TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Evolution

PROMO - The Pursuit of Gold

Guest Evolution

John Duran stands in his locker room, a stern look on his face as the camera slowly moves closer to him.

Duran: “Ever since I was a freshman in high school, I have been involved in wrestling. Whether it is amateur or professional, I’ve kept on wrestling, and if not wrestling, practicing, day in and day out. Once I entered the SJL, I knew that this was going to be my time, finally. Finally, I would rise to the top, and become the superstar I had always dreamed of becoming. Two matches later, and I have a record of 2-0, and I’m lined up for a shot at the TV Title against Omega Storm and Terry Wayne. It seemed like a sure thing, I thought I had that match won even before I stepped in that ring.

However, I was wrong.

Terry Wayne, the one man I never saw coming won that match. I was so focused on Omega Storm, so wanting to destroy him, that I only pushed Terry out of the way. Now I don’t have that Television Title. That Television Title should be in my hands right now, but it isn’t.”

Duran looks down at the ground, getting an angry look on his face and balling his fists, before turning to his left and letting out an angry scream and punching the mirror to his left, shattering it on impact, drawing his fist back before snapping his neck back towards the camera.

Duran: “DAMNIT, do you know how long I have worked to get some recognition, Terry? Do you have any idea the hell I’ve gone through to get to this point in my career, only to have someone like you get the best of me? However, do you know what breaks me up the most? Terry, what gets at me is that I was the one that gave you that shot at the Television Title. I was the one who made Geddion scream for mercy because of the Break Point. I DID ALL THE WORK.

I know you heard me when I said that all of those who get in my way will crumple at my feet...and I think you know that you, Terry, you are standing directly in my way right now. This time, Wayne, it's only going to be you and me in the middle of the ring. One-on-one. And you will fall. Because that belt deserves to be around my waist.

Moreover, what's this with your newfound liking for the fans? I hope you haven't gone soft, Terry. Because I want you to be in the best shape when I destroy you.

You do realize that I'm going to destroy you, right? Do you see this blood?"

Duran thrusts out his right arm, showing his bloody fist to the camera.

Duran: "If you're not careful, Terry, the next time you see this blood, it will be your own. Your blood will stain the wrestling mat a deep red as you lay there, broken down and DEFEATED. Remember this, Terry. I might've carried you into that Television Title match, Terry, but now, I just might have to leave you with only one option of leaving that Television Title match. If you force me, Terry, I will make sure that the only way you leave Mellon Arena on Sunday night will be on a stretcher.

I know you're a fighter, Terry. They don't call you "The Dark Rebel" for nothing. Nonetheless, I urge you to give up. Give up now, before I am forced to disable you. You may have the mental game, Terry, but I have the physical game, and I tend to play games rough.

In closing, I hope you enjoy that belt, Terry. I hope you cherish it. Come Sunday night, it will become the property of yours truly.

Be prepared, Terry Wayne. John Duran is coming for you and your belt."

The camera zooms out to get a full shot of Duran, his fist still dripping blood as the camera fades to black.

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins
Duran: “DAMNIT, do you know how long I have worked to get some recognition, Terry?

One week? :)

Promo Rating: (y)(y)(y) out of (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Very good, grasshopper. Telling everyone how you were in wrestling your whole life, and getting the TV title means a lot to you. You'll get it soon enough. The only thing though was that it was rather short, and I find punching a mirror way overused. But not bad. Not bad at all....

Guest Crowe

Ooooooh, nice. Really good self motivation promo... it seems that you're going to kill the Dark Rebel.

Good luck with that, matey. :)

Sign in to follow this