TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

The Dames' Diatribe is FINALLY up

Guest treble charged

I came away with a few things:

1) You didn't give Storm/Regal vs. Kane/RVD a star rating, unless I missed it.

and

2) You REALLY want people to read your No Mercy Diatribe.

Other than that, keep up the good work.

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

Because maybe one day I'll annoy you enough to where you'll quit shilling so much. People know you're Diatribe is there. But some of us only use this for the board. I've never even been to your site and I'm not going anytime soon.

Guest Army Eye

So why did you click on the thread? The guy is giving everyone a free board here and as far as I'm concerned he can shill his own stuff all he wants.

Fine. Then I'm going to be sure to annoyingly shill anything I ever write. "Hey I just posted something in this other thread. Go there and read it! It's up now!"

And I mainly clicked on it and read it because I give Dames a hard time everytime he shills something. It's become like a monthly ritual for me. I don't think I could live without it.

Guest Army Eye
Fine. Then I'm going to be sure to annoyingly shill anything I ever write. "Hey I just posted something in this other thread. Go there and read it! It's up now!"

If he bursts into other threads and starts plugging his Diatribe, that's different I guess.. having one clearly marked thread, I guess I don't see the irritation.

Guest red_file

What I don't understand is why reviewers always put play-by-play in their reviews. If I've seen the match, I already know what happened; if I haven't seen the match, PBP isn't going to do it justice, no matter how good it is. The only thing I'm interested in when reading a review is hearing the reviewer's opinion on the match and why s/he came to that opinion (which could include talking about the story told, interesting sequences, specific spots, ect).

I wish Dames would spend more time on the opinion part and jetison the PBP. I'd even say lose the ratings because they lack meaning, but I know that's not possible.

Still, good reading.

Guest OnlyMe
1) You didn't give Storm/Regal vs. Kane/RVD a star rating, unless I missed it.

My Opinion: The match wasn't anything special and was for the most part, RVD playing the face in peril. Storm and Regal retaining was probably the best thing here, but sadly, other than 3MW and The Dudley's, there are no other tag teams on Raw. WWE should really take the opportunity to build up some lower midcarders and team them up. It looks as if we'll be seeing RVD vs. Kane at Wrestlemania....but who will be the heel in that match up? *1/2

I agree with red file, but I must also say that the "background to the feud" is really helpful and a nice touch

The reason why my PBP is the way it is is due to the fact that not too many people watch NWA:TNA and end up reading my reviews on it to know whats going on. I'm used to doing it in that style, so in order to keep the same type of flow, I do it that way. If you ever read certain matches, its definitely not straight up pbp because that would just be really boring.

Dames

Guest nikowwf

Comparing it to your NWA/TNA reviews, I think you were a tad bit harsh on one or two matches (id give hardy/jericho and 5 man tag 3 stars each) but other than that great review.

niko

Guest Army Eye
What I don't understand is why reviewers always put play-by-play in their reviews. If I've seen the match, I already know what happened; if I haven't seen the match, PBP isn't going to do it justice, no matter how good it is.

That's pretty weak. If I haven't seen the show, of course PBP is more helpful and informative than no PBP

Guest red_file
What I don't understand is why reviewers always put play-by-play in their reviews.  If I've seen the match, I already know what happened; if I haven't seen the match, PBP isn't going to do it justice, no matter how good it is.

That's pretty weak. If I haven't seen the show, of course PBP is more helpful and informative than no PBP

I disagree. PBP inevitably contains omissions and as such may not present a clear picture of the match. I can't count how many times I've seen a specific part of a match and have that found reviewers glossed over or omitted that part from the PBP. If I haven't seen the match in question, I'm more interested in the holistic impression of the match than the individual parts. I'm interested in the story that was told and well the reviewer felt the wrestler went about telling it, not necessarily in the reviewer's running commentary as the story is being told.

I consider it akin to a movie critique. I don't specifically want to know everything that happened in the film, only how everything fits together to form the whole and how well that was accomplished.

I'm probably in the minority on this one.

No see you guys have me all wrong.

I have nothing against Dames and his shilling. I used to but not anymore. I just like to do it to give him a hard time now.

Guest nikowwf

The play by play is fine...its for peeps who didnt see the show. If you saw it, skip the play by play and go to his thoughts. its organized so you can easily do that....

Guest OnlyMe

It's nice to see what the reviewer thinks of certain spots during the match. I'd much rather read what he thinks of (say) the attempted chokeslam / last ride, than have every move transcribed.

But that's just me.