TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JMA

Which country is the biggest threat?

Which country is the biggest threat?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which country is the biggest threat?

• Iraq
    • Saudi Arabia
    • Iran
    • North Korea
    • communist China
    • Other

Guest JMA

Which country, in YOUR opinion, is the biggest threat to the US and the rest of the world?

Guest Powerplay

May I ask if you are speaking of the Government of the country, or the people within the country? Just to ask.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

I voted for North Korea, but the more I think about it, the more I think France.

Not that France will do anything, but they are the biggest roadblock in actually doing something about the countries that are threats.

Guest snuffbox

I voted 'other'. The biggest threat to the United States is the United States, no comedy about it. Our leaders (Im looking directly at you Johnboy Ashcroft) need to really grab hold of reality. The poplulous needs to inform itself that we have real leaders in the Senate and House and that they need to be the ones at the top of the politico heap(Russ Feingold).

North Korea doesnt even have electricity or food. Legit war with them would be a week tops.

Iraq is the national equivalent of Peter McNeely.

China isnt doing anything.

Guest Vern Gagne

The people don't like or trust the Congress. People still have more faith in President Bush, than they do in Russ Feingold or any other congressperson.

Guest snuffbox

Thats the problem Vern. The American people need to know who their REAL leaders are/can be. Its our responsibility to know/understand the facts of our own lives. We are our own worse enemy when we continue to be spoonfed our leaders and no questions asked.

Guest Spicy McHaggis

Saudi Arabia. Saddam won't exist in another month. And Arabia is a haven for terrorists.

I say MOAB that country. Then deal with Iran.

Guest Brian

China's been so quiet lately and ut looks like they have a hand in the North Korea situation.

Guest Some Guy
North Korea doesnt even have electricity or food. Legit war with them would be a week tops.

And several million dead S. Koreans.

I;m not sure what "legit war" means, but the only way to defeat the N. Koreans without allowing them to destroy the South is to Nuke the shit out the North without notice. We can't have all this UN bullshit if we are going to go to war with them. It has to quick, to the point, and a complete suprise. N. Korea has had about 50 years to arm the de-militarized zone, if we tip our hand even hours before we launch an attck they'll destroy Seoul and kill millions of people.

They may be the biggest threat but they can't be dealt with realistically the same way that Iraq, Iran, Arabia, etc.. can.

I don't see the Saudi royal family as that big of a threat because they aren't stupid enough to openly attack America, I do see all the terrorists that they harbor as a huge threat however. And if the "Bush Doctrine" means anything they'll be on the list pretty fucking soon.

Guest nikowwf

NORTH KOREA

Not only would there be lots of dead South Koreans, Japan would take a beating from ballistic missles. They get off one missle not shot down that hits Tokyo...damn that would be the most fucked up thing possibly ever.

IRAN

Iran is on a collision course with Israel. Iran shoots nuclear missle at Israel, Israel retaliates all over middle east...both israel and all their enemies are puddles as the radiation floats toward Europe. Scary fucked up shit.

All of this, btw has been brought on by a succession of presidents who didn't do anything until shit blew up in their face. Bush is no different, he got a 9/11 wakeup call which started him after these nations.

niko

Guest Vern Gagne
May I ask if you are speaking of the Government of the country, or the people within the country? Just to ask.

That's exactly what I was wondering.

JMADreamer help a brother out.

Guest JMA

That's exactly what I was wondering.

JMA help a brother out.

Both.

Guest phoenixrising

North Korea.

Mostly because their leader is completely off his rocker and I could believe him launching a nuclear weapon, or starting the reunification of Korea with a huge invasion.

Another possible nightmare: India and Pakistan. Both countries have clashed often, and still dispute the territory of Kashmir. And they both have ICBM's. Bad possible scenarios there.

Guest j.o.b. squad

i say north korea. there is not a single good way to invade them

To the east and west they got water and i seriously don't think washington wants a d-day style invasion.

To the south they got a border with the worlds largest concentration of artilary(acording to my brother who served in the army and was stationed in south korea) they also have a large amount of chemical wepons which woude be their first response.(also acording to my brother)(i also seriously doubt washington wants cnn beaming back pictures of 20 year old soldiers dieing of nerve agents) and to the north you have a country with the largest military in the world(man power wise)

Guest phoenixrising

Not to mention the tunnels the North Koreans have constructed under the DMZ that could funnel troops behind the DMZ to hit the defenses from the backside.

I don't doubt that the U.S. would eventually beat the North Koreans but it would take a long time to get enough forces in there to do it. North Korea isn't very advanced technologically, but they make up for it by having a huge military. They would be defeated but it wouldn't be a piece of cake.

Guest redbaron51
I voted 'other'. The biggest threat to the United States is the United States, no comedy about it. Our leaders (Im looking directly at you Johnboy Ashcroft) need to really grab hold of reality. The poplulous needs to inform itself that we have real leaders in the Senate and House and that they need to be the ones at the top of the politico heap(Russ Feingold).

Iraq is the national equivalent of Peter McNeely.

China isnt doing anything.

100% agree with Snuffbox here. The biggest threat against USA is actually USA.

China isn't going to do anything, and if so, it won't be after 2008, or 2008 (reads too much Tom Clancy)

Iran is harmless, and are not that stupid to piss off USA.

Saudi Arabia is harboring terroists (so is Syria, Jordan) but the actual country is not doing anything.

North Korea: Could start something, might see Korean War II, but actually firing nukes might be the dumbest thing ever.

Canada: Will take over the world secretly

Guest MrRant

I vote for pussified countries that are to wrapped up in the possibility of their people dying to actually right the wrongs in the world.

If they don't want to participate. Fine. Leave us to do what we will then.

Guest Crazy Dan

Iran is actually a complex country. On one hand you have the clergy whom are Islamic-fanatics. They are very Anti-West, Anti-Isreal, Anti-US. On the other hand, you have the youth of Iran, who have shown that they are very Pro-West. They are screaming for reform and a yearning for Iran to move into the 21st century. I think that many would love it if Iran opened up relations with the US. It's a situation completely opposite of the one that happened almost two decades ago in Iran. Back then it was a strong Conservative-Islamic movement that basically kicked the US out, and established a very conservative religious country.

Then Iraq decided to attack Iran, and many of the Revolutionaries were killed. So much of the spirit of the 1979 revolution was killed off. And because of this, much of the youth (people under 25) did not grow up with this Islamic faith. It was like they grew up with an open mind, and what they saw in the West was more positive and not the Great Devil, as the Ayatollah spoke about.

So I think that Iran could be a valid US ally, if the youth movement is successfull. Being that they are the huge majority in Iran. And Iran could become the blueprint for all Islamic Countries to move toward modern reforms.

If anything, it's the clergy of Iran who pose all the danger, but if a certain youth movement was to receive some aid from some certain Western countries, then Iran could change without our military involvement.

Guest The Hamburglar

If, through some miracle, the Iraq war is actually over quickly with minimal Iraqi casualties and some semblance of democracy takes over in Iraq, I would expect Iran to turn fully democratic within three years. As you said, the youth of Iran won't stand the oppression by the clergy for much longer, they already flout many of the Islamic rules. Another major factor that separates Iran from the other hotbeds of Islamic terrorism is the fact that Iranians are caucasians rather than Arabs, and IIRC they have a different form of Islam. If Iran and Iraq became neutral or pro-US, the Middle East situation would look very bad for Saudi Arabia.

Guest evenflowDDT
IRAN

Iran is on a collision course with Israel. Iran shoots nuclear missle at Israel, Israel retaliates all over middle east...both israel and all their enemies are puddles as the radiation floats toward Europe. Scary fucked up shit.

...except for the fact that Iran doesn't have any nuclear weapons.

I voted North Korea because they DO have nuclear weapons, and given that they've increased their amount of "idle" nuclear threats seemingly every week, one of these days they're going to actually use them. Why are they so starved for nuclear holocaust?

Guest Tyler McClelland
Iran is actually a complex country. On one hand you have the clergy whom are Islamic-fanatics. They are very Anti-West, Anti-Isreal, Anti-US. On the other hand, you have the youth of Iran, who have shown that they are very Pro-West. They are screaming for reform and a yearning for Iran to move into the 21st century. I think that many would love it if Iran opened up relations with the US. It's a situation completely opposite of the one that happened almost two decades ago in Iran. Back then it was a strong Conservative-Islamic movement that basically kicked the US out, and established a very conservative religious country.

Then Iraq decided to attack Iran, and many of the Revolutionaries were killed. So much of the spirit of the 1979 revolution was killed off. And because of this, much of the youth (people under 25) did not grow up with this Islamic faith. It was like they grew up with an open mind, and what they saw in the West was more positive and not the Great Devil, as the Ayatollah spoke about.

So I think that Iran could be a valid US ally, if the youth movement is successfull. Being that they are the huge majority in Iran. And Iran could become the blueprint for all Islamic Countries to move toward modern reforms.

If anything, it's the clergy of Iran who pose all the danger, but if a certain youth movement was to receive some aid from some certain Western countries, then Iran could change without our military involvement.

Agreed, and I argued this a few days ago.

Nice dissertation.

Guest starvenger

I totally agree with this. I'm not saying that the US has to become a non-threatening country but you really need to look inward and ask why everyone seems to dislike the US.

Tangential hypothetical question: If George W. Bush won the election clean over Gore, would we see as much anti-US/pro-(insert home country here) sentiment as we do now?