TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

Looks like Goldberg is on his way to WWE

The talk amongst the wrestlers at last night's Smackdown tapings is that Bill Goldberg is either close to signing a contract or has signed one already. Meanwhile, WWE officials continue to say that they have not reached a deal with the former WCW star.

credit: PWtorch.com

1wrestling.com also posted a similar story as well. Saying that people close to Goldberg say he has signed or will sign while WWE officials deny the story.

Guest Super Pissed Smark

Yay! Finally some top-notch wrestling talent brought in. We're saved!

:throwup:

Guest Matt Young

Well, although I hate Goldberg, a match between him and Brock at WrestleMania would be one of the only potential replacements for the Brock/Angle match that would draw significant fan interest.

Guest Brian

Except for taht he wasn't willing to wrestle Brock or Triple H. Unless their moving Rock to go with Lesnar for the vacant title, this move sucks.

This, coupled with the fact that Kurt Angle will be off my TV for a year makes me want to stop watching WWE all together.

I can't wait to see how many workers he can injure in his 2 PPV run. Hooray! :throwup:

Guest notJames

It's looking more and more like 1992…

… the year I stopped watching wrestling.

By the way…

Fuck Goldberg.

Guest TheArchiteck

lol...fuck you in return.

I think it'll be interesting in seeing what they'll do with him.

I was really excited when Steiner came in...and ended up not really caring....

not because of his poor ring performance(like everyone here says)..but of an image of not even being a threat. Has he even won a singles match?

Basically, I'll be happy to see any WCW wrestler that didn't jump over.

Guest Zero_Cool

Heh, Steiner won a match..against Chris Jericho, which happens to be Steiner's best WWE match, and by far. Jericho was channeling Savage or something that night to get ** out of Steiner.

Brock/Goldberg is a bad, BAD idea. Goldberg will get that shock crowd pop and will be heel, but unlike Austin, Lesnar doesn't have that connection with the fans that would make him the automatice face in a feud. It doesn't matter if Goldberg is brought in and he immediately takes down Brock with a taser (har har), he'll be cheered. He's Goldberg, and people mark for the Spear and Jackhammmer.

Guest Downhome
This, coupled with the fact that Kurt Angle will be off my TV for a year makes me want to stop watching WWE all together.

I can't wait to see how many workers he can injure in his 2 PPV run. Hooray! :throwup:

I'd venture a guess of ZERO, seeing how in his entire career, he's only hurt one person (not counting bruises and the such whice everyone gives and takes) , an accident, in Bret Hart, an injury which could have healed had WCW allowed Bret some time off.

Guest ManKinnd

Oh, here we go with the "Goldberg injured Bret = Goldberg injures all" theory. I have not heard ONE badmouthing of Brock, when it was his spot with Angle that was the major cause of his neck injury. Not one. Jeez.

Guest RedJed
Oh, here we go with the "Goldberg injured Bret = Goldberg injures all" theory. I have not heard ONE badmouthing of Brock, when it was his spot with Angle that was the major cause of his neck injury. Not one. Jeez.

Where the hell did you hear that is was Lesnar who injured Angle? From what I gather it was just wear and tear and not just one move that put the neck out of whack.

Well, although I hate Goldberg, a match between him and Brock at WrestleMania would be one of the only potential replacements for the Brock/Angle match that would draw significant fan interest.

Perhaps the WWE made Golberg a huge, huge, huge money deal to come in and do a single job to Brock on top of the money he would get for signing with the WWE and his scheduling demands?

I'd actually want to see Goldberg wrestle Brock for the sheer hilarity of seeing them together. It would be the battle of the dopplegangers.

Guest Will Scarlet

Great. Another "legend" brought in to stop the bleeding. I can hardly contain my excitement. Whoopee.

Guest The_Radical

I don't really see Goldberg doing a job for Lesnar. Then again, I don't really see Lesnar as a major star or a main eventer. He should never have been pushed so fast and it's becoming painfully evident with the passing of each week that he is NOT the guy to be carrying the WWE into the future.

To flip it around though, I am indifferent to Goldberg's forthcoming appearances in WWE (if it's true and he actually is signed). One one hand I must admit that Goldberg was a major draw for the short time that he was on top and, had Nash not been retarded in his booking philosophies, may have been the saviour of WCW. However, at the same time, I cannot deny that Bill Goldberg has no discernable in-ring talent and does not understand psychology. Therefore I could care less about his apparent return, but it won't make me stop watching.

The only thing I really want to see is Goldberg return and stick a cattle prod up Kevin Nash's ass as repayment for that stupid booking back at Starrcade.

The Radical has spoken.