Jump to content

Has the Gore changed?


Recommended Posts

Guest Steviekick
Posted

When I was watching Smackdown the last two weeks, I noticed that the way Rhyno gores someone has changed. He still runs up to them and all, but it seems more like (or is more noticable) that he knocks his opponent down more with his arm. Kinda like a weird hooking clothesline or something.

 

I checked some ECW tapes from late 2000, and the gore then seemed like it was like a running shoulder block/tackle.

 

Obviously, he'd want to change how he delivers it so there would be less impact on his neck. Any thoughts on if the gore changed or am I just hallucinating?

Guest ViciousFish
Posted

I kinda thought the same thing last week when he gored Matt Hardy. It looked really bad in my opinion the first time I saw it but when I watched the replay this week it didn't seem so bad. But hell, I wouldn't blame him for changing it. I've been paralyzed for a few seconds and it scared the shit outta me, I couldn't imagine facing that fact everytime I wrestled a match. Not that I wrestle or anything.

Guest Choken One
Posted

It might have been nerves...or maybe he will permantly do it that way...It still is effective...it's the intensity of the way he hits it that makes it good...

Guest Steviekick
Posted

It's still effective and I'm glad he's trying to still do it without it being something that would hurt him again.

 

It would propably look better if they shot it from a different camera angle. Usually it looks like they show it from the perspective of looking over the shoulder of someone getting gored, and that shows the lack of contact with it. it would propably look much better from a side angle with more of a medium shot.

Guest Youth N Asia
Posted

Let him get back in the swing of things before you rip on the fella's gore...he's only been back on tv two weeks.

 

And it was harder in ECW...but everything was that way in ECW.

Guest Steviekick
Posted
Let him get back in the swing of things before you rip on the fella's gore...he's only been back on tv two weeks.

 

And it was harder in ECW...but everything was that way in ECW.

I'm not ripping on Rhyno. Just something I noticed.

 

BTW...I'm now using the pic of Eddie and Mikey in your message is now my desktop picture it rocks~! :headbang:

Guest Lightning Flik
Posted

It's been a year since people have taken the Gore. They have to remember that it has to be sold differently than a spear. And add that Rhyno's probably not wanting to take a scary bump thus ending up like Orton (back and gone just as quickly), it probably won't look quite great for a little while.

Guest Youth N Asia
Posted
Let him get back in the swing of things before you rip on the fella's gore...he's only been back on tv two weeks.

 

And it was harder in ECW...but everything was that way in ECW.

I'm not ripping on Rhyno. Just something I noticed.

 

BTW...I'm now using the pic of Eddie and Mikey in your message is now my desktop picture it rocks~! :headbang:

Glad I could help...My Mikey banner stopped working, so I needed a new Mikey pic..and the only thing better then a Mikey pic is a Mikey pic with Eddy in it.

 

Times the word "Mikey" was used: 5

Guest Trivia247
Posted

Maybe they are toning down the Gore so it won't Show up Goldberg's Spear when that Bastard does come in. The Most Credible Spearjob as a finisher Was the Rhyno's Gore and they don't want a Newbie wrestler turn Main eventer to be shown up by a more talented mid carder.

Guest Raven_Effect01
Posted
Maybe they are toning down the Gore so it won't Show up Goldberg's Spear when that Bastard does come in. The Most Credible Spearjob as a finisher Was the Rhyno's Gore and they don't want a Newbie wrestler turn Main eventer to be shown up by a more talented mid carder.

Well, triple fuck Goldberg for being signed, having a "no job" list, and being jealous of someone else's "Spear"(actually a more powerful version of the Spear) just so he won't whine like a bitch about it.

Guest netslob
Posted

what i STILL don't get is how Rhyno managed to hurt his neck, when he doesn't HAVE one!

Guest godthedog
Posted

i didn't see smackdown this week, but i hope rhyno did tone it down. i wish benoit would take a cue from it too and find ways to pop the crowd not involving the flying headbutt or 12 german suplexes.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...