TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

It'll happen next week, I'm sure of it!

Guest The Hamburglar
Man... I remember saying that pre-WM last year and getting roasted by a few people...

Well, its hardly inspiring to see the supposed crowd favourite going into the biggest event and match of the year crouched under a car pining for his large-headed dog. I honestly can't believe that Triple H had a personal hand in some of that stuff, it made him look like a prize wanker.

Guest Brian

Well, it didn't help that Trips character wasn't being booked so strong after coming bacl from a tremendous injury. Brock's persona works better for this roll than Triple H did last year.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Are you all finally willing to admit that I was right from day one and that this Angle/Lesnar feud is a total wash? If not, WHAT THE FUCK is it gonna take for that to happen? When will you give up?

*checks calendar* 2 more weeks.

Guest Austin3164life

Anglesault, along with RavishingRickRudo, has been right the entire time. The feud is totally pointless, because Brock is being booked as God to Angle's street bum. Unless Angle somehow severely fucks with Brock's head (which he SHOULD be doing already) and has Team Angle come in with steel chairs to kill Brock, Angle will look like a mindless chicken with his head cut off heading into Seattle. Plus, like someone said, Brock is hurt because fans don't get attached to someone who easily won the World Title without much of a fight. Heels are supposed to be desperate and willing to do ANYTHING to hang on to their gold. Take a look at Austin circa 01 with the whole paranoid-desperate-champion persona. Angle should mentally (physically via Team Angle) fuck with Brock without breaking a sweat from now until March 30.

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

Poor Angle.........Brock is just this unstoppable monster. I hate it when the WWE books shit this way.

It's funny.....Brock is a heel and has trouble beating the established guys......he turns face and squashes everyone.

Guest NoSelfWorth
I don't give a shit.  I'm just loving Brock smashing all, its great fun.

Nothing more fun than wasting Angle in favor of some guy who can't hold his jock. I hate this feud and this company.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Stick this in your pipe and smoke it - Brock has been a better wrestler in his first ten months ."

Yeah, because he had a ***+ match in...August? And then. Yeah.

(No Blood doesn't add multiple stars to hell in a cell)

and Bobby, It is THEIR JOB to do whatever it takes to make it look like Angle can win.

And at what point did "Bury Angle" become a viable option?

And Angle's great matches prior to 2001 are...? Hmmm?

Kurt Angle v The Rock - No Mercy 2000.

Guest kane3212321

Chris Jericho vs. Kurt Angle - No Way Out 2000

Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho - Wrestlemania 16

Guest AndrewTS
Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho - Wrestlemania 16

That wasn't exactly a "great" match, so that one shouldn't count.

Guest Mad Dog

AS,

Do you think it would've saved the feud if Team Angle had KOed Lesnar and then Angle puts him in the Anklelock and end the match b/c Lesnar is out?

As far as what I think. I think Angle is going to injure Lesnar the week before just to give the illusion that Angle has a chance.

Guest THE MIGHTY THOR

I knew from the get go WWE were going to turn Brock into the second coming of Hulkamania, the thing is we are not in 1986, the people will get tired of Brocky's push and will turn on him big time, i can't wait since i already can't stand his push and actually never did. Just look at his character, who is going to relate to him, Angle is an american olympic hero,Taker is a biker,Rock is a cool mofo,Austin is a kickass anti-establishment redneck, all of them in one way or another are characters people can't relate to,Brock's character is a big monster goof with 0 mic skills and an expert in doing the pee-pee dance.

Guest The Hamburglar

Angle vs Rock No Mercy 2000 - good for the Angle win alone, but way too much interference and over-booking to really give the match too much credit. The Rikishi stuff was downright ridiculous, although that's nothing against Angle. The main body of the match is decent, but so comprehensively smoked by the awesome rematch at No Way Out 01 that it doesn't really stand out to me.

The Wrestlemania 2000 triple threat wasn't that good, as has been pointed out. Just no flow or coherency at all, and some rather irritating booking.

Angle - Jericho 2000 was probably Angle's best match in his first year, but it still wasn't really great, just a good IC title match. Did a lot of things right and you could see that Angle was destined for greatness, but only good at this point. None of those matches equal Brock's cell match with Taker or his Summerslam match with Rock IMO. Although I do pimp those two a lot, particularly the Cell match simply because Taker is so shit these days. I remember someone at the A1wrestling board noted that it's been a long time since someone made Taker so strong and yet so vulnerable in the same match. Also, the Brock-Taker Cell match has redefined HiatC somewhat, seeing as it proved that mega-bumps off the top are not necessary to have a good match in the Cell.

Props to this thread anyway, simply for reminding me of how BUTT-fuckingly brilliant Rock-Angle at No Way Out 01 was. Second best match I saw that year, I reckon, and Angle's intensity was a breath-taking sight to see.

Guest Super Pissed Smark

I was with you all along on this and I'll stand by my prediction that Angle-Brock won't be the ME. Even if they do put it last they'll portray Rock-Austin, or even Vince-Hogan as more important matches. Angle was screwed from the start, now all he can do is lay down like a bitch.

Guest Army Eye
I was with you all along on this and I'll stand by my prediction that Angle-Brock won't be the ME. Even if they do put it last they'll portray Rock-Austin, or even Vince-Hogan as more important matches. Angle was screwed from the start, now all he can do is lay down like a bitch.

I agree, I don't see any way that match could go on last.

When Angle and Brock finally came to blows in the 6-man, there wasn't even much of a pop. And this was as hot a crowd as they come. That pretty much clinches it.

Guest Pigsy

"Are you all finally willing to admit that I was right from day one and that this Angle/Lesnar feud is a total wash? If not, WHAT THE FUCK is it gonna take for that to happen? When will you give up?"

When Brock steals Kurt's ass cream...

Guest Mulatto Heat
When Angle and Brock finally came to blows in the 6-man, there wasn't even much of a pop. And this was as hot a crowd as they come. That pretty much clinches it.

Yeah, that surprised me, as well as the crowd yet again getting behind the Angle/Benoit interactions, especially the reversal sequence. Gives me hope of another PPV match between the two (despite Heyman giving away the Rumble rematch for free).

Combined with this, the poor interaction in the gauntlet match last week, and the MSG house show from a couple weeks ago, and I'd be wary of making Angle/Lesnar the WM main too.

Guest Brian

Didn't surprise me. For a three-on-two match, it was pretty poorly laid out. The feud as a whole has been paced bad and too one-sided, to expect that the fans would be interested in these guys locking up. Unless they change booking soon, and do a complete one-eighty, the feuds already sunk.

Guest The Hamburglar

Well, let's be honest, as soon as Brock lost to Big Show at Survivor Series then the feud was destined to never reach its full potential. It should have been face Angle chasing heel Brock, although face vs face would have been decent also. I do agree that face Brock vs heel Angle gives Vince and the writers too much ammunition to use their twin fetishes of big-man path of destruction and superhuman face powers. Still, I should enjoy it to a degree, and I retain some faith that a really good feud can be built in a month(I was really impressed with Brock-Rock and to a lesser extent the re-ignition of Angle-Benoit for the Rumble).

Guest Vitamin X
Angle - Jericho 2000 was probably Angle's best match in his first year, but it still wasn't really great, just a good IC title match. Did a lot of things right and you could see that Angle was destined for greatness, but only good at this point.

Jericho led Angle through most of that match..Kurt was pretty damn green and I personally didn't like HIS god push throughout 2000. He didn't have a great match till late that year, with the mega-hot Steph/HHH/Angle storyline, and the Rock/Angle "Angle turns INTENSE~!" storylines.

Also, the Brock-Taker Cell match has redefined HiatC somewhat, seeing as it proved that mega-bumps off the top are not necessary to have a good match in the Cell.

I guess everyone's forgotten the HHH-Jericho HIAC...*sigh*

Guest The Hamburglar
I guess everyone's forgotten the HHH-Jericho HIAC...*sigh*

Yes, because it wasn't very good. And because Triple H won. I'm no crazed HHHater, indeed I find his antics amusing, but there was no legitimate reason as to why Jericho didn't win that match. Made Jericho look utterly pathetic.

Guest Jobber of the Week

The only reason I can think for all this is that they know they'll get more buys if marks are 90% sure Brock will win and want to tune in to see Kurt get knocked clear to Timbuktu.

While Raw has HHH and Flair and soon Rocky, SmackDown is in a Hogan era like limbo, where heels aren't supposed to have any fans and always lose in the end. The closest thing to a "cool" heel on SD is Los Guererros

Guest Kotzenjunge

They could salvage all of this by having Angle channel his February/March 2001 self and just go postal on everyone.

Guest The Hamburglar
They could salvage all of this by having Angle channel his February/March 2001 self and just go postal on everyone.

Actually, Angle did get really credible awfully quickly in that time period. I think a solid month of PSYCHO~! Angle would erase all the memories of him being beaten down. I say he breaks Billy Kidman's ankle.

Guest AndrewTS

Actually, Angle did get really credible awfully quickly in that time period. I think a solid month of PSYCHO~! Angle would erase all the memories of him being beaten down. I say he breaks Billy Kidman's ankle.

Heheh...I like it.

Plus, Dean would be a bigger Angle fan than Anglesault if that happened.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

I don't know why you guys are still having this argument, this feud is screwed. Even if Angle goes completly beserk this month, (and I think recent events seem to indicate this not happening) Angle is just Brock's little not 6 foot tall bitch. With all the Hogan love on this board, I'm not suprised everyone's so thrilled about the dawn of Brockamania. Maybe they'll resign Mable to job to him at Summerslam?

ps - If they do let Angle win after all this, which would be just mind boggling, Brock will lose mega heat, losing to the little olympic pussy after steamrolling him and his teamates single handedly for the last two months. Not that I'd complain, but I really don't think that's the result they have in mind.

pps - Did I just see someone call Brock vs. Taker "a great match"?

EDIT: I am all about breaking Kidman's ankle

Guest Anglesault
When Angle and Brock finally came to blows in the 6-man, there wasn't even much of a pop

Because it wasn't their first encounter, and there was no intrigue. Some brain farm on the booking team never considered that in the weeks leading up.

Guest Brian

Or in the layout of the match they never thought of putting together a good Angle heat spot.

Guest Anglesault

This feud is an abcolute disaster. It cannot end without ruining someone. Obviously, that would be Angle right now. But if they actually have Angle win, Lord knows what will happen to brock.

Still, I should enjoy it to a degree, and I retain some faith that a really good feud can be built in a month(I was really impressed with Brock-Rock and to a lesser extent the re-ignition of Angle-Benoit for the Rumble).

One problem though...The feud has already started. Those started and ended in a month, basically.

And Rock/Brock was nice, but doing the same tired thing (The ticket) two weeks in a row really left a bad taste in my mouth.