TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crowe

Promo - Painting The White To Grey

Guest Crowe

Welcome back to my world, let me once again take you on a guided tour.

It’s nighttime. It’s very dark, and rain clutters against the ground. A black silhouette of Crow can be seen, sitting quietly in a chair on his verandah. The faint smell of tobacco roams through the air and the cigarette’s cherry is the only source of light. Markus raises his cigarette to his lips, and sucks back – filling his lungs with condensed smoke. The cigarette paper dwindles as the cherry eats its way up to the BUTT, the cherry sparking up in an eerie red/orange light revealing Crow’s piercing gaze into nothingness.

I stay awake to decide, are you coming back? Am I doomed to only live this sanity? I can’t fucking see, I can never pull yourself from me... I can’t focus.

The cigarette has reached its end, and Crow butts it out in his ashtray. A small noise of flint scratching emanates from the darkness and fire appears. Crow lights the small candle next to him, and the candle flickers away in the shallow wind. The light reflects off the walls, and the various surroundings. Crow’s face becomes apparent, scabbed wounds and small cuts just beginning to heal are littered over the side of his face.

You’ve left me feeling so empty, so worthless and so needing... you don’t know how it feels to be left dead on the inside, where it matters the most. I am dead to you.

Markus’ face shrivels up and becomes one of anger, he slams his fist down against the table!

“YOU TOOK MY HEART AND USED IT AS A TOOL!” screams out Crow, a tremble vibrates through his voice.

He clutches at his hair, pulling it... his eyes close and tears slowly stream down his face. The tears fall and hit the floor, the droplets breaking apart on contact. Each droplet breaking seems like a strike of thunder; and it is too much for Crow to bear as he buries his face in his hands.

You can’t find love, you can’t cry tears... and you cannot live without someone by your side. Cannot live without someone that you can hurt.

The rain stops.

A ghostly silence falls upon the world.

Crow blows out the candle, and it’s like a scene from John Carpenter’s Halloween. He stands up, and walks into his apartment – the chilling cold finally getting to Crow, he was only wearing a button up shirt and thin pants. Markus lights the three long candles of the candelabrum hung on his wall and unattaches the candelabrum. He walks around his apartment, pacing around in any direction – until he stops in his bedroom... Crow sees himself in the mirror.

He places the candelabrum on his drawer, and sits down in front of the mirror. Markus gazes into the mirror, seeing his own scarred reflection. He trails his hand across his face in the mirror, and spreads his fingers out – masking his face. Crow looks down and removes his hand from the mirror. He opens a small drawer... Markus looks at the underside of his left arm, his ever present track marks from his time of heroin abuse tormenting him.

A vision of a psychopathic with a needle crawling on the bloody bathroom floor... I know somewhere out there someone cares... wanting me to get my head out of the clouds. Somewhere...

These scars will never clear.

Crow raises a needle into the air. Flashes of happy times flicker in his head, he and Natasha play...

He flicks the needle and remembers what is used to be. Crow and Natasha passionately kissing and caressing the lips of one another; the feeling of bare skin rubbing against bare skin, the closeness and warmth of her touch...

Markus runs the needle tip across the underside of his arm. His body shivers with remnants of shadows of the past resurging in his mind. Images of he and Natasha now fluidly flowing in and out of his mind...

*CRASH!*

Crow screams out and punches the mirror, breaking it into pieces... he whinges and hunches over! He throws the needle down into the ground and it smashes on connection. He shoots up and pushes the possessions lain on the drawer aside; a roaring scream of agony emerges from Crow’s inners.

“YOU THREW IT ALL AWWWAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!”

Crow falls to his knees and hunches forward, his face and hands hitting the edge of the drawer. He gasps and gasps for air.

I need to feel the shame in what it was that I did...

Markus looks up and into the mirror once again. A broken man looks back, a fallen man, a man who has felt shame.

A man who has felt shame.

I have felt the shame...

All the self-pity leaves Crow's body and the hatred for those who have betrayed him suddenly reappears in this broken man.

Natasha... I do not wish you well. I do not wish a better life and a better relationship for you. In fact, I wish nothing but pain, suffering and tribulation. I wish the same upon your new partner, Dace Night... but when I think about it, I do not need to wish that. As on Wrath, I will put him through that myself...

Crow stands up with a purpose, he stands up on walks back out into living room... he walks over to his glass doors, looking out into the night. A fire burns in Crow’s eyes as he glares out...

And Janus... you seem to have no remorse in you, it’s the only thing you know... but I have cracked through the demon, and I will expose it. I will paint the white to grey.

”I’m in a daze caused by pain... A failing force that wants to change! Painting the white to grey! Numb body shivering... Blood dripping from the skin! Painting the white to grey! Painting the white to grey!”

And Janus... you seem to have no remorse in you, it’s the only thing you know... but I have cracked through the demon, and I will expose it. I will paint the white to grey.

:D

Bloody great promo. That's all I can say. Bloody......Great.

Guest Thoth

What the fuck? Argh! Why don't you just go kick ass instead of crying! Stop crying! Kick ass! And no track marks, dammit.

Guest realitycheck

Fantastic. Fantastic. Let me say it again: Fantastic

Seriously, that was a truly incredible promo. Who'd have thought that Crow, a man one with pain, could still be slain by a knife through the heart?

That said, I guess this leads to one question: Did Muzz dare you to try and write a more anguished character? Or what? ;)

-Z

Guest Pa|adin

I always admire it when someone delves into a character so deeply as you have here, it seems they're bringing across a part of themselves when they do.

Your promos are some of the best here, keep it up my friend.

Sign in to follow this