Jump to content

Why Rock vs Booker was cancelled


Recommended Posts

Guest RedJed
Posted

Booker got a rub from Rock from winning the battle royale.......if Rock couldn't get a promise that Booker was going over at Mania, I can totally see his point. He already put him over once, why do it again if its all for naught? They can establish Booker as a threat without Rock jobbing to him again anyway.

 

Like someone mentioned, I think he took a notice from him putting over Jericho last year to then see him get the bury job by HHH then. His jobs to Jericho were absolutely POINTLESS in the whole scheme of things.

 

I think the gist of Rocks argument also is that he's seen enough talent get the HHH treatment and he wont be a pawn in that Game, pardon the pun. The Hurricane thing will help out Helms, but at the same time its not going to move him into super stardom so Rock is just fine there as far as protection goes.

Guest Anglesault
Posted
Who cares.

 

This time next month Booker will be back to doing nothing on RAW and HHH will still be smirking.

 

On top of that...Booker isn't such a great wrestler that I need to see him against Rock anyway.

Booker T and Rock always work well together and it would've much better then Hurricane v. Rock was. I don't appreciate Rock trying to fuck with a Wrestlemania main event that he is NOT involved in and doesn't affect him in the slightest

I appreciate Rock fucking Triple K over.

Guest bob_barron
Posted

Did jobbing to Jericho three times kill Rock? No

 

Would jobbing to Booker have done anything to Rock? No

 

Rock hates HHH with a passion but it's not his right to fuck him and Booker over. He's not involved in the match so he should BUTT out and do as told. Or else- don't come back and go make another movie.

Guest Vern Gagne
Posted

I didn't read all the post so sorry if this was asked.

 

Since Booker T didn't beat the Rock, does that mean he's beating HHH at WM.

Guest RedJed
Posted
Who cares.

 

This time next month Booker will be back to doing nothing on RAW and HHH will still be smirking.

 

On top of that...Booker isn't such a great wrestler that I need to see him against Rock anyway.

Booker T and Rock always work well together and it would've much better then Hurricane v. Rock was. I don't appreciate Rock trying to fuck with a Wrestlemania main event that he is NOT involved in and doesn't affect him in the slightest

He's actually trying to help out Booker, believe it or not. Plus we would have likely seen the finish of Booker-Rock the same as it was with Hurricane-Rock. That would have hardly given much of any rub to Booker T anyway.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21
Posted

Unless you haven't watched WWE in the last year...

 

It doesn't matter how strong Booker looks going in to a match with HHH...because EVERYONE looks the same after the match.

Guest bob_barron
Posted
Who cares.

 

This time next month Booker will be back to doing nothing on RAW and HHH will still be smirking.

 

On top of that...Booker isn't such a great wrestler that I need to see him against Rock anyway.

Booker T and Rock always work well together and it would've much better then Hurricane v. Rock was. I don't appreciate Rock trying to fuck with a Wrestlemania main event that he is NOT involved in and doesn't affect him in the slightest

I appreciate Rock fucking Triple K over.

I don't. I think it's ridicilous to let a feud with HHH ruin a good RAW main event

Guest Trivia247
Posted

Well gee loooky who is playing politicting games..

 

Rock should have taken on Booker T and Lost to booker T because Rock wasn't feuding with Booker T in the first place, and would further the angle between T and HHH and Rock vs Austin.

 

That whole plan last week was bad anyway that criss cross match if Rock wins he gets HHH whatevah.

 

and that logic that because HHH would beat Booker T who beat Rock would make Rock feel bad. Thats crappy logic and its like the WCW hiring Mikey Whipwreck and then let him sit out for 8 months then only bring him in during a PPV match where he loses to Billy kidman so they can say that Kidman beat the guy who Beat Austin in ECW

 

Everyone beats everyone over time.... Who CARES.

Guest bob_barron
Posted
Who cares.

 

This time next month Booker will be back to doing nothing on RAW and HHH will still be smirking.

 

On top of that...Booker isn't such a great wrestler that I need to see him against Rock anyway.

Booker T and Rock always work well together and it would've much better then Hurricane v. Rock was. I don't appreciate Rock trying to fuck with a Wrestlemania main event that he is NOT involved in and doesn't affect him in the slightest

He's actually trying to help out Booker, believe it or not. Plus we would have likely seen the finish of Booker-Rock the same as it was with Hurricane-Rock. That would have hardly given much of any rub to Booker T anyway.

I don't see how he's trying to help Booker though

Guest RedJed
Posted
Did jobbing to Jericho three times kill Rock? No

 

Would jobbing to Booker have done anything to Rock? No

 

Rock hates HHH with a passion but it's not his right to fuck him and Booker over. He's not involved in the match so he should BUTT out and do as told. Or else- don't come back and go make another movie.

Its not about protecting himself and his character..........it should be obvious even by the Hurricane job that he could give a fuck less about himself, he knows no matter what that he will still be over.

 

He was trying to make a point about the HHH stroke in the company, and how that can be played off as a bad thing is beyond me. He was trying to make a point that the belt should be off of HHH and people need to be elevated, but for the purpose of the COMPANY, not for more HHH domination.

Guest Anglesault
Posted
Who cares.

 

This time next month Booker will be back to doing nothing on RAW and HHH will still be smirking.

 

On top of that...Booker isn't such a great wrestler that I need to see him against Rock anyway.

Booker T and Rock always work well together and it would've much better then Hurricane v. Rock was. I don't appreciate Rock trying to fuck with a Wrestlemania main event that he is NOT involved in and doesn't affect him in the slightest

I appreciate Rock fucking Triple K over.

I don't. I think it's ridicilous to let a feud with HHH ruin a good RAW main event

Why should he go out of his way to help HHH ruin the company?

 

This way he makes it a little harder for HHH, and end result is the same.

 

Letting Booker pin him wouldn't help Booker anyway

Guest Zero_Cool
Posted

Besides, if Booker beat Rocky, we would've just seen HHHematoma (sp?) go on a twenty borefest about how beating The Rock is nothing, and then he'd count every single time he went over The Rock.

 

At least Rock stuck it to Trips.

Guest BoboBrazil
Posted

As I've been saying, Booker will not beat HHH at Wrestlemania. HHH will only lose the belt to Austin or Kevin Nash.

Guest jester
Posted

This match idea should have been vetoed before it was announced for Raw to avoid disappointing the fans, but I think in the end the reasoning makes sense.

 

If Booker beats Rock now, they pretty much rule out a feud post-WM. Booker will have already beaten Rock, so what? This way, even if HHH wins or retains the belt at WM, Booker has something to do after that match. A face Booker vs. heel Rock would be an interest feud, especially if Booker has a belt.

 

And because it can't be said enough, at WM HHH better fucking job. Clean. Decisively. With no grumbling during the booking meeting.

 

You know what would be funny though? The Booker/Rock match goes on. Booker loses. Booker beats HHH at WM. Therefore:

 

Hurricane > Rock > Booker > HHH.

 

Suck on that, HGH.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21
Posted

I'd take Austin out of that sentence then agree with you.

 

I also think he'd lose to a short list of people like Kane who he knows pose no threat.

Guest Celtic Jobber
Posted

Booker T. has to job for Triple K at Wrestlemania? Oh... my... God! I fucking hate Triple H!

 

I hope Triple H is the next and most severe victim of the recent WWE injury curse.

 

 

:headbang:

Guest El Satanico
Posted

So it would've been better if Rock kept his feelings on all of it silent and let HHH go about his business of burying threats with no political opposition?

 

So it's ok for HHH to do as he does, but Rock's wrong for not ignoring it and minding his own business?

Guest bob_barron
Posted

I never said that. Triple H isn't in the right either.

 

Rock has no business getting involved with a feud that doesn't concern him

Guest Retro Rob
Posted

Considering HHH is not OFFICIALLY going over, Rock should have shut up and done the job. The guy picks when he wants to work already, so he may as well do as he's told. Even is Booker beat HHH clean and HHH went over at Mania BY CHEATING (which he probably will), that would not have lifted HHH's heat significantly.

Guest El Psycho Diablo
Posted

How do we know HHH won't win at 'Mania?

 

Again, it's the WWE's fault for putting Rock in a feud that he didn't have anything to do with. Hell, he's laid down to lots of people (Jericho) and look what happens to them afterward.

 

If they AREN'T going to do anything with these guys, what's the point of Rock..a much bigger star than HHH..jobbing?

Guest bps "The Truth" 21
Posted

I'm glad it happened for a couple reasons.

 

1. When Rock isn't around NO ONE stands up to HHH's shit. No one has anyway.

 

2. Why can't they build to the match by making Booker look strong...AGAINST FUCKING HHH!!!!! That's what should happen...not using the rest of the roster to make Booker look good so that he can lose.

Guest RavishingRickRudo
Posted

I think the Jericho point is right on the money. HHH made Jericho look like a joke after Rock made him almost look credible (the NM01 was probably Jerichos peak). Why should Rock let lightning strike twice? Not to mention HHH never returned the job after Rock and Foley made him into the uber-heel he was in 2000 - he turned face then turned heel and got away clean.

Guest the pinjockey
Posted
Rock has no business getting involved with a feud that doesn't concern him

This feud does concern him though. Once it was decided he would do a job to a guy to make HHH look better in the end he had a right to give input into that angle. This isnt like HHH saying that Cena shouldn't slap McMahon when Cena was feuding with Jericho and HHH had no affiliation with it.

Guest bob_barron
Posted

I don't think it does because Rock isn't fighting in the blowoff. And again- it's not set in stone that Triple H is going over.

Guest RavishingRickRudo
Posted

Does this remind anyone of Hart/Michaels? Just the whole "I won't do this for you cause you won't do this for me" kinda thing..

Guest Brian
Posted

Yeah, but it's a Triple H feud so it's always assumed he's going over.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21
Posted

The Torch also said that HHH only took the Booker T match at Mania because all the big name guys were taken. I don't know why people think Booker has a chance in hell. It's not like HHH woke up one day and said "Gee...all the big names are gone and I have to settle for Booker T. I guess I'll put him over!" Nash returns after Mania. That belt goes NOWHERE

Guest the pinjockey
Posted

I think if they had plans for Booker T to go over at WM and told Rock that then he would have had no problem jobbing since it would have been for some purpose. But do to the fact he refused I would assume they told him there were no plans for Booker to come out on top.

Guest bob_barron
Posted

Things change though- I just don't think Rock should be sticking his nose where he doesn't belong.

 

Considering he only has to do what he wants- He shouldn't be picky about who he jobs to anyway.

 

Couldn't Rock have spoken out against this before they made the match so as not to piss off the viewe with ANOTHER bait and switch tactic

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...