TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trivia247

With War probably starting tonight...

Guest Trivia247

As we know Smackdown got preempted for most of us in the US because the Propaganda netword (Fox) needed a half dozen more tv channels to be on so we can all listen to Bush say the same shit over and over.

Do you think with the War probably starting tonight that Our beloved Raw (Coughs heh) Will get yanked off the air because Fox needed TNN to submit themselves for their Right wing Needs to Celebrate going to War?

Guest Jobber of the Week

No. Not unless something massive happens.

I remember when 9/11 was going down, having to look to the premium pay movie channels to find something to watch when I didn't want to just sit there and look at the buildings burn.

Guest T®ITEC

TNN has never pre-empted their programming for the President before. Why would they start now?

Guest Jobber of the Week

Also, why in the hell did you doublepost? It's pretty hard to doublepost here, seeing as how the Post button greys out and all when you do it.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I would doubt it. They usually leave cable channels alone no matter what is going on. The Gulf War didn't affect USA IIRC.

Guest Trivia247
Also, why in the hell did you doublepost? It's pretty hard to doublepost here, seeing as how the Post button greys out and all when you do it.

Just when I Post I got that Fatal Error msg that the board only takes certain amount of memory blah blah then I clicked reload and it posted twice

Sorry

Guest oldschoolwrestling

I heard that if the war is one during the NCAA tournament, TNN will be carrying some of the basketball games, along with MTV, Nickelodeon, and some others, while CBS airs war coverage.

Guest mickberna

I seriously doubt it. Bush is giving his speech at 8, and since TNN isn't a major network, I doubt they would mess with a live show.

And what exactly does Fox have to do with TNN or UPN? Those are Viacom networks. If Fox was the only news entity allowed at the press conference, then other networks would ask to use the feed, but it has nothing to do with Fox wanting to increase their audience.

Guest EternallyLazy
As we know Smackdown got preempted for most of us in the US because the Propaganda netword (Fox) needed a half dozen more tv channels to be on so we can all listen to Bush say the same shit over and over.

Do you think with the War probably starting tonight that Our beloved Raw (Coughs heh) Will get yanked off the air because Fox needed TNN to submit themselves for their Right wing Needs to Celebrate going to War?

Hey, I got a GREAT idea! Why don't you keep your political opinions out of it?

Guest T®ITEC

Really! You and Rob Reiner, I swear to Jeebus...

Guest El Satanico

Unless there's nukes flying our way Cable won't get interupted.

And if there's nukes flying at us...fuck Raw, I need to get my ass to the liquor store to buy a case of Jack Daniels for my end of the world party.

Hopefully there's no unexpected nuke launchs sent at us...because I'd be extremely pissed that my end of the world party will have to be rushed and will be cut off early.

Guest El Satanico

who knows what he'll ramble on about tonight...Kinda like a Scott Stiener promo

Guest Trivia247

NEVAH!!!!

Leftist Nuttery Shall Rule BWAHAHAHAHAHAAH

with our Dictator...HAKU!

Believe me if I wanted to get Political I'd be worse than that.

Im just asking because FOX News did take over UPN for the President speech and we are getting another one tonight and they did say a few weeks ago they would be taking over cable networks for War coverage.

Guest EternallyLazy

Really! You and Rob Reiner, I swear to Jeebus...

How dare you speak that way about the man... the myth... Rob Reiner

Guest AndrewTS

I love that idea, as well. Not all "right wingers" are for the war, even.

Guest AndrewTS
Unless there's nukes flying our way Cable won't get interupted.

And if there's nukes flying at us...fuck Raw, I need to get my ass to the liquor store to buy a case of Jack Daniels for my end of the world party.

Hopefully there's no unexpected nuke launchs sent at us...because I'd be extremely pissed that my end of the world party will have to be rushed and will be cut off early.

Saddam doesn't have the technology to shoot nukes at us from Iraq. Now, if he came to Cuba...

Guest T®ITEC

Hey everybody, it's the Cuban Missle Crisis, PART TWO: "Now it's personal. BAH GAWD!"

Okay, is this thread invented so that you can bash Fox or because you have a valid idea?

Why the hell would TNN preempt anything?

Guest Choken One

How does FOX affect WWE? They HAVE zero connection with them...

Even if bombs are doing back and forth tonight...Raw will stand proud....

However, I was wondering are any WWE rosters in any way involved in the war as Reserves or anything...Just wonder if Vince would try to Actually face to face with the G'vent if they tried to take his precious Bill DeMott away...He might volunteer RVD for the front line however...

Guest T®ITEC

Would any wrestlers/crew have time to be in the Reserves? I don't think any of them would, due to their schedule. They work a lot of weekends, and I think that's when you do your time in the Reserves.

Guest Mole

Along with Jericho.

TNN will only get new coverage if another 9/11 type of event happens.

Guest teke184
Would any wrestlers/crew have time to be in the Reserves? I don't think any of them would, due to their schedule. They work a lot of weekends, and I think that's when you do your time in the Reserves.

God forbid Road Dogg get recalled to active duty...

Guest The Czech Republic

"Chris, go defend your country."

"But I'm from Winnipeg!"

"That's your excuse for everything."

Guest RubySoho50

Raw will stand proud...? :huh:

You didn't say that... TELL ME, YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT!!!

whether the war to pay bush's oil company buddies happens or not, Raw will not stand proud. (well it could, but it won't)

Guest JMA

Actually, I would prefer it if he DID put his political opinions in it. Also, bashing Fox News is appropirate at any time, in any folder. Anyways, back to the war.

JR: "Welcome to RAW! Tonight, RAW IS WAR!"

Guest snuffbox

No. No preemption of Raw for tonights speech. Unless theres some insane catastrophe.

Guest AndrewTS

Raw will stand proud...? :huh:

You didn't say that... TELL ME, YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT!!!

whether the war to pay bush's oil company buddies happens or not, Raw will not stand proud. (well it could, but it won't)

Hey, we all want cheaper gasoline, don't we?

"Chris, go defend your country."
"But I'm from Winnipeg!"
"That's your excuse for everything."

Jericho is a native-born American--his mother was in a Detroit hospital when he was born. He has lived most of his life in Winnepeg, though.