TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Evolution

Promo - Honor

Guest Evolution

(The camera fades in on John Duran, sitting on a bench in what appears to be a park, with the distinct noises of the birds overhead, the flapping of their wings the only sound made as Duran slowly lifts up his head. Duran is dressed in a suit, and as he gets up, he picks up something that is out of the sight of the camera and walks away from the bench.)

Duran: You know, when I was in college with Randy Turner...he always told me that he was going to be a pro wrestler someday. He loved the spotlight, he loved the crowd reactions, and he wanted to become somebody other than just another college wrestler. Myself, I didn't care too much for it. Didn't seem like the right profession to me.

Guess what?

Randy did make it in. He came to the SJL, and I think people realized his potential. I think Randy's downfall was that he just didn't think he was good enough for the fed yet, and he wanted to train some more and come back when he knew he was at his absolute best.

I talked to him once, when he was in Mexico, training. He said that things were going along great, and that he'd be back in top shape in no time...and about two weeks later, he collapsed and died. But, as I reflected on the events that happened leading up to Randy's death...I realized he died doing the thing he loved. He wanted to be a pro wrestler, and even though he was such a perfectionist and thought he couldn't live up to some of the other wrestlers in the SJL, he was happy. He died a happy man.

(As Duran keeps walking, gray slabs in the ground indicate that this is not a park. It's a graveyard.)

Duran: That was when I decided to become a pro wrestler. I knew that I couldn't just let Randy's love for pro wrestling die as suddenly as he did on the mat of that wrestling ring in Mexico. I knew I had to go to the SJL, and carry on that love for the sport. Not only to honor my late friend's legacy, no matter how short it was...but to start a legacy of my own. I want that spotlight now. I've never wanted it before...I was always shy. But damnit, I want that spotlight now. I want to know what it is like to be on top. I want to know what it's like to know that you've worked your ass off, and you've finally got something to show for it. I want that HONOR.

(Suddenly, Duran pauses.)

Duran: And yet, I can't help but feel pressured. I feel like I'm being backed up into a corner, that I'm being forced to fight my way out. Well, that's fine with me. Because I love pressure. I love being backed into a corner. Because I know what my goal is: To become number one. You can bet I'm gonna reach that goal, too, through whatever means I have to. If I have to break my opponents down, leave them a shell of their former selves...I will do that. If I have to injure someone, cripple them, and make them wish they had never decided to face me in the ring...I will do that. Whatever it takes.

That leads me to my match with Aaron Carpenter. Or "Picture Perfect", as he calls himself. Well, I can't say I agree with that. Because Aaron, I see your flaws. You're not perfect. You're not even close. That's why I'm going to exploit your weaknesses. I'll take advantage of them, and I'll beat you into the ground. Don't be fooled, though. It's not that I have anything against you, Aaron. I'm sure you're a nice guy. But you...you are standing in my way. DO YOU THINK, FOR ONE SECOND, THAT I'M GOING TO LET SOMEONE STAND IN THE WAY OF MY GOALS? DO YOU THINK YOU CAN STOP SOMEONE LIKE ME?

...Aaron Carpenter, I will *BREAK* you. I will toss you aside like a worthless piece of trash, and then I will move on. Because I have ambitions, and I have dreams. And I am *NOT* going to let you step on my dreams.

In fact...they're not just my dreams...

(Duran kneels down and the camera follows him as Duran lays flowers in front of a grave.)

Duran: They're Randy's dreams, too.

(The camera swoops down and we see the message on the grave:

RANDY TURNER

1975-2002)

Guest The Last Free Voice

nice. a great look at your charachters motivation. I like it.

Guest Freakish_Twist_Of_Fate

Wow... Very powerfully written, with good motivation behind. If this is indicative of your match-writing skills, us older guys could be in for some trouble. ;)

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

RANDY TURNER DIDN'T MAKE IT!

But it's good to have you back, Ex-Turner. I remember your one match showing lots of promise, so let's see what John Duran can do.

Guest Powerplay

Holy Christ you are good. Everyone in the JL has talent... WHUZUPWITDAT?

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

Ohohohohohoho.

JL > WF, and this guy only adds to that.

...If you get bumped and come anywhere near me, I'll fucking eat you alive, though.

- Taylor "TEH FIERCE~!" Thompson

Sign in to follow this