TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Star Ocean 3

Xenosaga

Guest Lightning Flik
SPOILERS FOR XENOGEARS

Episode I:  The creation of Deus and the destruction of Old Jerusalem.

Episode II:  The migration to Neo Jerusalem, and the creation of the Contact, the Mother & The Gazel Ministry.

Episode III:  The height of the Zeboim Empire.

Episode IV:  The Solaris/Shevat War, and the coming of Diabolos.  Lacan becomes Grahf.

Episode V:  Xenogears.

Episode VI:  Deals with the aftermath of the destruction of Deus.

Some Spoilers Ahead

Actually, after consulting some in a trusty Xeno(saga) Perfect Works book (I read, a thingy off of Gamefaqs). The Perfect Works book is the actual given timeline for the whole Xenosaga story. And I'm going to state a couple of things.... Somethings to think about.

Firstly, Old Jerusalem was destroyed 15000 years before Episode 5(Xenogears). The destruction of Old Jerusalem would be Episode 1, yet in our Episode 1, Old Jerusalem has already been destroyed (4000-5000 years prior to our Episode 1) and susquently, I haven't heard anything about Deus yet, have you?

Secondly, the whole thing that we are experiencing is actually, HALF of Episode 2. Because, frankly, a certain Jin Uzuki was supposed to be a promienant player in the Episode 2. And hm... Lo and behold, Jin Uzuki is the brother of one Shion Uzuki. Also resembles Citan Uzuki (true name Hyuga Ricdeau) just for some more info. When Jin becomes a promienant player, the whole crashing of the ship with Deus on it happens. Heck with it, Monolift supposedly (I'm borrowing from this FAQ, so take heed, he found this info out, not me) was giving all sorts of apologizes to the many people who were expecting Jin Uzuki (since a lot of fans in Japan picked up Perfect Works, I suppose)

And yes, there are only 6 episodes. (now not pulling stuff off the Perfect Works/Xenosaga/Xenogears reference dude) Sorry about the mistake with 6 episodes part. My bad.

OK couple of things.

First, Danny DeVito is NOT Phil in Kingdom Hearts (after checking both the KH booklet and IMDB). The voice of Philoctetes, or "Phil" if you will, is Robert Costanzo, who was his voice in the TV show as well as Det. Harvey Bullock in the cartoon "Batman:TAS" and Mr. Orvetti in the cartoon "Spawn" as well as a ton of other stuff.

Second, and this is directly off the IGN review of Xenosaga (found here ):

"Veteran RPG gamers may find some of the information listed above [talking about the story -ed.]a little similar to Monolith's other big project Xenogears. Originally published by Square for the PlayStation One, Xenogears was to be the fifth installment of a separate but similar six-part series. In fact, Monolith and the game honcho Tetsuya Takahashi even went so far as to create a tome of knowledge detailing these events in Xenogears Perfect Works: The Real Thing. Flipping through its pages, you might even be amazed to discover that several of the events described within the book made it into this game as well, not to mention a few direct character references. The official word on the street, however, is that these two games are not linked at all -- and just happen to share universal traits much like SaGa and Final Fantasy do. We'll leave it to our readers to draw their own conclusions on that matter, but it won't take a rocket scientist to figure out the real story (re: the beauty of politics)."

Take that for what you will. They seem to say that Saga is a completely different storyline from Gears. Can someone just give Monolith a call and ask them please?

Guest Renegade
First, Danny DeVito is NOT Phil in Kingdom Hearts (after checking both the KH booklet and IMDB). The voice of Philoctetes, or "Phil" if you will, is Robert Costanzo, who was his voice in the TV show as well as Det. Harvey Bullock in the cartoon "Batman:TAS" and Mr. Orvetti in the cartoon "Spawn" as well as a ton of other stuff.

Whoo! Go me.