TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mister foozel

Artists that are being "pushed too much"

Guest cynicalprofit

If you're video is only played on mtv between the hours of 2-6 am, you're not getting a big push.

Every band now is pretty much pushed at you, its not about what you the consumer want, its about what can be marketed to you and how much of it will you buy. Bands like arvil lang....what the fuck ever, werent signed because of talent, they were signed because some record exe thought they could make money off her. Fuck, Wesley Willis gets to make music because someone thinks they can make money off him.(No disrespect to Wesley, but he's not the most talented musician on the planet by a long shot.)

They sign bands to make money and then bitch when we wont spend 18.99$ on a cd. I think that should be a wake up call to look at talent more then marketablity.

Guest Youth N Asia
I don't know if this counts, but every fucking commercial I see for video games or beer revolves around Andrew WK. It wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't a talentless piece of shit, but there you go.

But AWK is at least fun. Everyone knows he's a joke...but it's a fun joke. I got the cd. :D

If talentless shits like The Backstreet Boys can make a living doing music, then I have no problem with AWK doing the same.

Guest Stennick

Eminem? Nobody has said anything about him? He's my favorite artist but lets look at this, TWO albums with his name on them, a box office hit movie, a HUGE tour, four other NEW songs that he did with other artists, 50 Cent, DMX and lord knows who else. Anyway he's been in more media this year than ANY other artist in any genre of music.

Lata All,

Stennick

Guest spiny norman

I agree Eminem's being overly pushed, but I'd say Michael Jackson is the one artist who's had the most media exposure. 98% of it hasn't been to do with his music certainly, but his album prices have gone up etc. I would actually say he would be the most over pushed considering he's just another washed up has-been who is somehow being construed into still being something.

Guest converge241

That band that is totally aping Weezer The American Rejects or something like that

50 Cent is way overpushed but at the same time he kind of "earned" his push by plugging away

Guest Plushy Al Logan

Nelly

Avril (I can't speel her last name)

Eminem or any rapper

Good Charllotte

J'Lo

Justin Timberlake

I'm glad I havent heard anything on these people in a while:

Christina Agulera

Britney Spears

Guest saturnmark4life

Why people can bash AWK for being any more or less repetitive than almost any other mainstream artist is beyond me. It's just that no one else sounds like him. Coldplay are far more repetitive and have half the talent.