Funaki b Johnny Stamboli

Shannon Moore b Matt Stryker

Bill DeMott b B.J. Payne

Matches scheduled for the show:

Team Angle vs. Mysterio & Kidman

Rhyno & Chris Benoit vs. Los Guerreros

Rikishi vs. Chuck Palumbo

Big show & A-Train vs. Funaki & Tajiri

During the commentary on Velocity (much of which will be done later in studio), Josh Matthews, when talking about Angle-Lesnar just said the two were about to square off when a big surprise took place.

The show was re-written today and the plans for Angle-Lesnar were what was totally changed.

Guest Mole

If Heyman was still booking Smackdown, I'd have faith that he would book the Brock/Angle thing well.

Since the other dude is, I don't have much faith.

Guest Anglesault
If Heyman was still booking Smackdown, I'd have faith that he would book the Brock/Angle thing well.

Because he was doing such a great job with his feud up until when he got canned

Guest Mulatto Heat

Actually, I thought the Benoit/Rhyno vs. Team Angle match was booked spectacularly, with all four competitors looking credible, something that hasn't happened in a Team Angle match for several weeks.

If that's the mark of the new bookers then I say Kudos to them.

Guest Frankie Williams

I bet I know what the surprise is......Angle goes to hand over the title to Lesner, but HHH comes out and says that HES the only one a title should be handed over to, so Vince names him WWE champ.

Guest tpww7

Tonight's SmackDown! taping from Kurt Angle's hometown of Pittsburgh, PA. opened with a video montage building up the WWE title match scheduled for the main-event tonight. The video package showed Brock Lesnar arriving to the building, as well as Kurt Angle.

Guest tpww7

Team Angle vs. Rey Mysterio & Billy Kidman

Said to be a very solid match. Ran about 6 minutes or so with Team Angle getting the win via pinfall over Rey Mysterio and Billy Kidman.

Winners via pinfall - Team Angle

Guest tpww7

Rikishi vs. Chuck Palumbo

Said to have been a pretty sloppy match. Nunzio and Johnny Stamboli were in Palumbo's corner as usual. The FBI tried getting involved, but Eddie Guerrero and Chavo Guerrero Jr. came out to even up the sides. Rikishi got the pinfall over Palumbo.

Winner via pinfall - Rikishi

Guest Choken One

I'm thinking the surprise is Kurt's Been stripped of the title or Benoit will get in the fight and they are making it a Three way at Mania or something...

Guest tpww7

Backstage, Nathan Jones is shown sitting alone as if he were in jail. Undertaker finds him and tells him they need to get ready to watch the next match so they can do their homework for their match at WrestleMania. They basically gave off the impression that it's Nathan Jones and Undertaker vs. Big Show and A-Train at WrestleMania, since Show and Train are in a tag-match up next that 'Taker and Jones are going to "scout".

Guest tpww7

A-Train & Big Show vs. Funaki & Tajiri

A-Train and Big Show got the win over Funaki and Tajiri. Said to be a pretty boring match, but didn't run too long so it wasn't that bad.

Winners via pinfall - A-Train & Big Show

Guest tpww7

WWE did a spinoff of a "Fan AXXESS" type event as they showed a video package of last week's steel cage match between Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman. Immediately after, they went cut to outside the building where fans were being asked who they thought would win tonight during the WWE title match between Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar. Despite being in Angle's hometown, the majority were said to be for Lesnar.

Guest Kotzenjunge

Fucking hell, way to make the new FBI group credible, just as they'd gotten a win for themselves.

Guest Choken One

Well, Good. Call Me crazy but I am glad they have confined the 4 Hosses to one match. However, If Atrain pins Jones...Is Taker still unbeaten?

Guest Anglesault
Fucking hell, way to make the new FBI group credible, just as they'd gotten a win for themselves.

Oh, it's Johnny the Bull and Chuckie. Cry me a river.

Guest Retro Rob
Well, Good. Call Me crazy but I am glad they have confined the 4 Hosses to one match. However, If Atrain pins Jones...Is Taker still unbeaten?

They will probably just say that the Taker was never pinned at WM or something ridiculous like that.

Guest Nevermortal

My thoughts exactly, 'Sault.

Guest Kotzenjunge

Why bother putting the three guys together with a new gimmick and making new music and video for them? To help Rikishi look stronger? HE NEVER LOSES!!!

I think I'm more upset about Rikishi going over someone again than FBI being the victims.

Guest Will Scarlet

Ah well. At least Velocity should good. But Funaki, Tajiri, Hurricane, and Shannon Moore all getting a win in the same week? Has the world imploded yet?