TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Smackdown spoilers

Guest Tony149

That's why Ric Flair is the greatest wrestler of all time. He could talk & wrestle. Although, he was repetitve in the ring, but he made guys look good and carried slugs to *** matches.

Guest Choken One

Bad Wrestler? No that's Ben...Ah, fuck It, Maven's a bad wrestler but it's only one year and he's about 90% up to Beniot's level.

Guest JAMES900

Yeah people seem to forget mavens had only about 1 year in the buisness I bet he accomplished the most of anyone in there first year wrestling.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I subscribe to the HHH conspiracy file that the RVD chants are edited because he is more over than HHH...who is main eventing WrestleMania.

They can't turn him heel...(although it may effectively kill his career...so they probably will) his moveset isn't condusive to it.  Is he supposed to hit one of his big moves and the crowd is going to boo?

Jericho got huge over too...and the IC belt 4 months after arriving.  So he was FAR more appreciated then RVD.

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

See: Angle, Kurt

Anyways.....eh.....as long as the Undertaker is on his back being pinned for 3 I don't care. It's just good to see him get pinned once in a while. I like Heel UT....because heel's always job in the end.

Guest Tony149

I wouldn't be surprised if the WWF is editing out RVD's cheers if he's more over than HHH. I remember Chris Jericho's Raw debut in 1999 and he got a bigger reaction than HHH did that night. And HHH was main eventing Summerslam.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I don't like to start HHH conspiracies...OK yes I do...so here it is:

The first report of RVD's cheers being edited came on a Smackdown taping that followed a Raw that saw RVD curtain jerk (mind you he has not been pushed/feuded/or anything in forever) to a HUGE pop...followed by HHH interupting a Jericho promo to modest pops. (mind you he had just won the Royal Rumble)

It's bad for business when a midcarder is that much more over then the guy who is suppossed to be the Main Event Face at WrestleMania (arguably the most important position in the company for the first third of the year or so...)

hmm....

Guest Tony149

I don't know. I don't think HHH is sitting in the back watching for guys who are becoming a threat to his "spot". If he is...Kevin Nash taught him well.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Hey...RVD was running wild until January 7th (HHH return date)

He was super over until the editing started (after he out popped HHH after the Rumble)

He had a program started with Jericho that the crowd was real hot for...and that vanished on January 7.

He had been wrestling guys like:  Jericho, Austin, Rock, Angle, Taker before 1/7/02

After:  Edge (and jobbing too), Regal (jobbing & non title), Test, and various tag teaming.

hmmm.......

Guest Kagato Otaku

Poppa -  No one was "beeetcing" about Maven to begin with. So I don't see how you can defend your comment in the context of the thread up to that point. Your logic does not resemble our earth logic. But whatever.

I'm digging how the WWF struggles like all hell to get guys over, but when one finally does, they rush to edit his cheers so he won't sound "too over." I'm not one of the RVD "conspiracy theorists", but I can see their POV when the guy's being handled this way. Why you would put RVD over Rock/Austin/Undertaker/Kane/Angle/Jericho and THEN hit the panic button is beyond my scope.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

I don't like RVD, but it does appear that his pops are less lately.  I don't know whether it is because they are being edited out or because he's curtain jerking.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Well...the people that go to the shows have been complaining that he's getting much bigger pops than show up on TV...but his pop has to be suffering as a reult as well...how couldn't it?

If the WWF is trying to kill his pop...they are certainly pulling out all of the stops.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

I know, but I haven't seen it personally so I can't accept it as fact just yet, and I haven't heard of a reliable source complain about having seen it first hand.  If you attend a TV taping and notice the difference, then I will believe you.  But until then, its just speculation.  

For the record, I'm not saying that the WWF is not editing out his pops, but there hasn't been enough to convince me that they are, yet.