg for Summerslam.

We are ALL jumping to conclusions though, as it's not even confirmed that Goldberg is coming. It's all just talk, just like it's been for two years.

Guest Will Scarlet

Isn't Raw in Canada? I thought they HATED Goldberg. It seems counterproductive to have him debut in Canada. I think they should do some bait and switching for awhile!

Guest Human Fly
So, even though Booker is going to win the battle royal Goldberg is too, or did you just decide to ignore that sentence in my reply?

Do you honestly think that even if Booker T. was scheduled to fight HHH at 'Mania they wouldn't yank him in a second if it meant signing Goldberg

Guest Coffey
Why does everyone have such a jones for Goldberg?  Christ, he was a lousy wrestler who ended Bret Hart's career because he botched the incredibly complex move known as the "superkick."  (Sorry, "savate kick," since he'll apparently be on Raw.)  More importantly, he's meant precisely DICK to North American wrestling for the last three years.  Bah, I hope he never signs.  It will be a mistake if he does, I guaran-damn-tee it.

I have a "jones" for Goldberg simply because he was entertaining. Much like Hulk Hogan was when I was growing up. I form my own individual opinions and I could care less what the other people ,that I've never met in real life, on a message forum think about it.

Accidents happen, so I can EASILY look past Bret Hart getting kicked for real. Also, it's hard to mean anything to North American wrestling when you're not a part of it. Or was that your point? Pretty moot.

Also, he wasn't a lousy wrestler by any stretch of the imagination. He was thrust into the spotlight too soon, but he caught on because he was entertaining. He improved quicker than anyone that I have ever seen before, and the intensity and power that he brought to the table are still to this day untouched. His matches vastly improved with each passing episode of Nitro & Thunder. He incorporated new moves into his repertoire. Moves that people of his size wouldn't even need to consider attempting, but he done them nontheless. Like the rolling leg lock. Goldberg was a power wrestler, he didn't need to use it, or cross arm breakers, or any of the other non power moves that he used. He just did.

That makes for entertainment. At least to me.

Also, he looks at wrestling like a job. Some people look at this as if it's a bad thing. I think it's a good thing. He does what he's told, and collects his paycheck. That keeps him out of politics though. He's all for shit not looking hokey either. That's why he fucking punched through a real limo window. At least he's dedicated to tasks at hand.

Guest RedJed
Isn't Raw in Canada? I thought they HATED Goldberg. It seems counterproductive to have him debut in Canada. I think they should do some bait and switching for awhile!

Hell, I would take that a step further and I wouldn't even have him in a match at Mania. You either have him debut at Mania unannounced or do it the next night. This is all assuming though that the plan isn't Austin v. Rock at the big show.......I just dont want to see this again and I will take damn near anything over that.

Guest bob_barron

Yes- RAW is in Toronto. And yes- TO hates Goldberg.

Should be interesting

Guest Downhome
Isn't Raw in Canada?  I thought they HATED Goldberg.  It seems counterproductive to have him debut in Canada.  I think they should do some bait and switching for awhile!

Should be interesting

If you are going to RAW, just where do you hail from?

Guest MarvinisaLunatic
Also, he looks at wrestling like a job. Some people look at this as if it's a bad thing. I think it's a good thing. He does what he's told, and collects his paycheck. That keeps him out of politics though. He all for shit not looking hokey either. That's why he fucking punched through a real limo window. At least he's dedicated to tasks at hand.

I was at the Thunder taping where he punched out the limo window. Pretty sick looking (they showed it in color on the screen in the arena, black and white on tv) there was blood everywhere right towards the end.

I remember that, the Benoit vs Bret Hart match (which sucked but eh..) and Jarrett declaring Salisbury the 1rst ever Slapnuts convention...

Oh, and I really don't like Goldberg. Aside from a dream match or two with Rock and Austin, I figure he'll be useless and all before King of the Ring.

RAW's probably the wrong show to put him on if Austin and Rock are both on there. Smackdown needs the "name" more I think.

Guest bob_barron
Isn't Raw in Canada?  I thought they HATED Goldberg.  It seems counterproductive to have him debut in Canada.  I think they should do some bait and switching for awhile!

Should be interesting

If you are going to RAW, just where do you hail from?

I hail from New York but am going to university in Toronto

Guest snuffbox

When did window-punching start earning respect? I punched out a house window a-la Bill Goldy and cut myself severely as well. All i got from that was a good lesson and a nasty scar. Same prolly goes for Goldberg. Not really a showcase of intelligence or balls. ;)

Guest Downhome
When did window-punching start earning respect? I punched out a house window a-la Bill Goldy and cut myself severely as well. All i got from that was a good lesson and a nasty scar. Same prolly goes for Goldberg. Not really a showcase of intelligence or balls. ;)

He put his own personal well being on the line, in order to make his segment in Pro. Wrestling to look as realistic as possible. We see others do this all the time, and those get credit for it. I'm not saying that Goldberg should have done that, but still, I personally respect him for wanting to at least TRY to make it look more intense and realistic, other than making it look obviously chessy and fake.