TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

Shows in Texas during April 2003

I'm lucky enough to be making it over to Texas for a couple of weeks between the 4th and 17th of August.

I would really like to watch some live wrestling while im over there. I dont really care what it is, as long as I can get there without too much travelling.

Im staying in houston. I know that the Texas Wrestling Academy exists in San Antonio (right?) and I have heard that Dory Funk and a few other guys run the odd show in Texas.

If anyone has any info, or knows of a way I could find out more info, then please respond to this post.

Cheers very much,

ChUnK!

Guest ShooterJay

If there's an ETW show, I recommend that- Rudy Boy trains his guys well.

Theres an ETW show on the 2nd, so I miss it by a few days :(

Hopefully they will have another one shortly after.

There is a show by Texas All-Star wrestling though.

Does anyone know any of these guys:

MAIN EVENT

Lumberjack Strap Match for the

TASW Championship

Bobby 2-Badd -vs- Michael Strider

Big Manu -vs- Hugh Rogue

"Wildcat" Scoby Gober

-vs- ZenZen

Chris Allen -vs- Bubba Lee Travis

Voodoo the Xecutioner

-vs- Tony Montana

TAG TEAM MATCH

Bret Basics & Justin Blaze

-vs-

General Agony & High Roller Hayze

ChUnK!

Guest ConspiracyVictim

Yes, I will probably be there at that TASW show also. It will be pretty good but its gonna be crowded, at least the others were. Its in a Bingo Hall in Humble (you may have trouble finding it because its just a little outside of Houston and Texas isnt exactly the easiest place to navigate). The shows are always fun, but the wrestling isnt exactly A+ quality. We dont get much down here though so we take what we can get. ETW never runs in Houston, but it did run in Beaumont a few times. Even if they did have a show in San Antonio or anywhere around there thats still WAY far (about 2 1/2 hours away). I think you will enjoy the TASW show although its not especially that great. You should have been here last year when EWF was running shows with Eddie Guerrero, Rey Misterio, Steve Williams, Scoot Andrews and guys like that. It was good stuff. Also earlier this month there was a CMLL show that no one could find info on and last year AAA came to town (and I went and it was fun, even if the wrestling sucked).

Ok, thanks for the advice.

Do you know of any other shows that will be on while im in Houston.

Also, will I need to contact them and pre book tickets, or will it be fine to pick them up on the door?

ChUnK!

Guest ConspiracyVictim

It will be fine to just pick tickets up at the door man, but like I said, get there on time because it may be crowded. Also I cant really tell you if there will be any other shows here while you are in Houston. WWE comes here about every two months or so. WOW (Warriors of Wrestling) is usually up and running during the summer so they may be having a show (and if im lucky i may be working at it bc that is where I will be training starting in May). So I will keep on the lookout for stuff and if anything comes up I will try to contact you .

It will be fine to just pick tickets up at the door man, but like I said, get there on time because it may be crowded. Also I cant really tell you if there will be any other shows here while you are in Houston. WWE comes here about every two months or so. WOW (Warriors of Wrestling) is usually up and running during the summer so they may be having a show (and if im lucky i may be working at it bc that is where I will be training starting in May). So I will keep on the lookout for stuff and if anything comes up I will try to contact you .

Awesome, that would be great. Thanks. Just PM me if you find anything :D

Don't forget I am in Houston between the 4th and 17th of April.

Also, do you have any web links for the promotions you just mentioned?

Cheers,

ChUnK!

There is a show by Texas All-Star wrestling though.

I went to this show in the end. It wasnt bad at all. The wrestling wasnt great, but the fans were into it in a sort of markish way (well most of them anyway).

The people there though, were some of the most hospitable people I have ever met, and really made sure I left with a positive image of the promotion.

Did anyone else go? Conspiracy Victim, did you? Where you the guy shouting abuse at the yound Justin kid? lol :D

ChUnK!

Guest ConspiracyVictim

Nope, I was at a track meet the day of the last show so I couldnt make it out but I wish I did. Yeah the fans are great, mostly bc most of them have been going to shows for years now. They are really into it. Damn, wish I was there, would have tried to meet up with you but oh well. Oh yeah how were the matches? Do you remember any of them?

Nope, I was at a track meet the day of the last show so I couldnt make it out but I wish I did. Yeah the fans are great, mostly bc most of them have been going to shows for years now. They are really into it. Damn, wish I was there, would have tried to meet up with you but oh well. Oh yeah how were the matches? Do you remember any of them?

Damn yeah, you should have gone. I do remember some of the matches.

Look back at the thread for the whole card. The wrestling wasnt brilliant but the main event wasnt bad at all. I saw a blade job from ZenZen coming from a mile away, and he just sooo wants to be Austin its unreal :D

The Xecutioner was over as hell with the girls there, but someone said it was prom night, so not many people made it to the show. The ring announcer was a nice bloke and gave us a shout out for being frm the England.

Wild cat Scoby Gober took a sick chair shot, and he still looked dazed during the interval. Speaking of intervals, there were two of them? Watsupwivdat?

It was a good night, a lot of the fans seemed a little marky, but I would go again in a shot if I could :D

Youll have to keep me up tp date with there upcoming shows, I hear Kamala is working the next one, I havent seen him in years lol :D

ChUnK!