Sign in to follow this  
Guest oldschoolwrestling

Jeremy Borash

Guest oldschoolwrestling

JEREMY BORASH: FROM THE INSIDE

by NWATNA Updated: 3/28/2003 12:43:44 PM

FROM THE INSIDE

with Jeremy Borash

Greetings again, and we have lots of big news to get to… so on with it!

Father James Mitchell in his promo said he was going to turn the TNA Asylum into the TNA Slaughterhouse, and it turns out he lived up to that promise. The main event last Wednesday night resulted in several trips to the hospital.

Don Harris required eight stitches on the top of his head.

D'Lo Brown suffered a possible concussion, seven stitches, and was taken to the hospital following the show. We kept the cameras rolling after the show went off the air, as Brown bled heavily in the ring. Brown was taken to the emergency room following the show, and a camera was actually brought along, but was not allowed to video inside of hospital. Also spotted at the hospital was Bowser of Sha Na Na fame, who is a wrestling fan vowed to order the PPV last week after seeing the influx of TNA talent who were waiting to be worked on.

Sandman, who may actually be oblivious to pain, had his neck jarred during the show.

Good to see Chris Daniels get some mic time this week. I firmly believe if given the ball, Daniels could be a main eventer on his own.

I really enjoyed the Perry Saturn debut for TNA this week. The lights-out-who-in-the-hell-is-coming-out introduction of a new face has always been a favorite.

Want to know a real locker room leader? The American Dream Dusty Rhodes has been nothing short of a complete honor to work with. He is cordial to everyone, and I'm thrilled to have him part of our company. While I have always thought he was in a league of his own on the stick, his promos in TNA have been some of the best of his career. It also seems like Dusty is having a good time at the shows, as he is often the life of the locker room.

The Raven video package that aired was my favorite to date.

Goldylocks did an incredible job kicking off this week's show, with a goose-bump producing version of "America the Beautiful," at the top of the show. Sitting along side of her on guitar was Dale Oliver, who is one of the very talented people who works on the music you hear on TNA.

Thanks to those of you who have emailed me about "Hey, Mr. President," the song performed by my brother's band that has now getting major airplay on every country radio station in the nation. They received word those in President Bush's inner circle have heard the song and loved it. I wouldn't be surprised to see them perform it at the White House.

Congratulations to Bert Prentice, who not only celebrated a birthday this past week, but also has lost over 60 pounds, and looks great. TNA web guy CT Haynes also celebrates today.

TNA was impressed with Alexis Laree. I would imagine she will be back soon.

Pitbull Gary Wolfe will have a dark match this Wednesday night with TNA.

Head of State opens today nationwide, and has a great segment of Chris Rock getting an ass kicking from several of the TNA crew. Athena is also shown in the movie. Rock has been using that segment as a clip being shown when doing talk shows, which has already received good reviews pretty much across the board.

TNA's involvement with NASCAR is such a great crossover and makes so much sense from a business standpoint. Jeff Jarrett and I attended the Busch and Winston Cup races last weekend in Bristol, along with a sold out crowd of over 160,000 people, and that is just for one typical weekend. Is NASCAR just a southern thing? Fair question… maybe we should ask one of the 100,000+ people that regularly attend races in Michigan, New Hampshire, Delaware, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Phoenix, and New York. The crossover is definitely there, as autograph lines for Jeff Jarrett have often been longer than autograph lines for some of the drivers!

Doors are opening for TNA to get a cable television spot on a weekly basis. Just to squash any rumors or speculation (because this is far from being a done deal), the show, like any other wrestling show today, would be used to help build to our PPV events. This show would also be used as a revenue-generating venture. It's still very early in the game, but that is probably the most common question I get. For this deal to actually happen, it would have to make complete business sense, as we do not have a business model that requires this as the basis of our existence.

This week's main event will be Jeff Jarrett vs. D'Lo Brown for the NWA World Title. I think the intrigue for this match alone leaves several wild turns this could take. Brown jumped ahead in line of #1 contender Raven for a shot at the title, in return he has agreed to join Sports Entertainment Xtreme if he wins. S.E.X. will be in the corner of Brown for the title match.

TNA has once again learned that our numbers have taken on a considerable growth in the last two months, with early indications showing our March 12th show being the most watched TNA episode to date, outdoing our premiere broadcast. While the system cannot give us exact numbers for several months after a broadcast airs, we are able to get fairly accurate projections from several systems using standard formulas for projections. The good thing? The projections so far have always ended up being low.

Mega-props and much love to all of you who do a great job with your TNA websites. Check out www.totalnonstop.com, www.nwatnazone.com, www.nwatnalive.com, www.heelsection.com, and www.tnarevolution.com are among my favorites.

I'll apologize for not getting back to our viewers who have emailed me in the last two weeks, as I've been a bit under the weather and haven't gotten back to many of you. If you do have feedback on our show, you are always encouraged to send your email to [email protected].

That is it for this week! We will see you back next Wednesday night at the Asylum!

Jeremy Borash

www.NWATNA.com

Guest The Last Free Voice

Dang, that sounds like a real Ross Report. I mean "locker room leader"? Please~!

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Why do locker room's need leaders?

Are they going somewhere?

Guest dreamer420

It's good to have someone in the locker room that the younger guys can get advise and critisism from. Dusty obviously has the knowledge to help out all the TNA talent and I'm glad he's doing so because they haven't had a bad show in a long time.

Guest Mad Dog

It's good to hear that they might have gained back all the intitial buys.

And if the younger guys need someone to look up to there's few more experienced than Dusty Rhodes.

I think a looker room leader is a good thing. As long as they, well you know :gasp: help improve and put the younger talent over. (Im looking at you taker) :D

Good to see Chris Daniels get some mic time this week. I firmly believe if given the ball, Daniels could be a main eventer on his own.

Damn right!

ChUnK!

Guest dreamer420

That would be dope. I had never heard Daniels on the stick til Wednesday night and I was really impressed with him. He has the abilities and the talent to be a major player in TNA. He just needs to break away from the SEX faction IMO.

That would be dope. I had never heard Daniels on the stick til Wednesday night and I was really impressed with him. He has the abilities and the talent to be a major player in TNA. He just needs to break away from the SEX faction IMO.

That is if Vince doesn't snatch him away first. Rumour has it he stole the show at the OVW camp a few weeks ago.

ChUnK!

I thought this was discussed already that it was some sort of camp or somthing that Daniels went to. If Vince really wanted him, he would have him right now.

If Vince really wanted him, he would have him right now.

I guess your right there :(

I just meant that if he is pushed in TNA, then they might not have him for that long if Vince swoops in.

ChUnK!