TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest oldschoolwrestling

Yang refuses to sign contract

Guest oldschoolwrestling

Last night on NWA: Total Nonstop Action, Julio Dinero, formerly of ECW, and who recently has been working for XPW, made his debut in a match with Raven. However, when Dinero arrived at the building that day, it was for a dark match. An interesting chain of events led to him wrestling on the Pay-per-view.

The storyline for the show called for Raven to face a member of the X-Division as part of a challenge where he would face an X Division wrestler if AJ Styles faced the Sandman. The original plan was for Raven to face The Amazing Red. However, when Red, who was on tour with All Japan Pro Wrestling, was not going to return in time for the show, TNA brought in Jimmy Yang.

Yang, for reasons that are not clear, refused to sign a contract for the match. The contract was essentially a standard one show deal for the night, so TNA could put Yang on Pay-per-view. At 5:30pm, as they were opening the doors, Yang still had not agreed to sign the contract, so he was asked to leave the building, and Julio Dinero was give the opportunity to be on the show.

Yang, who had appeared on many editions of NWA:TNA in the past, in between tours of Japan, is not expected to be invited back to the show.

1wrestling.com

Guest Pegasus Kid

Idiots... they've got a roster that basically consists of US indy workers with serious consistency issues and now they won't call Yang to come back to their show because he didn't want to do the job in a five minute match to a guy that's not even in his division. This is the kind of mentality that will shoot them in the foot later on. What if a guy like Ki or Daniels did the same thing? Would they just say "your loss?" Guess what; it's not their loss. Yang's in a position where he's working tours with a higher tier of workers in longer matches, getting to work the way he wants in AJPW for more money. I can't say as I blame him for not wanting that contract for the night with TNA. It does nothing for him.

Guest nikowwf

Its hard though, cause if you let him have his way then it starts a bad trend with the workers running the asylum. In a small place like TNA, that might be disasterous. (did i spell that right?)

nikO

im getting tired of this shit. decide, work one place or the other. it pisses me off that they dont "make it" to the US on time and fucks up the whole ppv. i love red just as much as the next guy, but its pretty fucking stupid when you have red, skipper, low ki and daniels in japan one week after another and have plans for them but dont use them.

Guest BifEverchad
im getting tired of this shit. decide, work one place or the other. it pisses me off that they dont "make it" to the US on time and fucks up the whole ppv. i love red just as much as the next guy, but its pretty fucking stupid when you have red, skipper, low ki and daniels in japan one week after another and have plans for them but dont use them.

True dat. But what can ya do? The guys gotta get work whenever, and where ever they can. As much as I wanna see these guys on TNA EVERY single week, you have to understand their 'Indy' situation.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Why wouldn't Yang sign the one match contract?

JIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!

NO!!!!!!!!!

Guest Space_Cowboy

Damnit, Yang not being invited back anymore sucks, he's been one of my favourites since he was in the Jung Dragons.

Guest Youth N Asia

Are they still doing the Elvis bullshit? That was funny and all for a few weeks.

They need to keep a core batch of guys they'll always have access to. I know they like this deal where they say how anyone can come in, but you can't work many storylines when most guys aren't on the show every week or every other week.

Guest eirejmcmahon
Yang, who had appeared on many editions of NWA:TNA in the past, in between tours of Japan, is not expected to be invited back to the show.

I'm sure he's heartbroken.

Guest Vyce

I'm a Yang fan from back in the WCW days, and I do want to see him on NWA again....

Although I believe that there may be more to this story than him just refusing to do the job. Something must have really gone down for them to be sufficiently pissed off to want to cut ties with him.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I highly doubt it was a refusal to job. He's done jobs for everyone in TNA that he's faced...and he was to face Raven...not Shark Boy.

The This is what the Torch site says:

To follow up on this morning's Torch Today item regarding Jimmy Yang's situation, TNA office officials are denying Yang's claim that they asked him to sign over the rights to his name. One office official said he couldn't understand Yang's position, since the company simply wanted him to sign a one night contract to appear on same night's pay-per-view.

Yang refused to say whether another company had told him not to sign, but did saying something about talking with WWE, according to one source. Jeff Jarrett, Jeremy Borash, and Bob Ryder each made separate attempts to convince Yang to sign, but he refused and was eventually told that there was no reason for him to remain at the show

Guest Nanks

Borash alluded to the fact that WWE may have told Yang not to sign anything with TNA in his From The Inside column on nwatna.com

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Despite what the Torch thing says I would imagine that if anyone told Yang not to sign anything it would be whatever promotion it is that he's working for in Japan. With TNA scrambling to get guys like Low Ki, Red, Daniels and Yang every time they are available...I could see that company telling him to be careful what he signs.

I bet its just one big misunderstanding that only hurts me in the long run...because I am a huge Yang fan.

Guest Jonathan Barber
I would've loved to see Red/Raven. At least the crowd would've been alive.

Are you joking? RAVEN and RED in the same ring? Raven wouldn't be able to keep up with Red if his life depended on it. Now, I'm a big Raven mark like everyone else, but come on...If Raven stays in TNA, book him against Sandman again or feud him vs. Jarrett or something like that...

Guest RedJed

I'd actually like to see Raven v. Red, just to see if Raven is conditioned enough to go with him, we might be surprised. He didnt blow up at all against Dinero.

Guest Ace309

It would be a pretty terrible match, imo, but because of the styles clash more than anything else. Sure, Raven's out of condition, but Red isn't exactly a ring general, and their styles don't mesh at all. What you'd have seen was Raven gassing, Red convulsing to oversell a DDT and then popping back up, later, rinse repeat.

Guest Youth N Asia

Raven vs Red would have me ripping my eyes out of my skull. I'm sure Red would take 11 Evenflows and get dropped on his neck a dozen times and still have enough strength to do his big babyface kick out. That's the case in just about every Red match.

Not to mention that Raven 2003 isn't Raven 1997.

God I still hate Red...

Guest eirejmcmahon
Why do you still come in here?

I pay my money for the NWATNA weekly show, and as such feel like I'm in a position to pass personal comment on their product.

Guest RedJed
Why do you still come in here?

I pay my money for the NWATNA weekly show, and as such feel like I'm in a position to pass personal comment on their product.

Why do you continue to bother buying the shows when all you do is bitch about them though? I have yet to see you praise anything they've ever done.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

That was the intended question, yes.

I hate what the WWE does and haven't given them a dime in a LONG LONG time.

It seems odd to spend 40 bones a month to come back here and talk about how bad everything is every week.

Guest eirejmcmahon
That was the intended question, yes.

I hate what the WWE does and haven't given them a dime in a LONG LONG time.

It seems odd to spend 40 bones a month to come back here and talk about how bad everything is every week.

This year has been very lean in terms of quality for NWATNA but I'm hoping they can at least start knocking out quality X-title matches again.

I'm well paid, $40 a month is nothing but having said that, I've set a deadline of Wrestlemania for NWATNA to turn it around (as far as I'm concerned, opinions are obviously going to vary on the quality of the shows thus far this year).

With regards to this topic, my point was pretty clear - if Yang was that worried about working with NWATNA, he would've signed the contract. He didn't so obviously he isn't.

Guest The_Radical

The brightest spot about the whole Jimmy Yang situation is that Julio Dinero is now in TNA. Maybe if him and EZ Money reform the Hot Commodity team the tag division could get a little better. Right now it's almost as bad as the tag situation in the WWE. Face it, Regal and Storm defending against uh, erm, uh, The Dudleys....AGAIN!!! Don't forget that over on SD you've got Los Guerreros (good team) and Team Angle (or Team No-Charisma). Who do you think the belts should be on??? Yeah, I would have said Team Angle too!

The Radical has spoken.

Guest Jimmy Saint

One of the few good things about AJPW last year was Jimmy shouting "Come on Motha Fucker" before kicking people in the face. Why compromise THAT for f'n TNA ?

Guest the 1inch punch
The brightest spot about the whole Jimmy Yang situation is that Julio Dinero is now in TNA. Maybe if him and EZ Money reform the Hot Commodity team the tag division could get a little better

Where is Ez, btw, I havent seen him in a while