TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Week 37

Guest Galactic Gigolo

As per the usual, great stuff.

Somar over at 411 actually did a pretty decent job this week too. Nothing matches up with your's, but it was a big improvement.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Sign idea for next week, to be held next to "Siaki Needs A Belt":

But Not A Title

Guest oldschoolwrestling

Dames, great read as always. I found your comments about Jeff Jarrett's comments interesting. My take is that when he's in character, his comments aren't shoots. You found it interesting that he said some things being that he is the owner. I think it was more of a smark type thing but still in character. His comments about AJ and about Erik Watts were thoughts his character should feel. AJ is a young up and comer and Watts never has amounted to anything so for his character to say these things is fine. If JJ said these things in a radio interview or on the net that would be one thing, but to say them on the show I find totally acceptable and not a burial of either guy.

I agree, somewhat, with your points about Jarrett.

(Did you email me about this?)

Well, this is what I said in response to the same question:

"The thing about the Jarrett interview is that while he is in character, he may be voicing his personal opinion about the performers themselves. There's a fine line between it and when he says something about a performer not being ready to be a top guy, especially after not putting him over when the storyline called for it, you have to question it."

If really seemed as if AJ Styles was poised to win the title that night with everything leading up to the match. Since then, his character has been stagnant, almost as if they've had to start from scratch because their initials plans didn't go through. It just makes me question it...that's all.

Dames

Guest oldschoolwrestling
I agree, somewhat, with your points about Jarrett.

(Did you email me about this?)

Well, this is what I said in response to the same question:

"The thing about the Jarrett interview is that while he is in character, he may be voicing his personal opinion about the performers themselves. There's a fine line between it and when he says something about a performer not being ready to be a top guy, especially after not putting him over when the storyline called for it, you have to question it."

If really seemed as if AJ Styles was poised to win the title that night with everything leading up to the match. Since then, his character has been stagnant, almost as if they've had to start from scratch because their initials plans didn't go through. It just makes me question it...that's all.

Dames

Nope, I didn't email you.

Question. How many people do you think have their hands in the booking/writing? We know Jeff and Russo definately. But are others involved? Jerry Jarrett? Who else?

Also, it seems like they don't follow through on too much. I mean, Truth was up in the rafters then he's face, then quickly turns heel. D-Lo comes in face then is now seemingly heel. AJ was the man, now seems a bit lost. Jerry Lynn should be up top but is in a decent feud with Konnan over a division being defended by a champ who has only wrestled one decent guy (Red). Old timers come in for a week then are gone for no reason (Vader, Nikita, etc.) All but a few storylines seem to run from start to finish and its getting annoying.

Guest Kotzenjunge

Dames, four words:

Trinity's ass > Belladonna's ass.

When I start my job and start ordering TNA again, it will be just to see Trinity's tremendous rump and nothing else, as there's nothing else that seems that interesting at the moment.