TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CoreyLazarus416

Recent purchases

Guest evenflowDDT
my next purchase will be Columbine in April

No it won't. MGM has cancelled the April release and no new release date has been announced yet.

Do you guys mean Bowling for Columbine or a different movie?

Oh yea, my Devil in Miss Jones DVD is arriving in a few days. Hopefully I can get the money to cover it from my hawking my copy of Jack Frost, since another auction of it is going for $20 (!) and Amazon's ZShops sells it for $40 (!!!!). Don't these people know it's being reissued in two weeks? Erm, not to be dishonest but for my sake I hope not. I need the money ;)

Guest Ravenbomb

payment hasn't been sent or anything but I just bought Suicide Circle off of a guy on Ebay.

Guest El Satanico

I just used Best Buy's 2 DVDs for $25 deal to buy Citizen Kane(se) and Unforgiven(se). Good thing this thread is here or I wouldn't have known about this deal.

I've been wanting to get Citizen Kane for awhile, but I've been waiting for it to go on sale.

Guest Bruiser Chong
Just recieved five of those WWF/WWE DVD's from the Canadian Wal-Mart deal from Tim Moysey (Treble Charged). In the batch, I got Unforgiven 2001, Hardy Boyz, Backlash 2002, InVasion, and Judgment Day 2001. They're the Canadian versions, but as far as I know, there's no real difference aside from the cases.

Guest razazteca

Just bought the Black Belt Theater Yuen Family Collection double feature of Drunken Tai Chi & Dynamo by Ground Zero.

Drunken Tai Chi was in wide screen and had good video with minor scratches but not as bad as say the cheap Bruce Lee videos. The only problem with this movie was that it was in mono audio and dubbed without subtitles....but who cares for the low price of $8, right. The movie is a must for fans of the Drunken Master series as Simon Yuen plays the Tai Chi Puppet Master, who takes Donnie Yen as his pupil after he destroys his puppet stage.

Let me break it down Joe Bob Briggs style, we got:

Fat Girl Tai Chi

Puppet Master Fu

Basket Ball Fu

Break Dancing Lock-N-Pop Fu

I have yet to watch Dynamo which stars the fake Bruce Li in a Yuen Family production.

Everything is 20% off at the Wiz cuz its going out of business around here, so I stopped by. I figured hey...might as well pick up some wrestling DVD's that I've wanted for a while, so I got The Rock: Just Bring it SE and WWF Action, cuz I mark out for the 2001 skits.

Dames

Guest areacode212

They're up to 20% now? I went there on Saturday, and they were only at 10. Hopefully they won't be cleaned out by the time I hit that place.

Guest converge241

"Do you guys mean Bowling for Columbine or a different movie?"

yeah Bowling i was being lazy :)

no april release :(

wtf? technically it should have been on dvd either feb or march (based on when videos hit in relation to when the theater run ends)

Guest C.H.U.D.

I got my Bloody Birthday DVD in the mail today. Woohoo! Anamorphic widescreen!

Guest tank_abbott

Office Space, To Sir with Love, Waterproof (VHS)

The Big Red One (DVD)

Guest kingkamala

I bought the two Teen Wolf movies on one DVD a week ago at Borders for $11.99, kind of a waste of money I know but I mark for the 80's. A week before that I bought Suburban Commando at Wal-Mart on DVD for $9.99, I must say I marked out when I found it.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Pre-ordered "Futurama: Season 1"

Got "X-Files: Season 6" off e-bay for $61

Guest godthedog

yesterday i picked up 'the lady from shanghai'. i've watched about 2/3 of it with commentary. the print looks to be in great shape. and tomorrow i'm gonna go pick up 'breathless'.

Guest Eyeball Kid
Oh yea, my Devil in Miss Jones DVD is arriving in a few days.

You're gonna be disappointed if you're hoping for some eroticism.

Guest areacode212

Hey Dames...which Wiz do you go to? And do they have any good box sets left? I went to the one on 97th St. today, and all the box sets I wanted to grab at a 20% discount were gone: Six Feet Under, Highlander, the Kurosawa 4-pack, The Shield, etc...

The one on Fordham Road in the Bronx. I've got to check out the sets. I know they had Highlander and some others left.

Dames

Guest C.H.U.D.

I bought a Stepfather 2 DVD off eBay, so I'll probably get that in the mail next week.

Tonight I went out and got 8-Mile because it was at its cheapest.

Saturday I picked up The Fan ($6 at Wal-Mart, never seen it but wanted to, it was cheap enough), My Big Fat Greek Wedding and South Park: The Complete First Season.

Lately I've been getting a few DVDs a week, but I don't know if I'll be rushing out again soon.

Guest Bruiser Chong

The Fan was a big disapointment to me when I saw it. Granted I only have seen it once and that was a few years back, but I don't have good memories of the movie. For $6, I guess it's fine, like you said, but I wouldn't even pick it up at that price.

As for me, things have been a little slow lately (waiting for 3/25), so I've only recently got Suicide Kings from eBay for a whopping $2.25 plus s/h. Nothing at all wrong with the DVD or box, and I've heard some good things about it so I figured what the hell?

Guest Miss Indy Queen

I picked up 8mile, Survivor Series 2002, Armeggedon 2002 at best buy. I just ordered OZ season 1 and 2 on DVD because my mom wants to watch it, go figure!