• Nsync
    • Aerosmith
    • Britney Spears
    • Metallica
    • High School Band
    • Paul McCartney
    • Marilyn Manson

Guest Choken One

Although U2 had an amazing Super Bowl show, do you think one these guys/girls would have fared better?

Guest Banky

No contest.  U2 is the biggest, most popular band in the world right now...and rightfully so.  I think it would be the greatest honor of a band to be considered in the same league as U2.  Selling millions of records while satying true to themselves with their music.

Creed claimed they were like U2.  But when they make a record like Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby, then I'll consider it.

There have been records that were just as good as though, but U2 has been on top of the music industry for so long, they just deserve to be called the greatest band in the world right now.

Besides the Beastie Boys, they would be my favorite concert to go see.

Guest Kinetic

Someone was actually able to wade through all of the disgustingly overt patriotism and watched the Super Bowl halftime show?  I started to retch during the pre-game, so opted against Fox for halftime and watched "Fear Factor" instead.  It's a terrible show, obviously, but none of the supermodels had an American flag stapled to their ass so it was a marked improvement.  As far as bands I'd like to see play halftime, give me Belle and Sebastian.  It'd be totally wrong in the context of a football game and the crowd would be completely confused.  SUBVERSIVE~!

Guest Spaceman Spiff

None of the above.  U2 is the best of those listed, though.

Who would I want.  Hmmmmm.......

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Guest Wonderboy

Was I the only one hoping U2 would play "Sunday Bloody Sunday"? That would have been so awesome. I bet the crowd would have went nuts.

Guest Smitty

I second Belle and Sebastian, but in the normal world, U2's just as good a choice as anybody.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

I voted for Metallica. It'd be great to hear "The Outlaw Torn" live at the SuperBowl...although they'd probably end up playing "Sandman" for the 500th fucking time...

Wait...I didn't even watch the SuperBowl. Never have and never will...why the fuck am I even replying?

Guest AaronRock70
Wait...I didn't even watch the SuperBowl. Never have and never will...why the fuck am I even replying?

Ummm because you are some form of rebel and want to make it known to the world you are so anti-mainstream you don't watch the Super Bowl?

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Or maybe because I was bored...

Yes, I think I'm a rebel because I don't watch the SuperBowl...you do see how stupid that sounds, right?