Chunk

ROH 22/03/03 thread

Ring Of Honor - March 22nd - Philadelphia, PA 

Ring Of Honor

March 22, 2003

Philadelphia, PA

Murphy Rec Center

7:30pm belltime 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROH Title Match

Samoa Joe vs. Xavier (Champion)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FWA Title Match

Doug Williams vs. Christopher Daniels (Champion)

ROH Tag Team Title Match

Mark & Jay Briscoe vs. AJ Styles & The Amazing Red (Champions)

Jody Fleisch vs. Low Ki

Six Man War

Homicide & Da Hit Squad vs. Samoa Joe, CW Anderson & Michael Shane

Tag Team Grudge Match

Raven & Colt Cabana vs. CM Punk & Ace Steel

Special 4-Way Attraction

Matt Stryker vs. BJ Whitmer vs. Dixie of Special K vs. Alex Arion

Plus more with Special K, SAT, Dunn & Marcos, Carnage Crew, Hotstuff Hernandez, Alexis Laree, Allison Danger, Simply Luscious and more!!!

Any thoughts on the card. (I dont think it has been posted yet?)

I must say that it looks really good from point of you.

Williams/Daniels should be awesome, and is the match that us FWA fans have been waiting for ages to see. :angry: Shame it isnt on an FWA card.

I think there is a chance the (FWA) title could change hands. But they may wait until the ROH/FWA show in a few months time. I would much prefer to see the title change hands in England, and they may wait for that reason.

The match is now also for the #1 contenders trophy, so it should get a lot of time, and will no doubt be awesome.

Fleisch Vs Ki for the first time ever also looks incredible. Man I envy anyone going to this show :D

Can anyone see Xavier dropping the belt tonight?

And lets not forget that it has been almost 3 months since ROH ran a show in Philly! This one is going to be incredible.

ChUnK!

Guest Nevermortal

I hope Williams/Daniels is better than their first encounter, which kinda felt a little bleh.

Fleisch & Ki should be nuts.

Briscoes v. Redstyle should tear the roof off the fucking place. All four men are phenomenally good.

And here's to hoping that Samoa Joe gets the title from Xavier.

Guest JHawk

The Daniels-Williams match is also for the #1 Contenders Trophy, with the shot coming 4/26 in West Mifflin, PA (just outside Pittsburgh).

There's a part of me that kind of wants to see how they'd play off Xavier vs. Daniels.

Guest Nevermortal
The Daniels-Williams match is also for the #1 Contenders Trophy, with the shot coming 4/26 in West Mifflin, PA (just outside Pittsburgh).

There's a part of me that kind of wants to see how they'd play off Xavier vs. Daniels.

Well, once before Daniels was in a #1 Contender's Trophy match, and the idea was if he had won, he would keep the trophy and not take the shot (so no one could take the title from the Prophecy).

This time, if Daniels wins, I think Samoa Joe might just take Xavier's belt to set up Daniels/Samoa Joe (from Corino's faction).

Guest JHawk

They could easily run an angle where Daniels is either forced to defend the trophy on April 12 or, since they've already announced a date for the match, that he has to take the match with Xavier.

Guest ShooterJay

Much better candidates than Joe have failed to take the title from Xavier.

Paul London (twice- and he had an ungodly amount of heat and momentum both times) and AJ Styles (arguably the biggest name in the indies).

So I don't see a title change here. Xavier/Daniels might happen, because Daniels might be pissed at Xavier for the tag title loss. That would be a sweet match.

I'd really want to see the tape of this, because Ki/Fleisch will be off the charts, so will Briscoes vs. Styles/Red, and the Hatebreed vs. Cabana/Raven match should have a ton of heat.

And memo to RF: Find something for Stryker and Whitmer to do, because they're both useless in their current roles.

I think I did mention the #1 contendership trophy stip in my initial post. Anyway, this show is looking so so sweet.

I would check it out for the FWA match alone, but Fliesch/Ki will be incredible. I cant think of a better way to get the FWA exposure in the US, than by a card like this :D

I hope they dont put the belt on Williams tonight. They really really need to save it for a Uk audience. With respect to you guys accross the pond, you cant really appreciate a title change as you most likely wouldnt have seen any of the build to it. With ROH VS FWA around the corner, I would love to see Daniels dropping the belt to Williams in the main event there.

Out of interest, has anyone (who didnt know about the FWA before) been made to take notice of the FWA via this joint venture with ROH? Im just wondering how succesful it has been.

ChUnK!