TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Plushy Al Logan

More bad news from Wrestlingnewworld.com

Guest Plushy Al Logan

Lex Luger Meets With Vince McMahon; WWE Return Likely

Written by Ryan Clark on 03/25/2003

Both Vince McMahon and Lex Luger sat down with each other last week and talked about the possibility of working out a WWE deal. Both parties are said to be seriously considering the deal and McMahon was said to be very pleased with Luger's work in WWF the first time.

With the recent signing and soon to debut of Goldberg in WWE, many would lean towards a Lex Luger/Goldberg feud which would rekindle some of the fire left behind from WCW.

As for a return to WWE for Luger, don't expect it to happen at WrestleMania. The two sides only started talking during the middle part of last week. If a deal in finalized, it would not be until around Backlash, the PPV following WrestleMania.

Guest Ram

Wow. I was just kidding about the Lex Express thing.

I never thought we'd be here. *packs bags*

Guest Downhome

I was a huge Luger Fan for many years, even when he was in WWF. However, I did not care for him right at the VERY end of WCW, but hey, I really could care less if he comes in our not.

Guest Nevermortal

I'll believe it when Meltzer reports it.

Wrestlingnewsworld doesn't seem like the most reliable source.

Guest Quik

Ha. Why bother elevating new stars?

**Remembers HHH**

Oh yeah. Oh well, let's just sign "established" stars to try to rekindle ratings... because that'll work. :rolleyes:

Guest Brian

I'd rather have Goldberg, because at least there'll be an initial jump and after that McMahon has a better chance realizing he's making bad decisions. Luger's like three or four steps down in comparison, has never drawn

Guest Youth N Asia

I wouldn't trust the site.

But why would Vince even meet wiht Luger? Doesn't he know that Lex Luger can add absolutly nothing positive to the WWE? Lex's best days are 14 years behind him

Guest HartFan86
I'd rather have Goldberg, because at least there'll be an initial jump and after that McMahon has a better chance realizing he's making bad decisions. Luger's like three or four steps down in comparison, has never drawn

I should of said I'd rather watch Luger in the WWE then Goldberg....but that's true. At least Goldberg will jump start the WWE, but most likely no more than that.

Guest Trivia247

Luger.....Goldberg

Jeez why don't we dig up Marty Jenetty and Ludwig Borga.

Wait...

Borga actually got a good job in government

and Jenetty is on the highway somewhere with a sign saying WILL WRESTLE FOR FOOD

Guest Brian

He has more use, but I wouldn't use the term jump start. It would take an amazing amount of good booking to recreate the image he had without giving him a win streak and letting him no sell the big players, while refusing to job and work with 90% of the roster. Chances are, they're fucking it up and they should have learned with the NWO (or Steiner) where there were two worthy buyrates but the negatives far outweighed the positives.

Guest Polish_Rifle

Assuming this is true...

What the hell is going on around here? What happened to creating new stars?

Luger? Alright, if he comes back I want him to come back as the Narcissist...We need more gimmicks damnit!

Guest AndrewTS

Steiner's going have another old roided buddy to join him in the midcard if this is true, because it will fail.

Just as I suspected this is one of those sites that just pulls stories from sites like wrestlingobserver, PWTorch, and 1wrestling and then changes a few words and then doesn't credit them or just completely makes up stories. I knew the name Ryan Clark sounded familiar his on a million of these sites just like Matt Boone. Don't believe this story for a second.

Guest Space_Cowboy

This better not be true, though this is the same company thinking of putting two 50 year olds in the main event of wrestlemania, so nothing is out of the question with these geniuses.

Oh ya and its one of those sites with the fake new story links at the bottom and just takes you to "revealing" pictures of wrestling chicks...here was the one for the Luger article:

BREAKING NEWS: ((FIVE)) WWE Roster Cuts Early This Morning (GO >>)! **FULL LIST*!!

These are the type of sites that people who post on the WWE gamefaqs message board get their wrestling "news" from.

Guest El Satanico

Face it...Vince is going to bring in every "big name" he can find.

We know Luger won't do shit, but Vince sees the "name value" they use to have and goes blind to everything else. Vince will continue to bring in guys that USE to have name value until there's none left.

At least he could bring back an entertaing oldie like the Funkster

Guest Plushy Al Logan
Luger? Alright, if he comes back I want him to come back as the Narcissist...We need more gimmicks damnit!

Sadly, the Gobeldy Gooker, and Kamala are alot better than what happens on Raw each and every week.

Guest Army Eye

Seriously though, that site is a JOKE! The first two things that happened when I went there; It tried to force me to bookmark the site, and it tried to install fucking GATOR. Why would you even visit this site, never mind take their news seriously.

Guest Jobber of the Week

If this is true, this is the one time I want to see HHH make the other guy his bitch.