TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest FeArHaVoC

Aerosmith & Kiss featuring Saliva

Guest FeArHaVoC

I know a lot of you guys hate Aerosmith these days, but there is no question they can still rock live. Plus, Aerosmith has a "Blues" album coming out and being on tour w/ KISS they will probably play more old school stuff which would be great. KISS is KISS live and Saliva opening is interesting. Ticket's look to be about regular price, not to expensive for 3 bands, two of which being Legends.

I'm defiantly going if they come here, would you guys pay to see this show?

1st On- Saliva. Set Time 25 minutes.

2nd On- KISS. Set time 75 minutes.

Closing- Aerosmith. Set time 75-85 minutes.

Guest GeneMean

I wouldn't mind seeing Aerosmith once. I've seen KISS three times and enjoyed all three shows. I dunno how the ticket pricing will really be. The last two times I've seen KISS the prices were up there. I guess it also depends on if Ace is gonna be touring with them or not.

Guest Plushy Al Logan
I'm defiantly going if they come here, would you guys pay to see this show?

I would only pay to see Kiss, to Hell with the other two bands.

Guest NoCalMike

Aerosmith & Kiss eh......hmm two old washed-up bands playing TOGETHER....so ticket prices should be approx $200. Hell NO.

Guest swan
Didn't they have a farewell tour?

S long as people show up, they'll keep touring. The original reunion was in 1996. Anyways both bands fucking rip live. Sucks though no Ace Frehley. And how the fuck does Saliva fit on the bill? Give Kiss and 'Smith an extra 15 minutes each instead. I'd pay up to maybe $75 (same price as the Metallica tour).

Guest saturnmark4life

Well I hope the mighty KISS don't kill their 'farewell tour' gimmick before they bring it to the UK, then they can stop. As long as they don't bring saliva with them.

Guest Choken One

I've seen Aerosmith 3 times live and they sucked all three times...So dissapointing. KISS, I've yet to see...

Damn KISS alone makes me want to go...

CHOKEN ONE'S Concert's to attend list

Ozzfest

Summer Sanitarium

Lollapalooza (for Audio Slave only)

Kiss, Aerosmith, Saliva

and those are just the major tours...

Guest mw679

Saw Aerosmith live last summer and they surprised me how good they were. The jury's still out on KISS tho. I'm just not too thrilled to see them, I mean, they've gone on 27,654 farewell tours already. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to see them once. Also, why does everybody find it "cool" to shit on bands like Aerosmith? Ok, so they've gone commercial or whatever, but seeing them live was awesome and just to see the looks on half the crowds faces when they busted out with "Rats in the cellar" was fucking worth the price of admission! Just imagine the 15 year old girl waiting for a tune like "Girls of Summer" and just standing there like "Whaaaaa???" Amazing.

Guest Choken One

Oh, I like the band, I was just saying they weren't that good live when I seen them...

Guest mw679

Ah, I see, that comment wasn't directed towards you, really. It was just an overall observation, like "Yeah, it's cool to diss Aerosmith....cuz they sold out, man!" I really don't care if they have a hit single or not. I just listen to the older stuff, there is some great rock n roll/blues songs on the older albums. I'm actually interested to hear the blues album that's supposedly on the way.

Guest Plushy Al Logan
Saw Aerosmith live last summer and they surprised me how good they were. The jury's still out on KISS tho. I'm just not too thrilled to see them, I mean, they've gone on 27,654 farewell tours already. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to see them once. Also, why does everybody find it "cool" to shit on bands like Aerosmith? Ok, so they've gone commercial or whatever, but seeing them live was awesome and just to see the looks on half the crowds faces when they busted out with "Rats in the cellar" was fucking worth the price of admission! Just imagine the 15 year old girl waiting for a tune like "Girls of Summer" and just standing there like "Whaaaaa???" Amazing.

I don't mind when a band goes commercial (Van Halen, Metallica), but as long as they don't suck when doing so(Aerosmith, Metallica), and some bands just sucked the whole time(Areosmith).

Guest FeArHaVoC

I know what you guys mean, but it's ridiculous.

I'd really like to know where Aerosmith began to "Sell out" in your guys eyes? Permanent Vacation had some great stuff on it and Pump was a great Rock-N-Roll album. Yes, they made some commercial hits, and too many pop rock songs, but so what? If that's what they have to do to stay relevant and be able to tour so fans like myself can see them, then fine with me. Obviously, there are people out there who like that kind of Aerosmith too.

The whole "sell out" thing is what bugs me. In the 70's, Aerosmith had hit singles and albums. Always had their songs played on the radio. Made millions, sold out Stadium shows all over and even did some TV show performances. But, they weren't considered Sells outs then?

But yet, Kiss makes a movie, sells Countless dolls, magazines, pins and other merchandise items. They made a damn Disco Album in the late 70's and went GLAM KISS in the 80's. But, yet they get off free.

Zeppelin, Ozzy, Stones and AC/DC allow their music to get used in commercials and in movies and no one says a damn thing. But when Aerosmith does it's a fuckin' tragedy.

Guest Plushy Al Logan
Zeppelin, Ozzy, Stones and AC/DC allow their music to get used in commercials and in movies and no one says a damn thing. But when Aerosmith does it's a fuckin' tragedy.

I've never heard AC/DC or Ozzy on a commercial. But like I said, some bands don't turn to suck when or if they sell out.

Guest crandamaniac
But yet, Kiss makes a movie, sells Countless dolls, magazines, pins and other merchandise items. They made a damn Disco Album in the late 70's and went GLAM KISS in the 80's. But, yet they get off free.

The thing with Kiss is they knowingly "sold out", and have fun doing it. I've heard many Gene Simmons Interviews where he's said he'll put the Kiss name on anything from comics to coffins. I think that's one of the reasons they don't get shit on. Granted they ain't the most talented band in the world, but they merchandise and pimp there name to the best

I've never heard AC/DC or Ozzy on a commercial. But like I said, some bands don't turn to suck when or if they sell out.

Ozzy has done a Pepsi commercial, but I haven't heard AC\DC in anything

Guest saturnmark4life

Funny story about Simmons, he noticed the monopoly (might have been cluedo) logo on the game box wasn't copyrighted and did so, and now receives royalties for it. I tip my hat to you, sir.

Guest mw679

Some chick playing Back in Black on a guitar on a GAP ad on TV. That counts as AC/DC I guess. There was also an ad for Lincoln(the Navigator, maybe?) that had 'DC in the background.

also, *agrees with Havoc's last post*

Guest El Satanico
Crazy Train has been played in some car commercials.

Nissan...I believe.

Seen Aerosmith before, can't stand KISS and I don't care about Saliva either way. Wouldn't be interested at all.

Guest DrTom
I'd really like to know where Aerosmith began to "Sell out" in your guys eyes?

With Permanent Vacation, definitely. Done With Mirrors was more of a declaration of intent and a "Hey, the band's back together" reminder than it was a comeback album, so the onus fell to PV. That's when Aerosmith started working with "song doctors" like Desmond Child and Diane Warren, instead of relying on Joe Perry's ability to write riffs and Steven Tyler's ability to flesh the music out and write relevant lyrics. Keep in mind that I've always liked Aerosmith and still do, but by the definition of "selling out" that's normally bandied about, they sold out with Permanent Vacation.

I've seen them live four times, and they've rocked the fucking house all those times. It's awesome when they bust out a great, obscure song from their past and completely perplex the people whose first exposure to the band was "Eat The Rich." I'm indifferent to Kiss, though I hear they've always been a good live act. Saliva... eh. If I went, I'd go to see Aerosmith again, more than anything.

Speaking of farewell tours, I saw an ad for the Eagles' upcoming farewell tour, wherein it was billed as "Farewell Tour I." I don't know if that's pathetic for admitting they'll do it again, or if I should give them props for poking fun at the band who have done multiple farewell tours, only to return when the call of the dead presidents is too loud to ignore.

Guest Choken One

Why did they rule for everyone else but me? Hell, I don't even think they broke out ANY old old school songs...

Guest mw679

When was the last time you saw Aerosmith live, Choken? The last summer tour was great. I think it's what kind of place you see them at, too. I saw them at the Tweeter Center, which is made specifically for concerts so you get the best sound. I've seen bands in stadiums and even in the Fleetcenter, and they never sound quite as good as when I see a band at the TweeterCenter.

Guest converge241

are you sure about aerosmith playing last?

i cant see Gene opening up for anybody

I'm going.

mw679 the "27,654" Farewell Tours is a bit far fetched, they've been on ONE and this is the extended "leg".

Fuck Ace Frehley, he can go kill himself with alcohol poisoning for all i care. IMO Ace died in 1981. Bruce Kulick would destroy him and Tommy Thayer is getting rave reviews.

And for the others, stop bickering.. "they sold out" "sell out!" who gives a fuck? Good music is good music. KISS is good music. Aerosmith is good music. Saliva is..well..., anyway. AC/DC is good music. Black Sabbath is good music. Barry F'n Manilow is good music god damnit. Enjoy life.

KISS/Aerosmith, when will they be hitting Minneapolis? :-)

Guest Galactic Gigolo

Saliva was most likely added simply to try and encourage the fans of nu-metal to show up.

I'll go to see Saliva and Kiss. I fucking hate Aerosmith with a passion, as all the shit he'll end up playing is overplayed and has been used by every movie/commercial for the past ten, fifteen years.

Guest mw679

Yeah, I was just fucking around with the number of farewell tours, but I just don't see why they just say it's another tour, instead of every time going "This is the last KISS tour ever!!! Come see us now, cuz we'll never, ever return again!!!" If you gotta keep changing your mind, don't keep fucking with the fans. That's all.