TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Maurizio C... Version 2

A super idea for the site

why don't you guys just kill the whole #### thing? I'm being serious. leave the forum (that's got a life of it's own) and the chat and that's it. Erasing the site would adavantage a lot of people, indeed.

1) The fans that would no longer sit through Hyatte-wannabe Scotsman and his asinine pieces about whom he fucks and how much he masturbates a day. Dude, I liked x wrestling and still read lethal, but once upon a time there was a strict line between low brow wrestling sites and quality ones. (thanx to hyatte for starting up this BS and then leaving when things were getting hot...)

2) Keith, who would no longer need to add up crap and reports of shows no one really care about to save face since it seems he cannot write his rants the way he used to do. (is he the same that wrote Lazarus... hmm, conspiracy here) and could concentrate on his yearly book.

3) quality sites like altwrestling.net and onlineonslaught.com that still try to impress readers with quality pieces (go read ecw history written by Parris. 5 pages of statistics and names and stories and angles. A must read). hopefully, like with the ecw rant at AW, new writers are discovering that writing pieces about the history of the biz, something scott has stopped to do a long time ago, make up for a good read and a steady fanbase.

Really, I don't wanna be sarcastic or flame anyone (since the NEW order at TS would probably ban my ass... gone are the days of fun loving wrestlemaniacs), but I think that for all th readers habe been promised in the last months, the results are pretty much... how to say it... pathetic? Ugly? Utterly nauseating?

I still don't know what was wrong with the old version. At least you could pick rants without resorting to that crappy search engine that gives you 40000 heat report but NOT THE #### RANT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR!

Now... since there's really no other choice out there for wrestling sites (411 sucks without Hyatte, 1bob is, well, 1bob!) I guess TS has taken advantage of the situation... quite like... the WWF! Being the only gam in town has its advantages.

Guest hardyz1

I had never actually read anything by Hyatte before, so I checked out his Mop Up on WM X8.  Yawn.

Guest Pegasus Kid

OK... well first off this is not a "super" idea for the site, it's an idea for people that aren't happy with the present operations of the site.  An idea "for" the site would be something that contributes WHILE IT'S STILL IN OPERATION!  Idiot...

"The fans that would no longer sit through Hyatte-wannabe Scotsman and his asinine pieces about whom he fucks and how much he masturbates a day."

If Hyatte's latest piece over at 411 is an indication of his usual work (I don't usually read his material) then I'll be having a talk with Scotsman about whom he imitates.  UGH... the word tripe doesn't even cover that X-8 rant.  And not to sound like a broken record, but you don't have to read what you don't like.

"quality sites like altwrestling.net and onlineonslaught.com that still try to impress readers with quality pieces"

I'm not sure where you're going with this.  The site is not in competition with the above mentioned sites.  Our continued existance doesn't affect them whatsoever.

"but I think that for all th readers habe been promised in the last months, the results are pretty much... how to say it... pathetic? Ugly? Utterly nauseating?"

*shrugs* things didn't work out.  Well... the database did and I'm happy about that but I can't say the readers got the better end of it (posting our own stuff RULES)

The site has had its ups and downs over the last few months but suggesting it shut down is a total waste of time and energy.  If you've become so disenfranchised with the site that you want it dead, maybe you shouldn't be frequenting the site.  After all, it wouldn't be here if it were dead and it wouldn't be there in your mind if you never came back.

Guest EI Cubano

So you are calling the Smarks a lowbrow site and heralding Chris Hyatte as the internet's answer to Jesus Christ in the same paragraph? A bit contradictory if you ask me.

Guest JAMES900

Yeah if the smarks die then I'll not be able to read Jays coloums which are the highlight of my internet week.

Guest MARTYEWR
1) The fans that would no longer sit through Hyatte-wannabe Scotsman and his asinine pieces about whom he fucks and how much he masturbates a day. Dude, I liked x wrestling and still read lethal, but once upon a time there was a strict line between low brow wrestling sites and quality ones. (thanx to hyatte for starting up this BS and then leaving when things were getting hot...)

2) Keith, who would no longer need to add up crap and reports of shows no one really care about to save face since it seems he cannot write his rants the way he used to do. (is he the same that wrote Lazarus... hmm, conspiracy here) and could concentrate on his yearly book.

3) quality sites like altwrestling.net and onlineonslaught.com that still try to impress readers with quality pieces (go read ecw history written by Parris. 5 pages of statistics and names and stories and angles. A must read). hopefully, like with the ecw rant at AW, new writers are discovering that writing pieces about the history of the biz, something scott has stopped to do a long time ago, make up for a good read and a steady fanbase.

Okay,

1) Like him or not, Scotsman is over. Whether it's positive or negative, he gets a reaction, and that's the main goal here. A ton of people love him on the World Domination board. Also, I checked out CRZ's board during the Hackmaster storyline, and even a lot of them said, "Well, it's Scotsman, so it's okay". And he's got a strong bunch of followers here, or course. If you don't like his articles, don't read them.

2) What do you mean by Scott Keith "saving face". SK is on his second book; if anything, he's "building heat". Also, Scott himself has said that he doesn't enjoy reading Lazarus and Lear as much (it was in some online interview) and how he tries to change his writing to keep with the times. You may not think his writing is good anymore, but that's entirely subjective.

3) One thing you have to learn about TAFKA Netcop is that he tries to stay away from trends just to stand out. I don't blame him. History pieces are becoming quite cliched now. Scott said that sometime after the Lazarus and Lear pieces were done; people did their own versions right after that. Heck, I've thought of posting something in The Smark Krew a few times in an attempt to try out for The Smarks, but the problem is there's nothing to write about in wrestling right now that no one hasn't talked about already. I think, more than anything, that's what made Loss4Words stand out when he tried out, because his Flair piece in The Smark Krew made him stand out from any other try-outs. In the end, it's all about preference, and SK's preference is to avoid "A History of ECW" or whatever trend until it's fizzled out its popularity. I think.

the "I won't write this column because anyone and his dog has written it" argument is beyond idiotic. Scott started this argument a few years ago. Well, duh, how many WM rants are on the 'net? Want an idea of how many rants can be written?

nWo

ECW

Memphis wrestling

japanese politics (someone, I think Judas suggested this)

history of titles (pick one)

history of certain ppvs (wm, summerslam, starrcade, etc.)

jay, I said Hyatte started this whole BS trend, I didn't compliment him, read it again. BTW, Hyatte at least wrote something good in his AAT, so it's not like he was 100% no good.

I read Scots, just long for the days we would get a rant a week by Keith and the others instead of hiring a new writer a month who completely adds nothing.

Bower, Burkholde and a motivated keith are what this site needs. I'm not condemning Keith for writing his goddamn book. Book = money, so who am I to blame him? I just don't know what the problems are where Keller, the guy everyone  hates here, can keep up with his site and his newsletter and have a fine product.

Mitchell, Keller, Powell and mcneill on the Torch

How many on TS?

Then, again, I really don't know why the webmasters here eliminated the Rant crew, possibly the best feature on the old Rantsylvania. 3 times a week you'd get a few columns and that was it, no problems in content.

A while ago I wanted to read video games reviews by Scotsman, I love his reviews, theyr'e funny and provocative. I searched via the search engine and got tons of crap and a few of his rants. So I had to go to his website to get the rest. Would it be difficult to have archives?

Guest RSPWFAQ
2) What do you mean by Scott Keith "saving face". SK is on his second book; if anything, he's "building heat". Also, Scott himself has said that he doesn't enjoy reading Lazarus and Lear as much (it was in some online interview) and how he tries to change his writing to keep with the times. You may not think his writing is good anymore, but that's entirely subjective.

Just to ignore the deluded ramblings of Maurizio here and concentrate on the point I wanted to make as a result, indeed I wasn't particularly fond of Lear/Lazarus recently, so when it came time to write the section for the new book dealing with that timeframe, I rewrote about half the rant and added a lot more stuff (match reviews to support certain points, more detail on certain things, addition of the Shawn Michaels Syracuse story, etc.) and ended up with one coherant essay rather than two sort-of-related columns, and I like my current version much better.  Of course, it's also 50 pages long now, but such is the price of art.

And I also lifted the title for another famous, but never finished, "epic" rant for later in the book.  For the 2001 section, I decided as both a fitting title and a wink to longtime fans, that the perfect summation of the Invasion would be:  "There Goes The Neighborhood..."

So there ya go.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

Why does everyone hate Keith now?  The WWF isn't exactly putting on good shows.  I would be pissed too if I had to watch four hours a week, and a PPV every month.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

thats the thing, he doesnt *have* to, he obviously wants to or else he wouldnt.  now i dont hate keith, but i sorta dont really pay him any attention either.  sure i read his rants, but i have grown as a smark (LOL!!!!) since the days when i would blindly accept all the stuff and opinions he has like many of the people on this board.  also, there are those anti-smark people who think SK is the antichrist, but then those guys contradict themselves in so many ways, but alas i digress.

on the original issue, TSm is pretty sweet in its current format, though i think that eGen sports should be dumped, i dont really see the relevance of it here (unless of course they pay).

Guest admin

Out of everything the site supports everything else basickly, out of all things scott or RSPQW rather have the site than forums.  for now all 3 will stay i think there all good.  they all 3 refer to eachother and have good content it seems.

Guest muswp1

First of all, killing the site is a bad idea.  Except for Scotsman's, I like the columns.  If I could make a positive suggestion, I know I have asked about this before but can there be a way to have archives for the columns and the SmarkLog.  I would really like to be able to see other people's past work besides Keith's.  Specifically Eric S's and Justin's work.  Besides, it would give the other writers a chance to brag and be obnoxious if they make a prediction and three to four months later, the prediction comes true.

Guest MARTYEWR
First of all, killing the site is a bad idea.  Except for Scotsman's, I like the columns.  If I could make a positive suggestion, I know I have asked about this before but can there be a way to have archives for the columns and the SmarkLog.  I would really like to be able to see other people's past work besides Keith's.  Specifically Eric S's and Justin's work.  Besides, it would give the other writers a chance to brag and be obnoxious if they make a prediction and three to four months later, the prediction comes true.

Actually, Eric S's stuff was easily searchable while the site was still up. I think you could still find Justin's stuff too. I know for sure that Don's old Raw and Nitro recaps were up as well.

As for "everyone" hating Scott Keith, I think the problem is people overreacting to SK whenever he differs from the "majorly accepted" opinion. Hey, if you loved Rock-Hogan, fine, but that doesn't make you objective. I loved the match the first time I watched it, particularly because I was with some friends at the time and was in a total goof-off mood, but re-watching the match a couple of days later made me believe it was between average and pretty good. At the same time, I did rewatch Summerslam 2001 a few weeks ago, and I'm still amazed by the intense workrate and brawling by Austin and Angle.

Hey, SK gave Test-Tajiri **. I was at Smackdown live and I rewatched it last night, and personally, I didn't think the match was even that good both times. The difference between me and others versus those who seemingly hate SK, is that the former group doesn't call SK "a big fat idiot" for having an opinion that differs from theirs.

Guest Pegasus Kid
I would really like to be able to see other people's past work besides Keith's.  Specifically Eric S's and Justin's work.  Besides, it would give the other writers a chance to brag and be obnoxious if they make a prediction and three to four months later, the prediction comes true.

I never got around to post the other 1/2 of my work to the database and it won't be happening for a while with the site in its current state.  If you're looking for my archives, just drop into my personal site (URL is in my sig).  Everything is there and truth be told, I post stuff to my site before it ends up on Smarks anyway.  *ahem* NEW REVIEW ON MY SITE!  GO NOW!  :D

Guest JAMES900

Pegaus shills better than mean gene he'll be pushing the smarks hotline next :P

I just don't know what the problems are where Keller, the guy everyone  hates here, can keep up with his site and his newsletter and have a fine product.

Where did you get the idea people hate Keller? I never heard that.

1) Like him or not, Scotsman is over. Whether it's positive or negative, he gets a reaction, and that's the main goal here. A ton of people love him on the World Domination board.

Of course they love him there. He makes jokes about sex and stupid bitches, etc.

I read Scots, just long for the days we would get a rant a week by Keith and the others instead of hiring a new writer a month who completely adds nothing.

LOL. I agree there. White Chocolate, Darryl Husky and these other guys are beyond bad.

also, there are those anti-smark people who think SK is the antichrist, but then those guys contradict themselves in so many ways, but alas i digress.

I usually don't agree with those guys but they at least bring up good points alot of times. You can't say all of them contradict themselves. That isn't being fair.

The difference between me and others versus those who seemingly hate SK, is that the former group doesn't call SK "a big fat idiot" for having an opinion that differs from theirs.

I think alot of it has to do with Keith being a bitter jackass all the time now which is why I didn't buy his book and don't read his rants. I read a couple recent ones to give him another chance but he is even more unappealing now. And his opinions are the same as almost everyone else's alot of times.

Out of everything the site supports everything else basickly, out of all things scott or RSPQW rather have the site than forums.  for now all 3 will stay i think there all good.  they all 3 refer to eachother and have good content it seems.

Admin....I seriously have no idea what your talking about. Were you on drugs typing this? ;)

Guest The Vanilla Midget
As for "everyone" hating Scott Keith, I think the problem is people overreacting to SK whenever he differs from the "majorly accepted" opinion. Hey, if you loved Rock-Hogan, fine, but that doesn't make you objective. I loved the match the first time I watched it, particularly because I was with some friends at the time and was in a total goof-off mood, but re-watching the match a couple of days later made me believe it was between average and pretty good. At the same time, I did rewatch Summerslam 2001 a few weeks ago, and I'm still amazed by the intense workrate and brawling by Austin and Angle.

i didnt think rock-hogan was very good either.  it was like 1 part wrestling 4 parts posing.  it told a "decent" story, but i wasn't really into it as i started watching wrestling after hulkamania had well and truly ended.  i though ***, and 2 stars of that was for simple mark-out value.

Guest Tomato Can

Personally, I think Hyatte and Scotsman both suck.

As for SK and WM18, I was there live, and while I thought Rock-Hogan was fucking amazing (at least being part of the crowd was) I did think the show as a whole fell kinda flat.  HHH-Jericho was pretty good, but it was hard to tell because the crowd was totally deflated and some were even filing out.  The rest of the matches were of RAW caliber.

Oh yea, and Maurizio, when are you gonna learn nobody gives a fuck what you think?

Guest evenflowDDT

As someone who likes both Scott Keith and Scostman (and always has!), I find the audacity of this thread a bit unnerving.  Good thing nobody of any importance will even give it the time of day.  I've personally never been too big a fan of message-boards, so if anything as extreme as removing a section of The Smarks (which simply won't happen, sure there were major server problems this past week but there's really no reason to) were to happen, I'd say remove the board (though I don't actually want the board removed, I'm just saying if something had to be cut cut the board).  But, knowing that nothing needs to be cut, and that Maurizio is either joking or vying for attention or something, my entire post (and this topic) is moot.  Scott still rules.  Scotsman still rules.  No Smarks, no Smarkboard.  End of story.

well, thanx for the deluded, the nobody and for telling me no one gives a fuck about what I say. I'm a regular visitor of RV and TS since 1998, but hearing that my opinion doesn't count from some 14 years old mark is always funny. more, when I say kill the site, please don't take it SO seriously. I know we're wrestling fans but acting like idiots is not a must, ok? I didn't mean to kill the site for real! it was just a way to express my dismay (and the fine fine people here have let me know it really doiesn't matter what I think, so...)

ok, first of all, I don't care what Keith thinks wrestling-wise. I like Benoit, he likes jericho? fine, I think jericho's an overrated bitch who's been lucky to smell world title gold in his delusional career so far. that's not the problem. What I take to heart is oh what a surprise, that Keith should really stop acting like a smart ass all of the time, because really, for the books and the fame, fact of the matter is that you've got the possibility of writing books and getting paid to do it thanx in part to the readers who took SK signs to house shows and ppv, who read everything you write, who still today quote your old material, so please, please, don't act like the next Dave Meltzer. every writer today, except for da mltz, keller and maybe mitchell, is just one Hyatte away from obscurity.

now, I wrote what I wrote because quite frankly the site sucks. It's MY opinion, you don't need to flame me for my opinions, ok? I'm not talking about the guy who told me no one gives a fuck about what I think or the guy who implied I'm crazy or what: those guys are lemmings and anyone knows how lemmings express themselves.

I've worked for different sites, italian and american. I've written for Randomwrestling, too bad the langiage barrier prevented us from having a long relationship. Of course, when I speak about wrestling sites I know my shit, ok? I'm not some great webmaster or what, but I know my shit.

I suggested a better search engine = I got flamed

I said the forum is the best part of the site = same

I suggested there're too many writers (and someone backed me up on that) = I got flamed

Is that a way to tell readers "this is our site, we don't need suggestions on anything. Read and go fuck yourself!"?

wow... the wrestlemaniacs of yesterday have become the 1bob of today and #### proud of that. well, keep up the good work, since you're getting paid to do it there's no really a reason to improve things.

Guest RSPWFAQ
wow... the wrestlemaniacs of yesterday have become the 1bob of today and #### proud of that. well, keep up the good work, since you're getting paid to do it there's no really a reason to improve things.

Christ on a cracker, for the last fucking time...there is NO MONEY IN RUNNING A WEBSITE ANYMORE.

I get paid to write the book, but the website is hosted on a free server and the ads are in exchange for tapes.  I don't get "paid" to do anything for TheSmarks or 411.  We run the site as we see fit, the best we can, and if the entire fanbase deserts the site it won't make a lick of difference to my financial bottom line.  So stop trying to throw that in my face as your only argument, OKAY?

sorry scott but weren't you the one that admitted you got paid for writing rants? I'm 100% sure about it since I exactly remember what I thought "Gee, so one writer can make money writing wrestling rants?!"

I read it 2 years ago, maybe it's in the same rant where you wrote that Dallas page told you he liked your match ratings, now I really don't remember what rant it was.

Hey, there's no shame in doing that. It's just that when something important happened on could count on Netcop telling it like it is or writing one of his rants like Netcop vs (insert name here). It was funny.

Christ... I'm beginning to sound like Judas...

Guest Don Becker
sorry scott but weren't you the one that admitted you got paid for writing rants? I'm 100% sure about it since I exactly remember what I thought "Gee, so one writer can make money writing wrestling rants?!"

I read it 2 years ago, maybe it's in the same rant where you wrote that Dallas page told you he liked your match ratings, now I really don't remember what rant it was.

Yeah - two years ago the bubble hadn't burst, and it was still possible to make money on the Internet.  Things change awfully quickly, and I know those of us who paid the site's bills have bitched about ad revenue drying up (which is why we're glad we can go ad-free on the main server now).

Guest Tiger Suplex 85
1) Like him or not, Scotsman is over. Whether it's positive or negative, he gets a reaction, and that's the main goal here. A ton of people love him on the World Domination board.

Of course they love him there. He makes jokes about sex and stupid bitches, etc.

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHA, u r hillarus!!!1 I tink it was funny when u said dat de adimnnn was on drugzs!1 U rule cos druggs ares funny!!!2"

World Domination Inc.

World Domination Inc.

World Domination Inc.

World Domination Inc.

World Domination Inc.

Who's this #######? Why is he here? has he got the answer to life's problems? no? Then get the #### away...

Guest Witty F Banter

Hmmm. Yup, still ghey.

I find it odd that there always seems to be some sort of un-Civil War over here at the Smarks. All you people do is bitch and moan about the gheyest stuff. Listen, I'm not a fan of the Smarks columnists, but they aren't obligated to make you happy. You people are so ungrateful. Get the penises out of your mouths and quit that crying.

Anyway, I'm here to pimp the site, so let's get to it:

World Domination Inc.

We Own You.

And you like it.

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHA, u r hillarus!!!1 I tink it was funny when u said dat de adimnnn was on drugzs!1 U rule cos druggs ares funny!!!2"

I'm not funny at all. I don't think I'm funny. I guess I must of got you pretty mad if you posted just to defend your shitty board. You like it...fine. But some people don't. And to the other guy...if you don't like the people here why are do you want them to coem over to your board

Guest Tha Cunnysmythe

Hey, Maurizio... Remember when you used to talk about your difficulties in taking a crap? Remember the deviant online relationship you had with MyNameIsDementia? How you used to clutter up loads of threads with your sickening pseudo-lovelife, calling each other Pooky-Wooky and other such crap? Remember how you were essentially responsible for the deletion of the Flaming Folder and getting a massive crapload of people banned? Hmm?

Come to WDI. Maurizio C cannot be found there.

Why?

Because he's BANNED.

Yes. Come to WDI.