TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CanadianChris

The One and Only March Madness thread

Guest CanadianChris
I filled out my brackets last night.

Kentucky over Syracuse 87-84 in the final.

That's freaky. I had Kentucky over Syracuse 87-74.

Guest hardyz1
That's freaky. I had Kentucky over Syracuse 87-74.

<Keanu Reeves>

Whoa.

</Keanu Reeves>

Guest Choken One

Logic says Go ahead RIGHT now and switch Weber and BYU...Why because it still leaves 3 days for the office pools. No one is stupid enough to turn it already...This way...You avoid ANY scandal....

Maybe we're getting to far ahead but if BYU beats UCONN, You better believe Stan/Diego will get EVERY call their way.

Guest Choken One

Also I should Note...A coworker of mine already shown me his bracket...Idiot and he actually made me think... His final Four...

He doesn't believe in #1 seeds....or twos...

He goes with

Marquette

Duke

Xavier (Homer)

Louisville

BTW...Any one have one those idiot goofballs that enters and do the dumbest bracket just to win the Last Place bonus just because winning something is better winning nothing...

Guest Crazy Dan

I think the only team possibly to make the Final Four in your co-worker's bracket is Marquette and maybe Duke... but I think there will be at least two number ones in the final four this year (Kentucky and Zona)

Guest Vern Gagne

I picked on ESPN, CNN, TSN, CBS, and Yahoo so my Final Four is different.

My actual picks are. Arizona, Kentucky, Florida, and Syracuse.

Arizona 83

Syracuse 74

Guest CanadianChris

Words we don't hear very often...

I concur with Vern Gagne.

Guest Vern Gagne

Words we don't hear very often...

I concur with Vern Gagne.

Should I be offended by that comment :D

Andy Katz reported that the selection committee didn't intend to place Arizona and Kentucky on the same side of the bracket, but thought they where placing Kentucky in the South when they saw Nashville has a host site. With the new regional pods, Nashville was the midwest and not the South.

Yeah I heard about that Kentucky snafu, that's just stupid, how many f'n resources do these guys have? Yes BYU's is obscure, but they should have had some checks, but not knowing where a site is and where that puts the region is terrible!

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

My final 4 is

3 Syracuse vs 6 Maryland

1 Arizona vs 2 Pittsburgh

Chamionship Game

2 Pittsburgh vs 6 Maryland

Im debating on Just taking Pittsburgh to win since I have a feeling they will win it all anyway. If I get my bracket right enough that the final is indeed Pittsburgh vs Maryland, and Maryland wins, I could care less that I had the final wrong because Id be happy that Maryland repeated.

Guest NoCalMike

I hope Maryland wins it all, but I seriously doubt it. Their inside game sucks. Their 3 big men are basically crap, and have been seeming to get worse as the season goes on. The good thing though is it seems every year in the Tourny, guard play is the key factor, and Blake/Nicolas are a very good duo. I am pretty sure they will dance into the Sweet 16 with relative ease, but once there, I am scared.

Guest NoCalMike

When we they figure out if BYU is changed or not. We have to turn in our office pool by Wednesday.

Guest Crazy Dan

After doing a little more research, and I think that the final four will go something like this:

Zona vs Kentucky ( game of the year candidate)

Oklahoma vs Maryland

I still think that Kentucky is playing the best basketball right now... and so I think that they will beat Oklahoma this year.

Guest Flyboy
My projected finals are:

Pittsburgh vs. Syracuse

:lol:

EDIT: Duke Vs. Texas here.

Edited by Flyboy

Guest hardyz1

My final four is Kentucky, Arizona, Texas, and Syracuse, with the final stated in my previous post.

Guest Vern Gagne

What is the condition of Hollis Price. I saw he was injured at the Big 12 Championship.

Guest Flyboy
What is the condition of Hollis Price. I saw he was injured at the Big 12 Championship.

I think he has a slight groin pull and a sprained ankle.

I think he should be fine by the tourny, however.

Guest Vern Gagne

I'm wondering if Oklahoma has enough offense. Also what kind of inside game do they have.

Guest Flyboy
Also what kind of inside game do they have.

None.

That's why I don't have them going to the Final Four.

Edited by Flyboy

Guest The Czech Republic

On BYU:

Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. The NCAA can't bend over backwards for the Mormons. If they don't come to play, they forfeit, end of story. If Hank Greenberg played on Rosh Hashanah, the Cougars can play on Sunday.

Now if the college was run by the Church of Scientology, I'd fold like napkin. They make ambulance-chasers look like they just sit on their ass all day...

Guest CanadianChris

It's official...UNC Asheville is in the field of 64 after a 92-84 overtime win over Texas Southern. Their reward? Getting slaughtered by Texas on Friday afternoon.

I think I went with Texas to win it all and just because everyone seems to pick them as a "sleeper" I had Maryland getting upset in the first round just for the hell of being different. Also had Duke getting dropped in the first round just because you gotta figure they'll choke in the first round one of these years.

Oh and no one gives a rat's ass about the women's tournament but good lord could ESPN have picked a more annoying song for their promos for the women's tournament? They air that damn commercial every break. I I I I I I I I I I can't stand it.