TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CED Ordonez

Metal comments

Guest CED Ordonez

Match results:

"Deathwish" Danny Williams (Headlock Chickenwing -> Submission) Cutthroat

"The Superior One" Tom Flesher (Table Break) Z

Kojack (Torque -> Submission) Ced Ordonez (Editor's Note: :()

Johnny Generic and Mr. Galatea (Ass-whipping -> w00t! ) Xero, Mafia, Mike Van Siclen, and The Dark Reaper

XF9 (Fame and Fury -> Taylor pins Brody) Clan

Now for my comments:

First I have to say is Kojack...dammit you beat me.

You get props since you're the first to beat me by a fall. Nothing against MVS, but you made my sorry ass tap.

Hellacious yet delicious match you wrote. I've saved it on my computer for further reference because my attempt at No-DQ sucked large.

Flesher and Williams, good matches from you two. I know I'm gonna have to type up gold to win when I face either of you.

And I'm assuming it's Erek that wrote since he got the pin, but XF9 does the Stables Title justice in it's retirement match.

Good Metal show, folks.

Guest HVilleThugg

Just a note from you SWF World Champion:

When writing a No-DQ match, you still have to have wrestling in it.  It can't just be all chairs and ring bells.  There actually has to be some wrestling (or semi-wrestling) involved.

Just a little advice.

Da "knows all his wrestling includes punches and kicks, but still..." H

Guest Ace309

Let me just say that writing a tables match for Z was incredibly difficult, and I think it showed in the quality of the match. If Z had written, I think he would have won.

That said, how would any of you guys have handled it? I thought it was really hard to build suspense, since "the table didn't break" only works once or twice, and I can't have someone move out of the way because if his opponent goes through the table, the match ends.

I lost my match once again....why am I not surprized? Anywho, so when is the Crimson card being posted? (Another match for me to lose at. *heha*) Well...I have a promo that I'm writing, and I might as well get back to it insted of anoying the sh*t out of you all. I'll see'n ya...

--------------

Blane "Cutthroat" Kalem

Wins-(1) Losses-(3)

rock-sel.gif

Guest Shawn

Did the Clan even turn in a match? I've been lost over the whole thing. Oh well...

I guess it's time to try and pick things up so we can move on... as in time to work my storyline one more time.

Cutthroat 3:16 says, "I think...most of my post make me look like a jack-ass."

Guest Chuck Woolery

I can copy-paste now, but it gives me a runtime error every time I type a letter.  Ideas are welcome.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Addressing questions here:

Cutthroat: Don't ask about when a card will be up.  Ever.  Especially when I make posts on the board about when it will be up.  You're new so you're probably not familiar, but back in the day when Merc and Mr. G ran the ML, asking about the card could get you suspended for two shows.  It's just a matter of time.  Cards will be up when they will be up, and that's when the guys who run this League have the chance.  

On that note: I have the card almost totally ready to go, but I'm waiting to hear from a few people before I can post it.  Don't worry--you will all have plenty of time to write for Crimson.

Second, Xero: not being able to paste on these boards is not an excuse for no-showing.  If you have a reason, fine, but don't give up so easily.  In the future you can IM me at Friar Funk, or Crusen at Crusen86, or King at emilvandro, or Thugg at HVilleThugg, or Munich at his name which I can't remember off hand.  We'll have you send it to one of us via e-mail or some other means, and get the match in for you.  Take five minutes of your time in some direction and we will make sure your match gets in.

Third: no match was received from the Clan.

Fourth: guys, I know it was very confusing and all with the boards going down, but if you expect to be 'pushed' or if you want us to be able to give you guys good cards, you need to write matches.  If you're going to no-show, please take the 5 minutes to send a private message to your marker explaining why.  I don't enjoy being a hard-ass, but with the small amount of guys we have in the fed until we get the news post up, a pair of double no-shows makes for a pretty crappy looking Metal.

That's all I've got for now.

Guest WarMachine

Sorry 'bout the no-show.

Combined with the boards going down, my computer access/internet connection has been spotty, at best. With my cable connection going out, and waiting for the repair dude to come by...and with myself having to re-install Windows because of repeated problems, I couldn't get on to finish a match, nor hand one in.

Guest Ash Ketchum

Wow. We wins by default.

OK.

Good show. I'm tired. Finally, it gets posted...

Well, lets get some "real" SJL Metal comments going on here. Like Ash said: It was a good show, and yes it was late but...better late than never, right? But what really suprized me on Metal is that Kojack beat beat Ced Ordonez! I must say congradulations to Kojack for his win over Ced! No offence Ced...

;)

--------------

Blane "Cutthroat" Kalem

Wins-(1) Losses-(3)

rock-sel.gif

Guest Kojack

I WON!??!

Haha yeah it was harsh hardcore. I should i put some wrestling in it but it worked. Well now i got some respect from Apostle cause nobody thought i could beat the all mighty Ced but i did. I say just barley but a win is a loss .... errrr i mean a win:D

I have a felling that Ced is somewhat pissed thou, and hes going to be going after you...BUM BUM BUUUMM!! Watch your back!

PS: Funny sig Kojack!

--------------

Blane "Cutthroat" Kalem

Wins-(1) Losses-(3)

rock-sel.gif

Guest CED Ordonez

Not really pissed about losing actually. Kojack put me over real well and made me do stuff I don't normally do. For instance, doing a moonsault off a ladder to the outside is something I never would imagine my character doing, but there I am doing it in Kojack's match.

I'm actually a little glad I lost this No-DQ match. I'm more of the mat-based style of match writer and the match I wrote against Kojack was completely lame compared to Kojack's. I only used chairs and brawling and Kojack went several levels above me in a match that made both of us look good. I got alot of inspiration from just that match alone.

Kojack, thanks for the good match and I'll be ready for the near death No-DQ experience next time.

Guest HVilleThugg

I'm going to be completely honest with both of you here because I think it'll help you get better.

Don't take offense.

Both of those matches left something to be desired.  Like I said before, there was very little wrestling in either.  Kojack's match won because it was better, but I know that it wasn't his best work.  And from what I've seen, that was no where near Ced's best either.  Both of you took the no-DQ thing too far, basically turning the entire match into a hardcore match.  No-DQ matches are not hardcore matches.

I don't want either of you to take offense by that, as I do not take away from what both of you have accomplished so far.  You are both very talented and will go places.  I just think that saying this will benefit both of you, and everyone else in the JL.

I'll say this to everyone...No-DQ means no disqualification...not hardcore.  It means you can get away with a chair shot or a shot with the title belt...but throwing trashcans and signs and the kitchen sink into the ring to start the match is too much.  You have to keep the integrity of the match stips.  If you do that for no-DQ matches, then what will you do for hardcore matches?  See my point?

Ok, I'm done with my arrogant rant.  You may now go back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Oh, and Ced...I did notice that Kojack had your character doing some things he wouldn't normally do.  However, it just wasn't enough to take his win away.  I noted it when I marked it, but when it came down to it, taking off for it didn't make a difference in the decision.  However, Kojack...take note.  As a rule...you lose major points for not going by your opponent's stats, at least with my marking scheme.  You should be very careful about what moves you do that may take your opponent out of character because it's highly frowned upon, even if it makes for a good spot.  Nine times out of ten, it's enough to make you lose.  Not being mean, just something to keep in mind.

Da "should probably shut up" H

Guest realitycheck

First off, I'll apologize for no-showing again, but when life sucks, there isn't a whole lot you can do about it. In the future, I'll try and PM, or something, my match marker.

Right! Now onto something different.

Flesher: Wow. What can I say? I think you're just being modest, there is almost nothing I could've written nailing the characters better. You earned that one, me NSing or not. And you're also right, writing a tables match with Z is nigh impossible. When I was planning it, I was really concerned about the ending, I couldn't think up anything better than Tom doing the Iconoslam/Flying Headbutt combo, and going through a table by accident. The erratically written offence is also ALOT better than the fomulamatic(sp?) match I had plotted out. Add in the fact that I had problems writing any commentary, I wanted to swich to a prose writing style, and I wasn't motivated, for some weird reason, all factored toghter for a NS. Of course, starting to write a match one day before the original deadling can't help either...

Good stuff. But I'm sure we'll meet again, and when that happens... Euh heh heh heh... Heheheheheh. Aha, hahahahahahah... GWA' FWAHAHAHAHAH--(Cough! Sputter! Choke!)

I'll comment on all of the other matches, after I, y'know, actually read them.

Guest Longdogger_Pete

Rankings Top Ten

#1. K-Os (57)

#2. Renegade (45)

#3. Erek Taylor (43)

#4. (tie) Lady Red (38)

#4. (tie) Low Brass (38)

#6. Ash Ketchum (35)

#7. Flunkmasta Flexxx (26)

#8. Xero (25)

#9. The Dark Reaper (17)

#10. Mafia (14)

Guest Coffin Surfer

Yeah! I won.  So has my commentary improved at all, I am really trying to catch on.

Guest Insanityman

I'm gone too, and off the rankings *sniff sniff* well I hope I can return soon enough. No offense to anyone, but that was hardly an impressive show. I was a bit dazed on the whole Spider thing at the end (didn't really see Spider ran into JL land to save their asses) but an impressive match never the less. The whole No DQ thing, don't care but Kojack congrats. Finally, I had no clue that improvising certain moves if it was believable enough could get massive points off. Heh, you learn something new every day.

Who in the blue he|| is this guy? How much ya wanna bet this guy is going to post on here once and never again? Unless he is a veteran that no body knows.

Guest Ace309

Who's who, Cutthroat?

If you mean Longdogger, maybe you should watch the SWF and Community/General boards a little more closely.

And, not that I've got a ton of clout over you, but I'd say you're really in no position to be telling people what they can and can't post.

Guest HVilleThugg

Note to Cutthroat...

Never...EVER in your life insult Insane Luchador again.  He's been holding down the JL since you were in diapers!  When you insult him, you insult me.  So don't make me find you and rip your heart out with a rusty spatchula!

Da "loves threatening people he's never seen" H

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Dude, Cutthroat, you have such bad timing.  Heh.

But you walked right into that one.  Ouchie.

Oh, thats IL? I had no idea...my deepest appolages then...I didn't know that was IL. I don't go onto the General boards much...sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry....

...sorry...

Guest ErekT2k

Uh huh, that show sucked. Uh huh, why? Because it sucks when you find out that your opponent didn't write for it. That just means your win is tainted, and I hate that.

#### you Clan.....

Guest Renegade

Deep....i mean Cutthroat, for crying out loud, think before you post ok? it saves you the embarrassment...especially when you say something about my good friend IL like that.

Sign in to follow this